Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default When did Namor become the best member of the Illuminati?

Was it during Bendis's run or Hickman's?

Personally, I think it was either the moment he stood up for Hulk, and even moreso the moment he played BP and Thanos against each other.
    Last edited by gregyo; 05-06-2014 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Why did I say Thor?

When he stood up for the Hulk and tried to drown Tony.
    On ye olde CBR

I've always loved Namor especially in this book, but I gotta give it to my boy Black Panther.

I cannot answer this honestly because I haven't read Bendis' Illuminati yet (not sure I ever will), and because I am biased: Namor has ALWAYS been the best.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

BANNED

Namor has always been the best of the Illuminati!

Biased aside though.......Namor may not be the smartest member but he is definitely the wisest and most honest of the group. Mr. "Tell it like it is" if you will but the for the sake of the thread I think this moment can show why he is the best of the group:

The King of the Deep knows how to treat a woman for sure!

This one also could be a point of consideration

omg that portion with Namor schooling Reed on devotion to Sue?

Chills. Love it. Love everything about it. Thinking about being it for Halloween.

Tough question but Bendis gets the edge just due to that takedown of Stark.

Namor will be the best in the group when it's just him and black bolt left and that's just because black bolt can't say anything

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NamorsTrident View Post
    Namor has always been the best of the Illuminati!
    Yes! Yes! OMG! Yes!

Without Namor, the Illuminati would be the most boring thing.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Namor will be the best in the group when it's just him and black bolt left and that's just because black bolt can't say anything

I thought Namor was the best member during Bendis tenure. In a lot of ways he oddly came off as the voice of reasons. And him standing up for the Hulk was great.

But honestly under Hickman he hasn't done a whole lot, aside from throwing in the occasional snarky line to break up the smart guy exposition.

Under Hickmans Illuminati, I'm not really sure anyone has stood out to any real degree. Though I am actually predicting Banner will, even though he's only been around for like 2 seconds.

Astonishing Member

Namor seems to be the member who cares the least about reprisal. I would say that he acts like a powerful man, who knows the he is not the smartest in the room. He is going to assert his ego and emotion to retain some kind of dominance in this group.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gregyo View Post
    Was it during Bendis's run or Hickman's?

Personally, I think it was either the moment he stood up for Thor, and even moreso the moment he played BP and Thanos against each other.
    Namor became the best member of the Illuminati in the first appearance of the group and continued being the best member practically every appearance afterwards. He knew it was a bad idea, but there was no way he wasn't going to be sitting at that big boy table, trying to head off disaster. He's the most politically experienced and aware of the bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Yes! Yes! OMG! Yes!

Without Namor, the Illuminati would be the most boring thing.
    This is 100% true.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I thought Namor was the best member during Bendis tenure. In a lot of ways he oddly came off as the voice of reasons. And him standing up for the Hulk was great.
    He WAS the voice of reason as well as the moral center, under Bendis' pen. And the rest of the Illuminati realized it. "Namor is right" was the catchphrase of the series. Even Hickman portrays Namor as the one who sees the bigger picture and the one who is the bigger man for trying to end the Atlantis Wakanda conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    But honestly under Hickman he hasn't done a whole lot, aside from throwing in the occasional snarky line to break up the smart guy exposition.

Under Hickmans Illuminati, I'm not really sure anyone has stood out to any real degree. Though I am actually predicting Banner will, even though he's only been around for like 2 seconds.
    Hickman certainly is trying to make Black Panther stand out, but Namor is the real entertainment factor in his Illuminati.
    Last edited by Rheged; 05-06-2014 at 09:08 AM.

namor has always been the best part of the illuminati. bless you bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Namor became the best member of the Illuminati in the first appearance of the group and continued being the best member practically every appearance afterwards. He knew it was a bad idea, but there was no way he wasn't going to be sitting at that big boy table, trying to head off disaster. He's the most politically experienced and aware of the bunch.
    I take it I need to read Bendis' run then?

*sigh*
    More reads.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."