Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I take it I need to read Bendis' run then?

*sigh*
    More reads.
    There were definitely some fun Namor parts in Bendis' Illuminati mini-series and Road to Civil War story. Though, people forget, myself included, that it was actually co-written by Brian Reed, so there's far less Bendisism in it. Also, the mini-series features Jim Cheung art, so at least it looks pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Namor seems to be the member who cares the least about reprisal. I would say that he acts like a powerful man, who knows the he is not the smartest in the room. He is going to assert his ego and emotion to retain some kind of dominance in this group.
    That's the nice thing about Namor. He really doesn't have to worry too much about getting other heroes mad at him because most don't particularly like him anyways. The few that are his friends aside from Steve, just happen to be in the Illuminati right now anyways so he's mostly good.

The one relationship that might be strained is Steve. And I guess that's more of an issue now that they're both Invaders, assuming Steve will continue to regularly be in that book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Namor seems to be the member who cares the least about reprisal. I would say that he acts like a powerful man, who knows the he is not the smartest in the room. He is going to assert his ego and emotion to retain some kind of dominance in this group.
    He doesn't act like a powerful man, he IS a powerful man. One who knows worth doesn't reside in being an egghead. Namor's dominated or worked with everyone at the table. He's a prince who has ruled plenty of smart people.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    He doesn't act like a powerful man, he IS a powerful man. One who knows worth doesn't reside in being an egghead. Namor's dominated or worked with everyone at the table. He's a prince who has ruled plenty of smart people.
    Exactly this. As mentioned earlier in the thread, it's that perspective that allows him to see the full scope of what they're up against.

BANNED

Agreed. A lot of people seem to forget that he was/is ruler of 3/4th's of the Entire planet, along with being among some of the physically strongest "beings" on earth. The guy has lived and led longer than anyone on the Illuminati can even begin to hope for, that alone makes him powerhouse simply for his experience and extensive knowledge.

Being super smart is great and all but it takes wisdom and experience to use it to it's up most. Namor has that in spades.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

One thing though, that takedown of Iron Man; wasn't that ordered by Osborn? That was a mission he was given as part of the Cabal IIRC. I didn't particularly care for that idea, that he would need Osborn to tell him what to do. Eventually he did blow him off though.

Strangely enough, Doom sort of kept to the spirit of the Cabal. He double crossed Dracula when he came to Doom to get make sure that the Cabal wouldn't stop him when tried to get into Great Britain.

I love my Namor People in this thread. <3
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    One thing though, that takedown of Iron Man; wasn't that ordered by Osborn? That was a mission he was given as part of the Cabal IIRC. I didn't particularly care for that idea, that he would need Osborn to tell him what to do. Eventually he did blow him off though.

Strangely enough, Doom sort of kept to the spirit of the Cabal. He double crossed Dracula when he came to Doom to get make sure that the Cabal wouldn't stop him when tried to get into Great Britain.
    The takedown of Iron Man being referred to here was during the Illuminati mini series. Not from Fraction's run of Iron Man during Dark Reign.

If you're referring to the attempted drowning of Tony, that was long before the Cabal was formed.
    On ye olde CBR

BANNED

Osborn didn't order Namor anymore than he ordered Doom. He told Namor their mutual enemy was in Namor's territory and could he take care of him. Namor wanted Iron Man dead after he invaded Atlantis, and forced Namor to destroy it to avoid a war that would destroy the planet.

BANNED

Namor was just infiltrating the Cabal for the X-men. <3

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Osborn didn't order Namor anymore than he ordered Doom. He told Namor their mutual enemy was in Namor's territory and could he take care of him. Namor wanted Iron Man dead after he invaded Atlantis, and forced Namor to destroy it to avoid a war that would destroy the planet.
    That part I do remember. What Osborn wanted and Namor wanted was mutually beneficial. But he would have sicced the Void on him if it wasn't.

BANNED

Namor is also the only person who had the idea to give Black Bolt a pen and paper.

BANNED

Yeah....Osborn was pretty much given just enough leash from pretty much all the Cabal members. None of them seemed incredibly worried about him, the least of which being Doom and Namor.

Last edited by Trident; 05-06-2014 at 11:29 AM.

BANNED

Well the Scary Thing about Osborn is the fact he has Sentry on a Leash.