Page 93 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2439

Quote Originally Posted by rosenrose View Post
    Accusing people of making "inane" questions and statements and perpetrating the myth that angry feminists are gonna "take away our characters" as well as pushing "their narrative" because we are vocal about our favorite character is rude. I would appreciate if you'd express your criticism directly and not by complaining about us on a forum, effectively silencing the other side of the argument. First of all there is no "our narrative". #PoisonIvyLeague consists of people with vastly different opinions who agree on one thing: More Poison Ivy. Of course I will buy and review the books I like and enjoy.
    It's weird that the Poison Ivy fandom annoys you so much that you had to complain about us. Really? We are entitled? My DMs and mentions are filled with death and rape messages from Harley Quinn and Batman fans who tell me to shut up or they will rape me and dismember my body, who tell me every single day to drink poison or commit suicide with bleach.
    Furthermore you are in no position to judge what kind of relationship we have with certain writers or artists. What we talk about in private and what we get in response.

The only narrative being pushed here is YOUR narrative. The narrative of people who freak out when a different opinion appears. At the end of the day we are only doing what DC officially told us to do. It's right there, in their official blog. The creators you mention have appraised our actions publicly multiple times both in social media and at cons.

Last thing: I only represent myself here and vaguely the ideas that my friends agree with. If you have a problem with what we do: ignore us or have the minimum amount of decency required to contact us and give us a chance to explain ourselves instead of whining about people and actions you DON'T know in an internet forum.
    Hilarious. All you've done is further prove my point that there's a movement of loons who trade in spiraling logic and are experts at complaining and self-victimization. You're incensed that I called out childish behavior that is being displayed on social media (a public arena) in another public arena - these community boards. I didn't realize I needed permission from the overlords to discuss things openly.

Know this...one thing you are not going to do is come for my credentials. I've run a Poison Ivy themed site for at east 21 years and have collected comic books for over 40 years. I know this character like the back of my hand. If ANYBODY feels a gain or loss in regards to Ivy's legacy it's me. So don't ever address me as if I have no idea what I'm talking about. The whole point of my very BRIEF comment - a comment that left you strangely triggered - was that more harm is being done than good with these blitzkrieg style social media calculations. I enjoy reading over the opinions or reactions to news - but inevitably the more mature exchanges get steamrolled over by so much mean girl style tag teaming. It's as if a select few felt a bit of shine with "POISON IVY: CYCLE OF LIFE AND DEATH" and now mistake themselves for stars. You accuse others of not "trying" to understand your point of view - yet your post seems to exist as nothing more than a sass-mouthed style personal attack. (Then you have the gall to toss in accusations of anti-feminism. Puh-leese.) If you cant engage without careening into melodrama maybe you need to self evaluate. This place is usually light-hearted and informative but now...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    She did spend an entire movie running around the jungle in heels, so she's certainly qualified to play Ivy in that respect.
    I like Bryce, and she's a good actress. But there's never really been a role that I've seen her in where she really gives off the "sensual/seductive" vibe. Which is why I'm not sure if Ivy is the right role for her.

My personal picks would be Evan Rachel Wood or Jessica Chastain.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    It's a shame. Hope the movie does her more justice then. We still never had a really good on screen live version of Ivy.
    You will be happy to know that Ivy's storyline in Gotham is finally, finally going somewhere. She teamed up with Cobblepot in the last episode, setting up a wacky and fun alliance. Interview with the actors who play proto-Penguin and Poison Ivy on the unexpected alliance between their characters

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly Garden View Post
    Hilarious. All you've done is further prove my point that there's a movement of loons who trade in spiraling logic and are experts at complaining and self-victimization. You're incensed that I called out childish behavior that is being displayed on social media (a public arena) in another public arena - these community boards. I didn't realize I needed permission from the overlords to discuss things openly.

Know this...one thing you are not going to do is come for my credentials. I've run a Poison Ivy themed site for at east 21 years and have collected comic books for over 40 years. I know this character like the back of my hand. If ANYBODY feels a gain or loss in regards to Ivy's legacy it's me. So don't ever address me as if I have no idea what I'm talking about. The whole point of my very BRIEF comment - a comment that left you strangely triggered - was that more harm is being done than good with these blitzkrieg style social media calculations. I enjoy reading over the opinions or reactions to news - but inevitably the more mature exchanges get steamrolled over by so much mean girl style tag teaming. It's as if a select few felt a bit of shine with "POISON IVY: CYCLE OF LIFE AND DEATH" and now mistake themselves for stars. You accuse others of not "trying" to understand your point of view - yet your post seems to exist as nothing more than a sass-mouthed style personal attack. (Then you have the gall to toss in accusations of anti-feminism. Puh-leese.) If you cant engage without careening into melodrama maybe you need to self evaluate. This place is usually light-hearted and informative but now...
    You got everything wrong. Every single thing wrong. "a select few felt a bit of shine with "POISON IVY: CYCLE OF LIFE AND DEATH" and now mistake themselves for stars" really? And I don't care about your credentials. This is not a competition. YOU are the one who made assuptions about people you don't know. YOU are the one bitching about us and hey YOU started this. I'm trying to change some things and as it looks things are starting to change. But this is my mistake. In the words of Greg Capullo CBR forums: Complain, bitch and rant. So keep calling us loons buddy. As for knowing the character like the back of your hand, well I'm sure you do
    Have a nice day everyone.

All-New Member

Last post here (I doubt I'll ever post here again). I want to keep things vague but good things are coming up for Ivy from the Bensons and BoP. Remember to vote with your wallet. That's all.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    You will be happy to know that Ivy's storyline in Gotham is finally, finally going somewhere. She teamed up with Cobblepot in the last episode, setting up a wacky and fun alliance. Interview with the actors who play proto-Penguin and Poison Ivy on the unexpected alliance between their characters
    Too little, too late for me. I gave Gotham one more chance when they cast Maggie Geha. She was great in the first episode, but they didn't utilize her again. I can't stand the other characters, especially Riddler and Penguin.

Ivy was prominently featured in tonight's Gotham episode, looks like they are expanding her presence. Her personality was still rather juvenile, however. I assume that is because she is still supposed to be rather young at heart. She is ruthless, not afraid to kill. It will be interesting to see how they develop her character.

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyes View Post
    Ivy was prominently featured in tonight's Gotham episode, looks like they are expanding her presence. Her personality was still rather juvenile, however. I assume that is because she is still supposed to be rather young at heart. She is ruthless, not afraid to kill. It will be interesting to see how they develop her character.
    I'm still not sure how we're supposed to view her character. A beautiful young adult learning to use her feminine wiles and a budding villainess? Or a kid stuck in a young adult body with all that entails?

It's really weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm still not sure how we're supposed to view her character. A beautiful young adult learning to use her feminine wiles and a budding villainess? Or a kid stuck in a young adult body with all that entails?

It's really weird.
    Yeah, I don't think they thought this through, which is not unusual for this show but in Ivy's case it seems the most blatant.

But I'm enjoying her current dynamics with Penguin and glad that Maggie Geha is finally getting something to do.

Grace Randolph showed some Injustice 2 Poison Ivy gameplay on her YouTube channel. There's some stuff we haven't seen before, like the awesome character select interactions between the characters (Catwoman scratches Ivy's gorgeous mug, which ouch), a new flamboyant and fitting entrance for Ivy and the little plant dinosaur can actually projectile vomit at Ivy's opponents She's SO gonna be my main!

Mighty Member

It's really weird.
    I think they're downplaying that part once everyone freaked out over how creepy that is. Even in the first half of the season, she wasn't that sexualized. She was also supposed to have a subplot with Bruce that I guess was dropped, as is a lot of stuff in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Grace Randolph showed some Injustice 2 Poison Ivy gameplay on her YouTube channel. There's some stuff we haven't seen before, like the awesome character select interactions between the characters (Catwoman scratches Ivy's gorgeous mug, which ouch), a new flamboyant and fitting entrance for Ivy and the little plant dinosaur can actually projectile vomit at Ivy's opponents She's SO gonna be my main!

I love those interactions! Flash and Deadshot is still my favorite, though.

The Sirens as Sailor Moon villains

SailorSirens.jpg

The Sirens as Sailor Moon villains

SailorSirens.jpg
    It surprisingly works .

It surprisingly works .
    Right? I was pleased myself with the result.... :-)

Right? I was pleased myself with the result.... :-)
    I am not familiar with Sailor Moon characters but that looks great