Page 63 of 163 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Let it grow, let it grow, stop cutting down rainforests bro....

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How is it a bad idea? it's not like Bruce is going to run out of villains.
    Because that's not who Poison Ivy is. Poison Ivy is someone who loves nature, and this obsession has driven her to misanthropy.

Turning her into a superhero would drastically change her character to the point where she's unrecognizable.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    At the most she will be an anti-heroine. DC Superhero Girls is an exception where they are trying to portray her as an Elsa-type because she is the DC lady who best fits that character (introvert, beautiful, elegant, incredibly powerful, often misunderstood and has a sisterly dynamic with a goofier and lighter female character).
    I don't see Ivy as either introverted OR misunderstood. She's a misanthrope, so she has no interest in socializing with her species, and she's rather clear in her goals.
    Last edited by TsukiSentinel; 02-14-2016 at 01:13 PM.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    "Great gardenias! The amethyst looks like its about to fall like an autumn leaf!"

Great all-ages Ivy dialogue.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiSentinel View Post
    Because that's not who Poison Ivy is. Poison Ivy is someone who loves nature, and this obsession has driven her to misanthropy.

Turning her into a superhero would drastically change her character to the point where she's unrecognizable.

I don't see Ivy as either introverted OR misunderstood. She's a misanthrope, so she has no interest in socializing with her species, and she's rather clear in her goals.
    The "loves nature" part is pretty much the one thing that is consistent when it comes to Ivy. Remember she started out as a misndrist murderess who had something of a crush on Batman. She wouldn't be that unrecognizable as a hero who defended nature.

Also, this is about the version that appears on a cartoon for kids. I doubt it will have much impact on the comics.

The preview for Poison Ivy: Cycle of Life and Death #2 coming out tomorrow (or today for East Coasters)

Looking good! And here's the solicits for #5:

POISON IVY: CYCLE OF LIFE AND DEATH #5
    Written by AMY CHU
    Art by CLAY MANN and SETH MANN
    Cover by CLAY MANN
    On sale MAY 18 • 32 pg, FC, 5 of 6, $2.99 US • RATED T
    Trouble is brewing as Poison Ivy’s sporelings discover their powers and spread their wings, causing mayhem across Gotham City! Plus, a murderer-mastermind is revealed in this penultimate chapter of Life and Death!
    Source

The sporelings turned out fine. Good job, Ivy.

Really cool to see the transactions of her experiment play out on the covers. That is what's going on, right? Almost like a flip book

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Last edited by Old Man Ollie 1962; 02-27-2016 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    I love this…Ivy always made me think of the vamp redheads featured in Klimt's work.

example:
    sea_serpents_ii.jpg

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The "loves nature" part is pretty much the one thing that is consistent when it comes to Ivy. Remember she started out as a misndrist murderess who had something of a crush on Batman. She wouldn't be that unrecognizable as a hero who defended nature.

Also, this is about the version that appears on a cartoon for kids. I doubt it will have much impact on the comics.
    YOU'RE talking about the cartoon. I'm talking in general.

Also, I don't care if she's recognizable or not as a hero, or anti-hero. I'm saying she shouldn't be either.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiSentinel View Post
    YOU'RE talking about the cartoon. I'm talking in general.

Also, I don't care if she's recognizable or not as a hero, or anti-hero. I'm saying she shouldn't be either.
    She's not an anti hero in the comics right now either. One cartoon (which btw also has Harley and Cheetah as heroes) has presented her as such to little children. That's it.

Yamato USA's Poison Ivy sculpt, the latest in their DC Fantasy Figures line inspired by the art of Luis Royo:

Gotta love the product description that wouldn't seem out of place coming from Uma Thurman in Batman and Robin.

Look out world, Mother Nature has just got herself some muscle… oh, and some sexy curves! I heard it through the grapevine that you might be interested in little ol’ me… so tell me, care to have a late night stroll through the gardens? If so, then let me entice you for a late night rendezvous, with me, Poison Ivy As an addition to Yamato USA Toys, DC “Fantasy Figure” collection, I can already feel your interest in me blossoming. So how about it, Darling? How about adding me to your collection for some cross pollination and cultivating….I really am to die for…
    Pre-order the goddess of green here.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Let it grow, let it grow, stop cutting down rainforests bro....
    Haha, that's clever.