Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default I miss the Superior Spider-man.

Yea that's right.

I miss the guy! I used to want Peter back but after these last few issues... I loved the way Ock actually used his intelligence and cunning as well as his powers. Peter seems to come of as a goof and lazy when it comes to utilizing his intellect.

They should have made ock leave some remnants on peter or something so he would still be doing the good and effective things the doc did but still be Peter Parker,

Your thoughts guys? anyone agree with me missing Superior?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    Yea that's right.

I miss the guy! I used to want Peter back but after these last few issues... I loved the way Ock actually used his intelligence and cunning as well as his powers. Peter seems to come of as a goof and lazy when it comes to utilizing his intellect.

They should have made ock leave some remnants on peter or something so he would still be doing the good and effective things the doc did but still be Peter Parker,

Actually, I believe that the current events in ASM was supposed to be an extension of Superior Spider-Man. Otherwise, Black Cat's vengeance would have been justified as she would know that he's not the Spider-Man she knew. What I wanted to see was for Dr, Ock's body to be revealed(with Peter's soul trapped inside) and have Dr. Strange restore their minds and soul back to how they were. A lot better that that letdown ending in Superior Spider-Man #31...

I wanted to Felicia to rightfully turn her attention on Otto, not Peter. And the stupid notion of having her not know the man behind the mask is getting annoying. If her memories were restored, the Black Cat would have been a much better character than what Slott made her out to be: A villain whose mind is corrupted by the effects of her Bad Luck Powers, which was originally a criminal creation by the Kingpin's scientists. The nano tech that Anna Marie is working on might lead towards not only the return of Dr. Ock, but for the end of Felicia's bad luck powers as well. It was Otto who made Felicia into who she is today. Thus, it is him who will finish the job he started by removing her powers which were powered by nano technology .

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I loved SSM, and am thoroughly enjoyed the last of the 2 final issues. I'm hoping he has a big part of SV, but he'll probably be shot back into SSM time at the end of the next issue.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

BANNED

you can always read Batman.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

I'm glad Peter is back, but I understand what you are saying. It feels like the transition back from Ock to peter should have been more fulfilling. Since Peter has been back Marvel has thrown him directly into Original Sin, and now they are doing the Spiderverse story. I hope that after that passes we get a breather. It feels like Peter has not had a chance to relax.

BANNED

You're in luck, Otto is in Spider-Verse.

Cool as he was, he'd have screwed things up too much eventually. Even trying to do the right thing. There's too much ego for Otto not to fail, be it as a hero or a villain.

Yea that's right.

I missing things about Superior like the gadgets and the spider-bots and the costume which i wish Peter had kept, for me it seems that when Peter is Spider-Man he has to always wear the exact same suit with some variations but its more or less the same suit, can we not get a new costume for Spidey and have Peter wear it and don't even talk to me about the special 1/2 issues suits either not what i mean
    Truth is the best policy

All-New Member CoolJay2Infinity's Avatar

you know his comic book is still coming out everything....next week issue 33 is out

BANNED

I think that it's only this way because Slott wanted Ock to be awesome for the purpose of Superior Spider-Man, and Peter only looked good there at the end because that's how the story was supposed to end. Now that it's done, Slott thinks he's free to have Peter be a dumbass again. It really just comes down to Slott writing Peter in a way that Slott finds more "comfortable" for the story he's telling.

BANNED

They should have made ock leave some remnants on peter or something so he would still be doing the good and effective things the doc did but still be Peter Parker.

If such a thing happened then he wouldn't be the real Peter and technically he isn't the real Peter anyway.

He's the Peter personality that was in Doc Ock's body (technically he's a mind clone superimposing Peter's real mind) because the real Peter wouldn't have the memories of being in Doc Ock's body unless it was an actual mindswap which I've been told never happened to begin with.

And if a mindswap did happened then the current Peter still is a mind clone due to the fact that Peter's consciousness was shown to have died in Doc Ock's body.
    Last edited by Thinker4730; 09-11-2014 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinker4730 View Post
    If such a thing happened then he wouldn't be the real Peter and technically he isn't the real Peter anyway.

He's the Peter personality that was in Doc Ock's body (technically he's a mind clone superimposing Peter's real mind) because the real Peter wouldn't have the memories of being in Doc Ock's body unless it was an actual mindswap which I've been told never happened to begin with.

And if a mindswap did happened then the current Peter still is a mind clone due to the fact that Peter's consciousness was shown to have died in Doc ock's body.
    You have an entire thread to keep you fed, keep it there.

Personally I'm hoping that Slott picks up his game from here on out because his showing in this first arc was pretty lackluster especially compared to his pre-Superior writing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You have an entire thread to keep you fed, keep it there.
    I was responding to this comment...

and then I added my personal opinion about the current Peter not being the real Peter as a result of the Superior Spider-Man story.

So, as far as I'm concerned such a thing is fair game since this is a Superior Spider-Man thread.

Personally I'm hoping that Slott picks up his game from here on out because his showing in this first arc was pretty lackluster especially compared to his pre-Superior writing.
    His pre-Superior writing lead us to have a current Peter that isn't the real Peter.
    Last edited by Thinker4730; 09-11-2014 at 09:01 PM.

BANNED

From the latest solicits, i have the impression that we haven't saw the last of SSM!

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    From the latest solicits, i have the impression that we haven't saw the last of SSM!
    Well we know he's gonna be a part of Spider-Verse, but beyond that, who knows. Just based on how he was sent to 2099, Marvel could easily pull that he was basically unstuck in time/space creating a divergent Spock like the Miguel in Exiles if they ever wanted to bring him back in the future.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Well we know he's gonna be a part of Spider-Verse, but beyond that, who knows. Just based on how he was sent to 2099, Marvel could easily pull that he was basically unstuck in time/space creating a divergent Spock like the Miguel in Exiles if they ever wanted to bring him back in the future.

You mean like a simliar manner to how the Peter personality that was in Doc Ock's body diverged from the real Peter making him to not be the real Peter, and as a result the current Peter we have is also not the real Peter because he is clearly the Peter personality that was in Doc Ock's body and not the real Peter who wouldn't have such memories of being in Doc Ock's body.

As I stated before it doesn't take much to cause a divergence to happen and your comment actually proves that fact.