Page 75 of 163 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2439

Ivy's looking good .

Though are we in for another redesign/new costume? I can't tell if that's a bodysuit or a swimsuit .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ivy's looking good .

Though are we in for another redesign/new costume? I can't tell if that's a bodysuit or a swimsuit .
    At first I thought it was a swimsuit with her arms and legs exposed, but then I realized they were a different color than her face and cleavage and decided they were gloves and boots, but she's not wearing thigh high boots...gaaah! Yeah, stick with the design from Trinity.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Yeah, stick with the design from Trinity.
    I couldn't agree more.

Ivy's looking good .

I think it's a body suit with regular heels.

I like the look on the cover because Tula Lotay makes it work, but I can see it being a mess when more conventional artists try to interpret it. Anyway, too soon to make a call. Need to see the actual interiors first.

Francis Manapul showed some unused Trinity cover layouts on his Instagram.

BANNED

Whenever they try to tweak Ivy's look they always seem to end up back at some variation of her original costume, and I'm okay with that. It's classic, it's iconic, and it suits her. The nature of her character allows them to experiment with different looks for specific stories, but they should keep that basic costume as the default look.

"chestnut" red hair? Man, there are a lot of varieties of certain hair colors .

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Tula Lotay's All-Star Batman #7 cover

This is a better look than the other cover on the previous page.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    This is a better look than the other cover on the previous page.
    Just goes to show how subjective these things are.

Also, how telling is it that none of the people posting in the Poison Ivy Appreciation thread even bother to acknowledge the fact that she's still appearing in Harley Quinn.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Just goes to show how subjective these things are.

Also, how telling is it that none of the people posting in the Poison Ivy Appreciation thread even bother to acknowledge the fact that she's still appearing in Harley Quinn.
    Well, probably because most of her appearance in that book (from what I recall) are just hijinks with Harley and cute romantic stuff, which while fine on their own (and part of the Harley and Ivy dynamic) doesn't give much of substance to talk about in a Poison Ivy thread .

Well, probably because most of her appearance in that book (from what I recall) are just hijinks with Harley and cute romantic stuff, which while fine on their own (and part of the Harley and Ivy dynamic) doesn't give much of substance to talk about in a Poison Ivy thread .
    Apparently some DC folks were heard saying that If people want more Ivy, they should then just purchase Harley Quinn.

Pamela really needs a break from HQ, at least in the comics. I don't understand why Didio and co. are reluctant in letting her blossom as a solo character, especially considering the strong sales of her mini TPB.

Hey, guys.

What are some of the most epic and iconic Poison Ivy stories? I feel like those are rare. She's usually a small player in big stories, but I'm having a difficult time finding stuff focused on her as a villain. For instance, what's her most famous arc/ appearence?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Apparently some DC folks were heard saying that If people want more Ivy, they should then just purchase Harley Quinn.
    I only purchase the HQ issues Ivy is in.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Hey, guys.

What are some of the most epic and iconic Poison Ivy stories? I feel like those are rare. She's usually a small player in big stories, but I'm having a difficult time finding stuff focused on her as a villain. For instance, what's her most famous arc/ appearence?
    Poison Ivy: The Cycle of Life and Death TPB (ISBN-10: 1401264514). This contains the recent six part miniseries.

Batman Arkham: Poison Ivy TPB (ISBN-10: 140126445X). This is a recent collection of some of Ivy's best appearances.

Batman: Hush (ISBN-10: 1401223176). Ivy's look is terrific, but she is detained too easily in my opinion.

Gotham City Sirens Book One (ISBN-10: 1401251757) and Two (ISBN-10: 1401254128). Excellent artwork.

Birds of Prey: New 52 Volume One (ISBN-10: 1401236995) and Two (ISBN-10: 1401238130). I'm not thrilled with the New 52 look backstory for Ivy, but this is the best of the bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Hey, guys.

The Cycle of Life and Death TPB as buck said and No Man's Land: Fruit of the Earth are musts. The latter is collected in Batman: No Man's Land Volume 3

There are also a number of excellent one-shots/annuals like Ann Nocenti's Cast Shadows, John Francis Moore's Batman: Poison Ivy, Gail Simone's Batgirl Annual #2 and Alan Grant's Batman: Shadow of the Bat Annual #3