Page 41 of 163 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Ya, no, that Harley is in her own little world in that series, at least to me haha. So I am not taking that as fact for all comics haha. I doubt that their relationship (other then friends) would show up outside Harley's comic. Unless it is written by Palmiotti or Conner. I have nothing but respect for both those writers, but I hope they don't write the Ivy series. I have loved a lot of their work, they are talented. And I understand why people would like Harley's comic. So I have no ill feelings for that series or them, it's just not my cup or tea.

So far we have seen Ivy outside of Harley series and they never talked about it, plus to be honest I doubt they will ever mention that they are dating or girlfriends in Harley's comic as well. He could have just said that to please the fans, who knows. But whatever, like I said, that comic is kinda in its own world.

You know, when I think about it, I am not against them dating, in whatever way they want. I think as long as that is not all a character is.

But I hope Bleeding Cool is right about a new Ivy series coming! I am so ready for this. I will be asking about it in July at comic con. So hope we can get some news then.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 06-13-2015 at 08:17 PM.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Hopefully it's not by the Palmiottis lol.

And ugh at Johnston's idea about Ivy joining ISIS. That's completely antithetical to who she is. I could actually see her run down Boko Haram for "polluting" the sanctity of Nigeria's Sambisa forest and save kidnapped women and girls from their clutches, Imperator Furiosa style.
    Yeah, his ideas from the article are the worst...but I like your Furiosa-style plot! In fact, I did drew a Mad Max/Ivy mash-up after I saw the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Ya, no, that Harley is in her own little world in that series, at least to me haha. So I am not taking that as fact for all comics haha. I doubt that their relationship (other then friends) would show up outside Harley's comic. Unless it is written by Palmiotti or Conner. I have nothing but respect for both those writers, but I hope they don't write the Ivy series. I have loved a lot of their work, they are talented. And I understand why people would like Harley's comic. So I have no ill feelings for that series or them, it's just not my cup or tea.

So far we have seen Ivy outside of Harley series and they never talked about it, plus to be honest I doubt they will ever mention that they are dating or girlfriends in Harley's comic as well. He could have just said that to please the fans, who knows. But whatever, like I said, that comic is kinda in its own world.

You know, when I think about it, I am not against them dating, in whatever way they want. I think as long as that is not all a character is.

But I hope Bleeding Cool is right about a new Ivy series coming! I am so ready for this. I will be asking about it in July at comic con. So hope we can get some news then.
    I love Conners art, but I don't have alot of respect for Palmiotti. His work is often infantile and just fan-service with cartoon violence and sex-references. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the book sometimes as stupid fun and the first issue of Starfire wasn't that bad, but it's the way he teated Ivy that makes me disrespect him. They dumped her down to Harley's sidekick and personal assistant. And while there are some cute friendship-moments between the two, the constant sexual-undertone really turns me off. I just hate that there can't be just a pure friendship...why the need to sexualize everything, especially with female characters? Are there stories like that for Blue Beetle & Booster Gold? I don't think so.
    But I think I said these things here before, but I need to get it out of my system from time to time

I also hope for some good news at Comic-Con (and an Ivy book by Palmiotti would be bad news and I would rather have no book then) and I am still hopefull we get some. Would be cool to see Power Torch asking about a Poison Ivy book and getting a positive answer

I will keep you guys posted if I learn anything as it happens. If I get to ask about Ivy (sometimes I don't make it to the mic, like last year..) I will for sure post here as soon as I am done asking. Hopefully it will be good news though.

People want this, and they are wanting it more lately. News articles, creators tweeting about it, fans using hashtags. I hope it all works out. I am a hopeful kinda guy, so I am hoping for something in October haha.
    Pulls:

Spectacular Member

I'm too hoping for something in October. I agree that while I love Conner's art, Palmiotti writes a horrible Ivy. It's like he hasn't read anything with her. I think that Ivy's part in Harley Quinn was written for a different character and they just decided to bring Ivy without changing the dialogue or plot. Perhaps originally they thought of Terra and simply reuse dialogue and plot. I don't know who is this character but it's definitely not Ivy.

Quote Originally Posted by retical View Post
    I'm too hoping for something in October. I agree that while I love Conner's art, Palmiotti writes a horrible Ivy. It's like he hasn't read anything with her. I think that Ivy's part in Harley Quinn was written for a different character and they just decided to bring Ivy without changing the dialogue or plot. Perhaps originally they thought of Terra and simply reuse dialogue and plot. I don't know who is this character but it's definitely not Ivy.
    Maybe it's a clone like in the Animated verse!

I posted on twitter that there is nothing with Poison Ivy in the September Solicitations beside a Scooby-Doo Team-Up (LOL), but then Rich Johnston of BleedingCool replied:

wait for Big October
    something is happening with PI, that I know.
    after I asked if it's not just the Suicide Squad thing he said:
    don't think so. We'll see. San Diego announcement maybe?
    Check out the whole thing here:
    https://twitter.com/ti_web/status/610513117584429056

And btw, this is the text for the Scooby-Doo issue (no cover yet):
    SCOOBY-DOO TEAM-UP #12
    Written by SHOLLY FISCH
    Art and cover by DARIO BRIZUELA
    On sale SEPTEMBER 23 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED E
    An urgent cry for help sends Scooby and the gang rushing to Gotham City—but the call was made by Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy! They stole an ancient relic, and now they’re sure it was cursed. Our heroes have to join Harley and Ivy to get to the bottom of the mystery—and, with a little help from Batgirl, they just might capture the villains, too!

Poison Ivy is on the cover for Justice League United #13, but the text don't mention her or Swamp Thing:

JUSTICE LEAGUE UNITED #13
    Written by JEFF PARKER
    Art by PAUL PELLETIER and ROB HUNTER
    Cover by TONY HARRIS
    On sale SEPTEMBER 9 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
    Guest artist Paul Pelletier joins the JLU for a special storyline that sees Stargirl and the team of Steel, Robotman, Batgirl and Vandal Savage enter a war zone that’s at once very familiar and utterly weird. Plus: the long awaited return of a legendary DC Comics hero.
    Maybe they'll switch it and this will be the cover for #12 or so.

And here's the Scooby-Doo cover:

Source

Quote Originally Posted by Green Ghost View Post
    I posted on twitter that there is nothing with Poison Ivy in the September Solicitations beside a Scooby-Doo Team-Up (LOL), but then Rich Johnston of BleedingCool replied
    https://twitter.com/ti_web/status/610513117584429056
    Ya, Rich posted an article on Ivy a little but ago saying something was going on. If I see or hear anything at comic con you guys will be one of the first to know, along with the Poison Ivy League on twitter and facebook. I hope Rich is right. I would be so happy to here that Ivy gets a solo, so I will freak if they say something at SDCC.

I asked Jeff Parker about the cover on twitter, though he may not reply. If he does I will let you know what he said. But I am hoping she is still in that series.

Jim Sub said on twitter in a reply to some Ivy art by Sejic (who also wants an Ivy book) that he would work on a Ivy book with Sejic anyday. So more creators want it, yay!
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 06-16-2015 at 01:20 AM.
    Pulls:

Jim Zub seems to be really interested in Poison Ivy, no? Makes you imagine what his take on her would've been like if he hadn't unceremoniously been dumped from BoP. Funny how the title just bled to its painful death after the departure of fascinating femmes like Ivy and Starling. One of the least flattering moments in New 52 business decisions.

Spectacular Member

Jim Zub seems to be really interested in Poison Ivy, no? Makes you imagine what his take on her would've been like if he hadn't unceremoniously been dumped from BoP. Funny how the title just bled to its painful death after the departure of fascinating femmes like Ivy and Starling. One of the least flattering moments in New 52 business decisions.
    I have to make a Twitter account. Has Jim Zub mentioned Ivy before? All these creators want to write Ivy but nobody pitches a book lol.

I did this for Twitter! If you like it, you can give it a boost maybe

Ya, I was chatting with him on twitter when he took over. He told me he had plans to bring Ivy back and finish what Duane had started, dealing with her biosuit and the dying factor. So I was excited. Marxs (or however her last name is spelled), told me she had no plans for her, and wanted to do her own thing. Which is fine. She is a great writer and the story she did for Ivy in Secret Origins was really good. I would be up for both of them to write a Ivy solo too. I feel like Jim would deal with her stuff that Duane left though haha.

Quote Originally Posted by retical View Post
    I have to make a Twitter account. Has Jim Zub mentioned Ivy before? All these creators want to write Ivy but nobody pitches a book lol.
    He has talked a bit about Ivy to me during his almost run of BoP, and he did tweet that reply to Sejic. But other then that, I don't see him talk about Ivy. But clearly he is a fan. She has a lot of creator fans. We have no idea if someone has pitched a book or not, for all we know they have at some point but it was turned down. Gail wanted to use Starling in Secret Six, but she was turned down. Stuff like that happens and we never hear about it. Who knows, if Rich is right, maybe one of these creators are working on something for Ivy. I hope Rich is right. Ivy needs this. I am really hoping we hear something at San Diego, while I am there haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Ghost View Post
    I did this for Twitter! If you like it, you can give it a boost maybe
    That is one of my favorite pages in BoP. I wish Duane had a chance to finish what he started, he had some amazing plans. Oh well. I am hopeful for the future of Ivy, even more so if Rich is right.
    Pulls:

BANNED

I hope that Ivy gets some version of her classic costume back when her solo launches. The Green Widow getup doesn't suit her, and it's not a matter of wanting more cheesecake either, it's just not distinctive enough to make her stand out from all the other redheads in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    I hope that Ivy gets some version of her classic costume back when her solo launches. The Green Widow getup doesn't suit her, and it's not a matter of wanting more cheesecake either, it's just not distinctive enough to make her stand out from all the other redheads in comics.
    I don't know about that, her costume is new and does not look like anything I have seen a red head wear. I mean a plant biosuit? That's different haha. Plus it gives her character some way to fight, even when there is no plants around. I love Ivy in all her looks.

But this suit is cool, adds something new to her character, and proves that you don't have to be wearing her old costume to be "hot". It also is a more protective costume. I mean that fire barely hurt her in BoP. I think it would have hurt her in her old costume. To me, at least, this is her best costume in a long time.

But like I said, I love all her costumes. I just hope they keep the new one if she gets a solo. But it won't stop me from buying it if they switched back.

Plus we have not really seen a lot of that costume, since she has not been seen a bunch of her since the end of her run in the BoP. I think there is still a story to be told with that suit. If they do switch it, I hope they explain why. After all, last we heard, she needs that suit to live haha.

But this is just my opinion of course. And it's ok if everyone has a different one then my own. Haha.
    Pulls:

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Just wanted to let everyone know, my Ivy gang beat down Bane's gang tonight, big time in Batman Miniature Game!

Ok, continue on.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song