Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

It is not fair. It's not fair that Rogue was removed from the X-Men's lady team where she was awesome, so she could be a murderer in UA. It is not fair that Rogue's look has been uglied up. It is not fair that the creators cannot remember her eye color or the fact she is taller than Wanda. It is not fair that her history and purpose is being erased. It is not fair that Rogue has no agency. It is not fair Rogue is exclusive to a writer and artist who hate her. It is not fair she is written out of character. It is not fair that a great hero like Rogue has become unrecognisable and losing fans because Marvel does not own her movie rights.
    Last edited by jen; 09-12-2014 at 12:01 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Wanda has a beer drinking problem?
    Well they've done just about everything else to Wanda, making her an alcoholic seems to be all that is left.

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    I don't care about bringing someone to fix Rogue. I want Remender to stop using Rogue as the whipping girl for this team. I want her to have agency and fix herself. Remender keeps talking about Wanda being the center of the iniverse of this team while she in the ONLY mutant NOT to suffer. Wolvie, Rogue, Alex and Sunfire are altered and crippled in some way, but Wanda is the one suffering???? Give me a break. Where is Wanda's disfigurement, body altering, crippling? But yeah, she is still whining and self righteous. I guess that is how you make Wanda redeemed just draw her pretty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Lol, I never thought of it this way. You're exactly right.

But I guess we're just polishing our halos.
    *passing the halo polish*

It is not fair. It's not fair that Rogue was removed from the X-Men's lady team where she was awesome, so she could be a murderer in UA. It is not fair that Rogue's look has been uglied up. It is not fair that the creators cannot remember her eye color or the fact she is taller than Wanda. It is not fair that her history and purpose is being erased. It is not fair that Rogue has no agency. It is not fair Rogue is exclusive to a writer and artist who hate her. It is not fair she is written out of character. It is not fair that a great hero like Rogue has become unrecognisable and losing fans because Marvel does not own her movie rights.
    That's almost all subjective, though. I personally enjoy her in this book, and I don't mind how they portray her. I will admit that I haven't noticed things like her height or eye-color, but I really don't think those things are that important.

As for losing fans because they don't have the movie rights...how do you come to that conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Well they've done just about everything else to Wanda, making her an alcoholic seems to be all that is left.
    Mark, someone having a few beers to cope with a loss does not make someone an alcoholic. Stop.

rogue used to be beautiful and confident.

now she's drawn as sort of fat, and dumpy. her clothes don't fit her, and everyone draws her hair like she hasn't seen a brush in months. nothing really subjective about that.

Copiel on that one off he did for UA did the best drawing of Rogue. Even then, that issue still had her kill Grim Reaper.

Regarding her eyes and height, to me those are important traits that do need to be done correctly. It's part of the character itself.

Welcome to the club. but that's nothing compared to Disassembled and House of M

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    yep

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I think Remender has made it clear that Wanda's disfigurement is on the inside - she's a repulsive person. It might have been unintentional, but that'd be my takeaway.
    Read the Preview of PAD next X-factor, Her sister agrees with you.

But maybe Wanda doesn't know how much she harmed her sister and the inferring she caused? Either that or she simply doesn't care. It is getting to the point where even i wish someone would make the tiniest effort to redeem Wanda

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Lol. You just answered your own question on why Havok isn't healed.

Good job!
    Beast could get that kid to Havok in minutes or the reverse

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post

Mark, someone having a few beers to cope with a loss does not make someone an alcoholic. Stop.
    emender has been trashing Wanda since the first issue, a I think Mark was saying that continuing that into alcoholism seems like something RR would do to the Character.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    emender has been trashing Wanda since the first issue, a I think Mark was saying that continuing that into alcoholism seems like something RR would do to the Character.
    Well, i guess maybe that's why the team's name is being changed to Astonishing Avengers.

That's almost all subjective, though. I personally enjoy her in this book, and I don't mind how they portray her. I will admit that I haven't noticed things like her height or eye-color, but I really don't think those things are that important.

As for losing fans because they don't have the movie rights...how do you come to that conclusion?

Well, Wolverine thinks that she is drinking to much, and when he says that, its because you are really drinking too much.

And have ever heard of persecution complex of the x-men fans ?.
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 09-12-2014 at 01:28 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    Beast could get that kid to Havok in minutes or the reverse
    Beast brought the O5 to present day time. You're kidding me if you are suggesting he would do anything praise worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Beast brought the O5 to present day time. You're kidding me if you are suggesting he would do anything praise worthy.
    Or he simply could have asked his nephew Cable.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    rogue used to be beautiful and confident.

now she's drawn as sort of fat, and dumpy. her clothes don't fit her, and everyone draws her hair like she hasn't seen a brush in months. nothing really subjective about that.
    I wonder if that has anything to do with Grant Morrison's complaint, back in 2001, that Rogue should not be drawn as a sexpot when she spent so much of her life unable to touch anyone? (He wanted to use Rogue and make her look more like the X-Men: Evolution version, I recall, but he couldn't get her.) I think he was missing the point, but I wonder if some artists have a similar idea about her.

There also seems to be a move away from drawing Marvel women as sexpots and in the Cassaday issues of this book, both women were strongly de-sexualized compared to their previous costumes and looks. But other artists have tweaked Wanda's Cassaday costume so they can draw it sexier, while Rogue hasn't had the same treatment yet.

Extraordinary Member

I think way too many readers have this X vs A competitive mentality going on, and it just strikes me as strange.
    Well, the book has tried pretty hard to foster that competitive mentality, probably because it spun out of Avengers vs. X-Men. The very first issue had Rogue accusing Wanda of neglecting the cause of mutants and hiding among humans (basically, being a mutant Uncle Tom) and Wanda responding that she's tired of the X-Men and their self-righteousness and they don't really understand Xavier's dream (a speech that angry X-fans constantly cite to show she's an unrepentant monster). Conflict = drama and that includes conflict among fans, so Remender was trying to present the philosophical differences of the Avengers and X-Men, something AvX hadn't really done, in a very provocative way that encouraged fans to take sides.