Page 56 of 163 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Will Ivy still have her "Green" powers in Chu's book?
    I don't know. I hope she has. Unfortunately I don't follow the comic news and I don't know if she's gonna.

Spectacular Member

Did you guys saw this?

This is from Clay Mann's web page. I'm not so sure about this. I'll be very disappointed if this turns into a Gotham City Sirens book. Wasn't this advertised as Ivy's book?
    Does this mean that the mini is not in continuity? Because as far as I remember Gotham City Sirens never happened in New 52. I might be wrong because I've been missing a lot of news and books.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

I don't think the three of them being in a pic together necessarily shouts Gotham City Sirens (or even Gotham Girls). They're villains from Gotham, two of which have definitely known each other in this continuity.

I'm not sure that Sirens couldn't still be roughly in continuity, though, not that I've read enough or remember enough to say definitively. In as much as Knightfall is still in, so to say.

But, Ivy, for some reason, is really reminding me of Delirium from Sandman, even though, natch, she's just leaning in for the pic.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    I don't think the three of them being in a pic together necessarily shouts Gotham City Sirens (or even Gotham Girls). They're villains from Gotham, two of which have definitely known each other in this continuity.

I'm not sure that Sirens couldn't still be roughly in continuity, though, not that I've read enough or remember enough to say definitively. In as much as Knightfall is still in, so to say.

But, Ivy, for some reason, is really reminding me of Delirium from Sandman, even though, natch, she's just leaning in for the pic.
    I'm not sure if this is a sidecut in Ivy's hair. Looks like every female character gets a sidecut these days lol

Quote Originally Posted by retical View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a sidecut in Ivy's hair. Looks like every female character gets a sidecut these days lol
    The Natalie Dormer effect.

Why has Mann doodled Harley, Catwoman and Batgirl on Ivy's cellphone screen? Is he asking the letterer to add them as contacts? If so, I hope they remember to add in Starling, Katana and Black Canary too.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Why has Mann doodled Harley, Catwoman and Batgirl on Ivy's cellphone screen? Is he asking the letterer to add them as contacts? If so, I hope they remember to add in Starling, Katana and Black Canary too.
    Yeah, that would be cool. I hope Birds of Prey get referenced in this book.

Quote Originally Posted by retical View Post
    Yeah, that would be cool. I hope Birds of Prey get referenced in this book.
    Yup, especially as she had a direct connection with them in the New 52 main universe as opposed to the Sirens, which is just in the Harley book as revealed so far.

Tara Strong playing both Harley and Ivy I was not expecting, even if it's kinda funny that it happened .

I don't think Piera Coppola is that busy these days so it would've been cool if they brought her back considering she played a teenage Ivy on The Batman .

Tara Strong rules the television animation industry with such an iron fist! She has become one of the most prolific voice actors to ever live.

I remember Piera Coppola posting on some The Batman fan forums that I used to lurk a decade back in my teens. Thought it was incredibly sporting of her as she was the only person related to the show to post on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Tara Strong rules the television animation industry with such an iron fist! She has become one of the most prolific voice actors to ever live.

I remember Piera Coppola posting on some The Batman fan forums that I used to lurk a decade back in my teens. Thought it was incredibly sporting of her as she was the only person related to the show to post on the forums.
    Definitely. I was even surprised she wasn't Batgirl in this considering she had reprised Babs for a lot of stuff (games, Super Best Friends Forever, Beware the Batman, TTG!). It's just so odd to see Harley and Ivy voiced by the same person. Then again, Josh Keaton is playing Hal and Barry too .

That was really cool of Piera Coppola. I hope nobody ever gave her too much trouble over how different The Batman version of Ivy was (a teenager, best friends with Batgirl, etc.), because otherwise I thought it was a decent and interesting take and she did a fairly good job with it .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Definitely. I was even surprised she wasn't Batgirl in this considering she had reprised Babs for a lot of stuff (games, Super Best Friends Forever, Beware the Batman, TTG!). It's just so odd to see Harley and Ivy voiced by the same person. Then again, Josh Keaton is playing Hal and Barry too .

That was really cool of Piera Coppola. I hope nobody ever gave her too much trouble over how different The Batman version of Ivy was (a teenager, best friends with Batgirl, etc.), because otherwise I thought it was a decent and interesting take and she did a fairly good job with it .
    The actress voicing Babs in DC Superhero Girls is pretty good too. And if you are going to get a single actor for both Hal and Barry, it might as well be Josh Keaton.

The forum posters were pretty classy back then. There was the occasional whining about Ivy looking like a "leprechaun" (which really, she was introduced in season 3 of the show. I can't believe people who had stuck on that long were still complaining about the aesthetics). But in regards to Coppola's voice work, they were pretty cool. I too found Teen Pam being Babs's friend to be an interesting dynamic as well. And I loved the design! There was just something so elegant and delicate about the whole look. It was exactly (or a little more than) ten years back though. I remember as it was right after Batman Begins had released. Gosh, how time flies.

Cover for issue three:

Also a preview page featuring Harley

via CBR