Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Say what you will about Bendis, the man gets Namor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Well the Scary Thing about Osborn is the fact he has Sentry on a Leash.
    Which Namor wasn't really afraid of....

Osborn was joke, most of the Cabal knew it. For the most part they were all there because it benefited them and because some idiot gave him the "keys" to the the kingdom. They seem to be more in line with him to make sure his crazy didn't drip into their world more than actually wanting to help his overall goals.
    Last edited by Trident; 05-06-2014 at 11:37 AM.

BANNED

Normal Sentry is not the scary version. The Void one is. Put Doom right back in his seat.

But yeah no one was taking Osborn seriously. Really it was all basically caused by Loki playing a great long con and Stark being a shortsighted fool.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

My question is what's he doing in the Illuminati period. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he is: Namor's a hoot. But he's also A: The least useful guy there in terms of the things they're trying to accomplish. It's a bunch of super-geniuses, the ruler of a race of super-beings with ties to the greater galactic community, the effective head of mutant kind and a world-class telepath, the actual greatest sorcerer of their plane of existence...and a really strong dude who rules an isolated nation of mermen. Not saying that guy isn't valuable, but maybe not on that particular team. B: The guy, if I recall, who caused all the problems in the group in the first place by saying people couldn't know about it, turning it from an information-sharing collective to a borderline world-ruling collection of elites, and C. A dick who no one in their right mind would have possibly invited in the first place. He is, in the words of Chris Sims, the dude who'll "roll up into New York, punch the Thing through a wall, try to f**k somebody’s wife, and then act like you’re the dick when you call him on it." Why would they possibly invite that dude to deal with subtle behind-the-scenes machinations?

Normal Sentry is not the scary version. The Void one is. Put Doom right back in his seat.

But yeah no one was taking Osborn seriously. Really it was all basically caused by Loki playing a great long con and Stark being a shortsighted fool.
    emma and cyclops took care of the void.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    emma and cyclops took care of the void.
    Cyclops can contain part of the void when Frost cannot. One is supposedly an Omega Level TP and the other is not. Heck if it was Magneto or Storm I might buy it at least they are repeatedly noted for having Unbreakable Wills.

BANNED

Repression is one of Cyclops's superpowers. It's a walk in the park for him.

Honestly I wonder if that wasn't thrown in there just to give Cyclops somewhat of an "out" as he was moving into a somewhat more questionable direction. If he ended up going "too far" they could just chalk it up to the void, and sweep it under the rug. Course, it was never brought up again (to my knowledge) so I suppose it's moot.

BANNED

maybe.... it's in part what the Phoenix was for so who knows.

Cyclops can contain part of the void when Frost cannot. One is supposedly an Omega Level TP and the other is not. Heck if it was Magneto or Storm I might buy it at least they are repeatedly noted for having Unbreakable Wills.
    cyclops has a black bug room which jean grey helped him to build. this goes back to the classic morrison days of characterization.

Cyclops' powers of repression are beyond any unbreakable will.
    On ye olde CBR

BANNED

Lest we drift too far from the topic, I just want to give Hickman some credit: One of the reasons Namor is clearly the best member of the group is that he (along with Maximus, but he doesn't count) is the only one who isn't stuck in a perpetual state of angst. He knows that they're doing is wrong, but he knows they have to do it, and doesn't waste time whining about how sad it is.

i'm going to go ahead and say that i think namor is wasted in new avengers. he has been kidnapped by jonathan hickman who does nothing with him but have him troll around with the rest of the illuminati. none of them actually do anything in this book except wring their hands and worry worry worry like a bunch of bothered old hens.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    i'm going to go ahead and say that i think namor is wasted in new avengers. he has been kidnapped by jonathan hickman who does nothing with him but have him troll around with the rest of the illuminati. none of them actually do anything in this book except wring their hands and worry worry worry like a bunch of bothered old hens.
    He's also in All-New Invaders

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NamorsTrident View Post
    Which Namor wasn't really afraid of....
    He should be after what happened to Ares

Quote Originally Posted by NamorsTrident View Post
    Osborn was joke, most of the Cabal knew it. For the most part they were all there because it benefited them and because some idiot gave him the "keys" to the the kingdom. They seem to be more in line with him to make sure his crazy didn't drip into their world more than actually wanting to help his overall goals.
    That was true until the Void stepped through the doorway though. He was Osborn's nasty big stick with nails in it. He only got killed because Bob wanted to die