Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Wanda looks pretty drunk on the cover of All-New X-Factor. Maybe she just got back from there.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Not to get all meta on this, but really the reason mutant PR has always been a problem and always will be is simply because the X-writers want it to be that way. It's why the Unity team, along with every thing else, will fail in this regard (though they'll probably end up saving the world enough times to not make their existance a total bust).

Really the kid could start going around raising the dead, and the X writers would probably make THAT something the public freaks out over. It's a no win situation, and it's always been designed to be because that's what the X writers want. That's the unfortunate problem with the X books... in order to tell the stories they want, they literally throw everyone else under the bus. The government, public, other heroes, etc... mutants always gotta play the victim for their stories to work.
    Oh I agree 100%. And I think that sometimes we have to look at these things from a meta perspective. Sometimes we have to let the real world reason as being more important than the in-story reason.

That's why Havok's scarring makes more sense to me than having him go to one of the healers. Especially since even more reasons have been given as to why that doesn't make a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by broski View Post
    Hmm. I'm pretty sure Alex is already healed. Scars are the results of healed flesh. There's no need to get Elixir over here as he isn't experienced enough with his powers to biologically manipulate scar tissues into normal again. There is no continuity error here.
    Elixir had all of Beast's medical knowledge dumped in his head. He can create braintumors and take them away and rematerialise a human heart in seconds. Alex's scars would be nothing. But then so would literally every other injury under the sun. Glad he was taken off the board, really.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Elixir had all of Beast's medical knowledge dumped in his head. He can create braintumors and take them away and rematerialise a human heart in seconds. Alex's scars would be nothing. But then so would literally every other injury under the sun. Glad he was taken off the board, really.
    Exactly. I realize that superhero characters have crazy abilities, but then there's something like that which would be world altering in so many ways. I'm glad they don't just run to him every time someone is hurt.

Extraordinary Member

"Why don't they go to a healer?" is a bit like "Why doesn't Batman call his buddy Zatanna to fix everything with magic?" or "Why doesn't Captain America ask the other Avengers for help in The Winter Soldier?" Shared universes are fun, because they allow for guest stars and team-ups. But ultimately the story belongs to the regular characters in the book or the film, and we just have to accept that the rest of the Marvel universe effectively doesn't exist in this book unless the writer chooses to bring it in.

I don't care about bringing someone to fix Rogue. I want Remender to stop using Rogue as the whipping girl for this team. I want her to have agency and fix herself. Remender keeps talking about Wanda being the center of the iniverse of this team while she in the ONLY mutant NOT to suffer. Wolvie, Rogue, Alex and Sunfire are altered and crippled in some way, but Wanda is the one suffering???? Give me a break. Where is Wanda's disfigurement, body altering, crippling? But yeah, she is still whining and self righteous. I guess that is how you make Wanda redeemed just draw her pretty.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Where is Wanda's disfigurement, body altering, crippling? But yeah, she is still whining and self righteous.
    I think Remender has made it clear that Wanda's disfigurement is on the inside - she's a repulsive person. It might have been unintentional, but that'd be my takeaway.

I don't care about bringing someone to fix Rogue. I want Remender to stop using Rogue as the whipping girl for this team. I want her to have agency and fix herself. Remender keeps talking about Wanda being the center of the iniverse of this team while she in the ONLY mutant NOT to suffer. Wolvie, Rogue, Alex and Sunfire are altered and crippled in some way, but Wanda is the one suffering???? Give me a break. Where is Wanda's disfigurement, body altering, crippling? But yeah, she is still whining and self righteous. I guess that is how you make Wanda redeemed just draw her pretty.
    I think he's setting Rogue up for her to overcome her current predicament. As pointed out earlier in the thread, it may be her subconscious that is holding Wonder Man's power inside her. My guess is she'll be involved in the resolution of this. We'll have to wait and see, though.

As for Wanda, I think it's clear she's suffering because the man she loves has been taken from her. I don't think that has to diminish anyone else's suffering. They've all been through an ordeal and have the emotional or physical scars to prove it. Wasp and Havok had their daughter taken from them. Rogue and Sunfire had their abilities altered.

All of them went through some stuff. But I don't think it's a competition.

BANNED

Lol, I never thought of it this way. You're exactly right.

But I guess we're just polishing our halos.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    As for Wanda, I think it's clear she's suffering because the man she loves has been taken from her. I don't think that has to diminish anyone else's suffering.
    The problem is, I think that nobody takes Scarlet Witch/Wonder Man seriously except Remender. I mean it's even harder to take seriously than Havok/Wasp, because Wanda and Simon have repeatedly tried it and found it didn't work.

I don't think Wanda is a repulsive person in this book, not unless you came to it already considering her a lunatic mass murderer. (Given that many X-fans do consider her as such, though, it was either a mistake or an intentional provocation on Remender's part to give her that "I'm tired of you X-Men" speech in the first issue.) And I don't think Rogue has been torn down to build Wanda up, especially since Rogue got to help save the day against the Executioner and Wanda did nothing. It is true though that Wanda - probably because she's being saved for non-mutant Avengers stuff - has come out of this storyline with very few changes, physically or in her life. So I can understand how, if you don't like the character, it seems like she came out of this a bit too intact.

4029054-generation+m+01+07.jpg
    Marvel completely step-siding the issue of Wanda, her punishment and how people react to her actions has nothing to do with whether readers like or dislike her.
    . Forgiveness and redemption could have been possible but Uncanny Avengers has failed at addressing it and her attitude in the comic isn't helping.
    4093575-anxfact2014014_int2-page-004.jpg~original.jpg
    Last edited by ROSA13; 09-12-2014 at 10:32 AM.

BANNED

Sorry, but in my mind the whole Alex is scarred for life b.s. is Remender at his worst. There are plenty of gifted healers in the Marvel Universe who could undo this.

And don't even get me started on Rogue losing control of her powers again! This was something she had already dealt with and overcome! Why oh why must we revisit this stupid and pointless plot?!?!? Just to giver her some drama???

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    He is hiden beacue the thugs at SHIELD And the idiot Avengers keep trying to arrest him and his team. After that team rescued him form the hands of a openly bigoted Cop , A cop that explained that being a unregistered mutant was a crime
    Lol. You just answered your own question on why Havok isn't healed.

Good job!

I'm just really looking forward to Rogue, Magneto and Wanda team up/ meet up. Doesn't this issue take place after Magneto #9

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    The problem is, I think that nobody takes Scarlet Witch/Wonder Man seriously except Remender. I mean it's even harder to take seriously than Havok/Wasp, because Wanda and Simon have repeatedly tried it and found it didn't work.

I don't think Wanda is a repulsive person in this book, not unless you came to it already considering her a lunatic mass murderer. (Given that many X-fans do consider her as such, though, it was either a mistake or an intentional provocation on Remender's part to give her that "I'm tired of you X-Men" speech in the first issue.) And I don't think Rogue has been torn down to build Wanda up, especially since Rogue got to help save the day against the Executioner and Wanda did nothing. It is true though that Wanda - probably because she's being saved for non-mutant Avengers stuff - has come out of this storyline with very few changes, physically or in her life. So I can understand how, if you don't like the character, it seems like she came out of this a bit too intact.
    I suppose. I get what you're saying and all, but I don't know if that's a fair way to view things.

I personally don't mind the Wonder Man/Scarlet Witch thing. I mean, whether I'm a fan of a particular couple or not, I still understand why one member of a couple would suffer due to the loss of the other.

I think way too many readers have this X vs A competitive mentality going on, and it just strikes me as strange. Almost the entire team is suffering in some way. We see that in a few ways in this preview...Wolverine's concern and resolve, Rogue's oath to the memory of Charles to persevere, and apparently Wanda's trying to ease her pain by drinking a bit.

It just seems petty to try and declare who's suffering the most and declare the story successful based on that. And strange.