Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

WHEN does this comic take place?? Not fitting into continuity is an issue when it's one of the main books leading into a company wide crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    It is poor writing wheb it is ignored by people that have esxtensicve worked with those same healers and who are complain that there is no fix availble, The fix would be obovieous to everyone in that room immediately re even the most dim-witted. This story is set in a universe where healers are a normal thing for Super-heroes and Mutants to deal with, not doing so just makes the characters fools
    I disagree. If every problem faced by the characters in this book were resolved by the Swiss Army Knife of mutants from the X-Men books, it'd be boring as hell, and that would actually be worse writing than ignoring a minor character with story wrecking abilities from another book that's not even a part of this story.

Seriously, there's a mutant for every problem and so many readers are like "why don't they just have so and so mutant fix that for them?" The answer is because it's boring. Let the characters face some problems.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    I disagree. If every problem faced by the characters in this book were resolved by the Swiss Army Knife of mutants from the X-Men books, it'd be boring as hell, and that would actually be worse writing than ignoring a minor character with story wrecking abilities from another book that's not even a part of this story.

Seriously, there's a mutant for every problem and so many readers are like "why don't they just have so and so mutant fix that for them?" The answer is because it's boring. Let the characters face some problems.
    So that its why everyone ignored Rachel in AvX, huh ?, interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Yes, the same exact reason Wi riter too lazy to pay any attention to continuity, and In AvX they did not even have the excuse of writing a good story

Ha yeah that's probably part of it. I think in her case, it probably has something to do with how convoluted her backstory is. I mean, I read her first appearance and then her intro to actual continuity sand her time as the Phoenix, and I'm not entirely sure what her deal is. I can only imagine how it would be to explain her to a reader totally unfamiliar with her.

Hmm. I'm pretty sure Alex is already healed. Scars are the results of healed flesh. There's no need to get Elixir over here as he isn't experienced enough with his powers to biologically manipulate scar tissues into normal again. There is no continuity error here.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by broski View Post
    Hmm. I'm pretty sure Alex is already healed. Scars are the results of healed flesh. There's no need to get Elixir over here as he isn't experienced enough with his powers to biologically manipulate scar tissues into normal again. There is no continuity error here.
    Elixr is not ther only Hearer and one at lesast can bring people back form the dead, scars would be easy

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

So...

They lost to a giant turtle? Didn't the S-Men already beat them at the start of this series?

I don't think Thor and Iron Fist are ever going to forget the beating Rachel gave them in AvX...

Interesting preview.

Not quite sure what's going on with Rogue's mouth on the bottom panel of page 2 - she looks like Apocalypse. Perhaps that's why Xavier's portrait appears to be gazing at her with quiet disdain.

I've found myself unable to read Remender's work because I just don't like his dialogue. I can't exactly express why ... I find it curiously declamatory and lifeless. But clearly, given that I'm not able to articulate my subjective reaction, I'm in a poor position to be criticizing his writing :-)

He always seems to provide some talking points, though, that's for sure.

You can frankly make a good arguement the X-books were ignoring Rachel long before AvX. The Hope/Phoenix connection had been around long before that event, and Rachel has been a non-factor every step of the way. Bottom line is that Rachel didn't matter because she didn't matter. Not trying to diss her or anything, but she simply had no actual relavence to what was going on and at least as far as Hope goes she never did. Though I do think she actually had some nice showings in AvX.

Either way, getting back to the more immediate issue with this issue I don't think there's an overly convenient plot device which can seperate ionic beings from Rogue, so I think Remender is okay for the time being in what he's doing.

Elixr is not ther only Hearer and one at lesast can bring people back form the dead, scars would be easy
    So then why hasn't death been eradicated on the Marvel Earth? Why is this miraculous person kept hidden by the X-Men? I mean, if I wanted to win over public opinion I'd think that if I had a kid who could bring back everyone's lost loved ones, that might go a long way toward my cause.

Looking for The Massive afrocarter's Avatar

Is....is that a giant turtle..?

So then why hasn't death been eradicated on the Marvel Earth? Why is this miraculous person kept hidden by the X-Men? I mean, if I wanted to win over public opinion I'd think that if I had a kid who could bring back everyone's lost loved ones, that might go a long way toward my cause.
    He is hiden beacue the thugs at SHIELD And the idiot Avengers keep trying to arrest him and his team. After that team rescued him form the hands of a openly bigoted Cop , A cop that explained that being a unregistered mutant was a crime

Quote Originally Posted by afrocarter View Post
    Is....is that a giant turtle..?
    Haha yeah. The S-Men are pretty wonky. There's also a Goat Faced Girl.

He is hiden beacue the thugs at SHIELD And the idiot Avengers keep trying to arrest him and his team. After that team rescued him form the hands of a openly bigoted Cop , A cop that explained that being a unregistered mutant was a crime
    Yeah, see, to me that sounds like weaker writing than not having Havok be healed by this refugee. Which, if he's on the run with Scott's crew, then they wouldn't have access to the kid anyway, right?

I honestly am not sure, I gave up on most x-books a long time ago.

Not to get all meta on this, but really the reason mutant PR has always been a problem and always will be is simply because the X-writers want it to be that way. It's why the Unity team, along with every thing else, will fail in this regard (though they'll probably end up saving the world enough times to not make their existance a total bust).

Really the kid could start going around raising the dead, and the X writers would probably make THAT something the public freaks out over. It's a no win situation, and it's always been designed to be because that's what the X writers want. That's the unfortunate problem with the X books... in order to tell the stories they want, they literally throw everyone else under the bus. The government, public, other heroes, etc... mutants always gotta play the victim for their stories to work.