Page 43 of 163 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Probably means he's not in the know or doesn't support the cover change. Too bad. Ivy being prominently featured on covers that have little to none of her in the issues inside isn't entirely new though. Seems like cover artists, like other artists, just love to draw them some lovely Ivy.
    Why would you say she will be little to none on the inside? I think is is going to be featured in issue 11 and 12 a lot. After all she leads the team. But I hope they use that art for something else. I really did love that cover haha.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

nebezial

I love Nebezial's work. I am also pretty sure now that Ivy will have a solo announced soon. Too many fans and creators have shown an interest for DC to ignore. Here's hoping a strong team capable of handling Pam's complexity and loveliness is hired for the job.

I would think if she was going to get one soon we will hear something about it at San Diego Comic Con. So like I said, I will make sure to get any news to you guys. I am planning on going to the Batman panel, so I would think they would announce it there. Not sure if I can fit any other panels into my busy con. But I will try to go to all the dc panels I can. I also plan to ask about Poison Ivy at the Batman panel, if I can. So if we don't get any news, maybe we can get a hint from my question, I don't know. I am hoping for something haha.

I also made a pin/button recently based on Ivy's new 52 costume. I plan to take a picture of it tomorrow and show it off. Not my best work, but if you are an Ivy fan people may understand who it is for haha, I hope.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 07-01-2015 at 04:24 AM.
    Pulls:

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    I would think if she was going to get one soon we will hear something about it at San Diego Comic Con. So like I said, I will make sure to get any news to you guys. I am planning on going to the Batman panel, so I would think they would announce it there. Not sure if I can fit any other panels into my busy con. But I will try to go to all the dc panels I can. I also plan to ask about Poison Ivy at the Batman panel, if I can. So if we don't get any news, maybe we can get a hint from my question, I don't know. I am hoping for something haha.

I also made a pin/button recently based on Ivy's new 52 costume. I plan to take a picture of it tomorrow and show it off. Not my best work, but if you are an Ivy fan people may understand who it is for haha, I hope.
    Haha, the pin/button sounds awesome. I love looking at everything Ivy related so don't hesitate in posting the image.

Yes, do ask about the Poison Ivy solo if you get a chance at SDCC and if it isn't announced by then. The online coverage that #PoisonIvyLeague has received must have definitely been noticed by DC higher ups.

Poison Ivy miniseries announced. Buy it and hope for an ongoing!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2...sive/29756145/

Three other miniseries feature new voices showcasing different aspects of DC lore. With Poison Ivy: Cycle of Life and Death, writer Amy Chu (Sensation Comics: Wonder Woman) takes the Batman villainess in "a really new direction," Harras says, "and it's a fun twist on her character and where she's going to go."

Chu finds Poison Ivy "a fascinatingly complicated character with an incredible fan base," she says. "We know her, but we don't really know her. There's so much opportunity to build her world without the burden of continuity. And let's face it, writing villains is more fun."

Taking a big role in the DCU is also a very personal challenge for Chu. "My grandfather was a doctor in Hong Kong back in the '50s, and apparently he was a huge DC fan," the writer adds. "For years, he would have comics shipped to his office from the U.S. So for me to be writing comics today, and especially DC comics, is some kind of crazy karma."

DC began revamping parts of its lineup in June that brought a lot of changes for signature heroes, from Jim Gordon donning the Batman moniker to a different outfit and outlook for Superman. According to DiDio, the new miniseries gives DC a chance to make similar tweaks to lesser-known characters and also test the waters to see if fans want more of them.

"This is about character but there is a complete story in every one of those miniseries," DiDio says. "It has a beginning, middle and end, and something that affects the course of that character that we would be able to launch and take further if things are successful."
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 07-06-2015 at 06:45 AM.
    Pulls:

Ultimate Member

Cool. I wish that it was an ongoing to, but this is a good start at least.

Yaaay, it finally happened! Just a mini-series but still. And 2016 will be Ivy's 50th Anniversary too (She made her debut in 1966), so the timing couldn't be more perfect!

I loved Amy Chu's Wonder Woman story in Sensation Comics and what she had to say about Ivy as an character, world building potential and her fanbase (us!). Thanks Amy, you are pretty swell too.

If this is a grand success, it will definitely blossom into an ongoing!!

Amy Chu seems to be a total sweetheart going by her Twitter. Her genuine excitement is so infectious and the way she keeps thanking all the Ivy fans congratulating her is adorable. Really happy that DC chose her for Ivy.

Love the Art for Poison Ivy Mini and if the Story is good then I will purchase.

Ultimate Member

I kind of wish that they'd keep the New 52 costume/look though (I'm a fan of it personally).

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I kind of wish that they'd keep the New 52 costume/look though (I'm a fan of it personally).
    Agreed, I am a fan out it too. But a costume change won't stop me from reading this haha. I hope they maybe explain the change though. But they may ignore her new52 stuff for this, who knows haha.
    Pulls:

So excited about the Ivy mini-series! I saw a post about it on Gail Simone's Facebook page earlier and I got all excited!
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Extraordinary Member

This isn't official since it's only an Amazon listing but Harley and Ivy: The Deluxe Edition

Here is a better look at that promo image:

Pulls: