Page 4 of 163 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Ivy is essentially an uber-environmentalist with an obsession with plants. That'd be pretty easy for the show to do. She probably won't even have powers yet. Maybe she's some kind of eco-terrorist. If her name really is "Ivy Pepper" on the show, then I'm not a huge fan of that. Pamela Isley just sounds much better.
    I think she's very young in this, probably ten or something. An from what I've heard she only appears in the pilot.

Ultimate Member

She look pretty wild/messed up in her brief shot in the trailer. So it's possible that they'll hint that there's already something wrong with her mental state.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Where are people getting Ivy Pepper from? That is not a good name lol. Pam is sooo much better XD.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Does anyone have any thoughts on New 52 Ivy changing with the seasons?

http://www.placesandpredators.com/52...rlAnnual2i.jpg

At first I thought it was a really dumb idea, but then I began thinking they might do something cool with this so I'll save my opinion for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke the Terminator View Post
    Does anyone have any thoughts on New 52 Ivy changing with the seasons?

http://www.placesandpredators.com/52...rlAnnual2i.jpg

At first I thought it was a really dumb idea, but then I began thinking they might do something cool with this so I'll save my opinion for now.
    I like that, it ties in with that SADs really well, and it adds something really cool to her that we did not have before. I did not really care for them saying poison ice, but I like that it changes and the plant part gets iced over.
    Pulls:

I prefer the BTAS version of Ivy, a brilliant biobotanist but unhinged when push comes to shove. She's similar to Mr. Freeze in that I want to sympathize with her, but would rather not see become an anti-heroine. She's one of Batman's few prominent supervillainesses and I definitely enjoy her as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    I like that, it ties in with that SADs really well, and it adds something really cool to her that we did not have before. I did not really care for them saying poison ice, but I like that it changes and the plant part gets iced over.
    I agree. It makes sense as a real plant or tree physically and physiologically changes with the seasons, so it is fascinating to see this cyclical change take place for Ivy in a human and psychological form like SAD.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I agree. It makes sense as a real plant or tree physically and physiologically changes with the seasons, so it is fascinating to see this cyclical change take place for Ivy in a human and psychological form like SAD.
    Ya I have been researching a lot about SADs because of this, its a very interesting mental illness and it fits Ivy really well.
    Pulls:

Ultimate Member

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=99770

Ivy's on the Gotham official poster. Oh and how nice of them to separate the characters into "hero" and "villain" sides, with Gordon and Bullock in the middle. I really like that for some reason.

Spectacular Member

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=99770

Ivy's on the Gotham official poster. Oh and how nice of them to separate the characters into "hero" and "villain" sides, with Gordon and Bullock in the middle. I really like that for some reason.
    Labelling a 10 year old girl as a "villain", a "threat", an "enemy" is creepy.

Ultimate Member

Not really, it's been done lots of times in fiction before. And been done really well. Heck "creepy/evil kids" is practically it's own sub-genre at this point.

I don't think she is going to be evil or a villain, maybe just a bad girl? XD lol.
    Pulls:

Spectacular Member

Not really, it's been done lots of times in fiction before. And been done really well. Heck "creepy/evil kids" is practically it's own sub-genre at this point.
    I still find it creepy and disturbing. It's really cheap. At this age kids don't even have fully developed conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by retical View Post
    I still find it creepy and disturbing. It's really cheap. At this age kids don't even have fully developed conscience.
    Idk, I think they do at that age, she looks like 10 to 12.

Again I don't she will be a villain. My guess is her mom gets killed by her dad and the GCPD will investigate, solve the murder, then she will get sent to stay with her "uncle or something" woodrue. And she starts to lose it a bit after losing both her mom and dad. That my guess, cause this is a cop drama, but I could be wrong. I would like that to be close though.
    Pulls: