Page 82 of 163 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2439

Trinity #5 came out today. Ivy looked lovely (the art on a whole was pretty as heck as is usual for Manapul) and the story is turning out to be great, especially the twist on the "For the Man Who Has Everything" story with Mongul and the Mercy flowers in this issue. After the reveals in this issue, interested in seeing how Ivy reacts once she realizes Mongul's scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Gorgeous art! Great time to be an Ivy fan with this, Trinity, the Lego movie, Gotham City Sirens movie and also on the merchandising…lot's of Ivy goodies. On a bittersweet note, we had our first glimpse at the Poison Ivy action figure for the Batman Animated line and although it is great to have her many of us fans are not pleased with her look. Ou main concern is the coloring and the shape of the hair…but I also would have liked her curvier and a tad taller.
    On the left is the actual figure and on the right is a quick photoshop from an artist with some minor tweaks that could do her more justice:
    Attachment 43789

What do you guys think about the figure?

If you are not happy let it be heard…write an e-mail to Kevin Kiniry at DCCOLLECTIBLES@dcentertainment.com explaining why they should tweak her to please the fans :-)
    (Hoping this isn't a double post.)

I saw this being promoted and assumed it was some cutesy Japanese import version of the BTAS Poison Ivy. I thought there's nooo way this was an official release for the new wave of animated figures. The proportions are wrong -- the face and hair in particular -- and the coloring is off too. That golden era/Hollywood hair swoop is one of this characters trademarks. It's all but gone. Also, everything is too "yellow" -- Ivy wore blue greens.

If you're telling me this is what they were hiding (NO PICTURES allowed) at a recent toy fair as a future big reveal -- I am sorely disappointed. Every other figure in the set is on model EXCEPT for this one. They'd better fix this -- because people have been waiting for a proper version for years.

BTAS Ivy had a lot more visual flair than her peers on the show (one of the reasons that look caught on so well). So I was bewildered when I came across Bruce Timm complaining about how that design wasn't how he had pictured her at all and how the studio that had created her design made her a "hulking Amazon". He leaped at the chance to redesign her for TNBA and sure enough, he removed all the flair (and curves) and ended up with a far more simplistic design (which apparently is easier for toymakers to emulate). After the utterly off-target model that was the original BTAS Poison Ivy action figure, I gave up hope that any toy could reproduce that lovely look accurately.

Tyler Kirkham Poison Ivy Variant Cover for SuperSons #1

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Tyler Kirkham Poison Ivy Variant Cover for SuperSons #1

OOF, that's one way of hammering the "coming of age" theme of the book home!

So is Ivy the antagonist in Super Sons' first arc/story too or is this just a fun fanservicey variant?

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Fanservice. We have one with Catwoman, then "Principal" J (crowbar included) and finally a variant with all three together.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

More All-Star Batman #7 previews by Scott Snyder

Cannot wait for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly Garden View Post
    (Hoping this isn't a double post.)

I saw this being promoted and assumed it was some cutesy Japanese import version of the BTAS Poison Ivy. I thought there's nooo way this was an official release for the new wave of animated figures. The proportions are wrong -- the face and hair in particular -- and the coloring is off too. That golden era/Hollywood hair swoop is one of this characters trademarks. It's all but gone. Also, everything is too "yellow" -- Ivy wore blue greens.

If you're telling me this is what they were hiding (NO PICTURES allowed) at a recent toy fair as a future big reveal -- I am sorely disappointed. Every other figure in the set is on model EXCEPT for this one. They'd better fix this -- because people have been waiting for a proper version for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    BTAS Ivy had a lot more visual flair than her peers on the show (one of the reasons that look caught on so well). So I was bewildered when I came across Bruce Timm complaining about how that design wasn't how he had pictured her at all and how the studio that had created her design made her a "hulking Amazon". He leaped at the chance to redesign her for TNBA and sure enough, he removed all the flair (and curves) and ended up with a far more simplistic design (which apparently is easier for toymakers to emulate). After the utterly off-target model that was the original BTAS Poison Ivy action figure, I gave up hope that any toy could reproduce that lovely look accurately.
    Exactly! Her design was so unique and I'm sure helped making her characters into the A-List villains she is now today. I had the old Kenner figure because I loved the character but always dreamed of a proper version of her. Immediately when this line was announced all I thought was about Ivy being made justice. And now this...

Many fans are frustrated with their lazy rendition...please help by writing Kevin a polite e-mail asking for some changes...all in all if AT LEAST they get the colors and the fair sculpt right it will improve the figure a lot!
    I count on you guys :-)

More All-Star Batman #7 previews by Scott Snyder

Cannot wait for this.
    Heh, "Dr. Isley." I like that...

It can be done. I bought the "Femme Fatales" PVC statuette and the mini-bust and they are done well. (Though my mini-bust had slightly crooked eyes!) So I'm not sure why this rendition seems to be difficult to pull off for official releases. I've seen custom fan-figures that are on point.

As for Timm -- I don't think he credits the folks who actually did the leg work for both the BTAS and TNBA designs. He basically tossed the projects into Shane Glines and Lynn Naylor's laps and just said yay or nay until "they" got it right. I remember Timm's remarks about the overseas animation house getting her wrong (initially.) Oddly enough I thought she looked her BEST in Pretty Poison and Eternal Youth. After that, they switched to a different studio and Poison Ivy went all mushy in the face. She looks terrible in Harley & Ivy.

prettypoison.jpg

harleyandivy.jpg

It can be done. I bought the "Femme Fatales" PVC statuette and the mini-bust and they are done well. (Though my mini-bust had slightly crooked eyes!) So I'm not sure why this rendition seems to be difficult to pull off for official releases. I've seen custom fan-figures that are on point.

As for Timm -- I don't think he credits the folks who actually did the leg work for both the BTAS and TNBA designs. He basically tossed the projects into Shane Glines and Lynn Naylor's laps and just said yay or nay until "they" got it right. I remember Timm's remarks about the overseas animation house getting her wrong (initially.) Oddly enough I thought she looked her BEST in Pretty Poison and Eternal Youth. After that, they switched to a different studio and Poison Ivy went all mushy in the face. She looks terrible in Harley & Ivy.

prettypoison.jpg

harleyandivy.jpg
    Yes, I rewatched Harley & Ivy two weekends backs. Her facial features refuse to stay put. The voice acting and writing did all the heavylifting there. When you compare it to an episode like Eternal Youth (the warm and vibrant colors of the scenes set in Ivy's resort just pop on screen, definitely one of the best looking episodes of the show, if not THE best), the steep drop in animation quality is downright jarring. The animators of EY and Pretty Poison were dedicated to emphasising Ivy's ethereal beauty in a way their successors weren't.

A couple of ASB #7 variant covers, the first by Tula Lotay and the second by Francesco Francavilla:

IMG_5631.jpg

Here's a rough sketch of Poison Ivy for "Justice League Action!" compliments of Shane Glines via Facebook.

IMG_5631.jpg

Here's a rough sketch of Poison Ivy for "Justice League Action!" compliments of Shane Glines via Facebook.
    Pleasantly surprised at how much it resembles her DCAU design (or at least, her TNBA design) .

IMG_5631.jpg

Nice. It has more personality than the TNBA design, even if it is inspired by it. Her dress also reminds me of her The Batman incarnation.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Pleasantly surprised at how much it resembles her DCAU design (or at least, her TNBA design) .
    Even her Brave and the Bold design seemed inspired by TNBA (also an improvement, IMO). Young Justice too bared resemblance, though that's my least favorite of the animated Ivy avatars.