Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    According to the Google, around 4,000 pages (give or take). I just reread a bunch of the Wheel of Time series, that doesn't sound too bad (assuming it's as interesting as his comics tend to be).
    I admire your willpower - from recollection, a significant part of the Wheel of Time series consists of descriptions of the protagonists' clothes. That's a series which started fairly well-paced as well... I tend to think the second book was the pick of the ones I read, but I stopped reading around Book 10 or 11.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Based on my reading of Voice in the Fire, I suspect that Jerusalem is going to be more interesting than good, a bunch of post-modern stylistic games with a few brilliant parts. The first two chapters of VitF were extremely tedious experiments in form, but after that, it became a pretty good book. The final chapter, where Moore takes readers on a walking tour of Northhampton, is excellent, and among the best things he's ever written. It almost makes up for the caveman chapter that leads off the book.
    Man, I'm the exact opposite. I loved the caveman chapter, it was funny and sad and sweet. It was the rest of the book I found dull.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    I admire your willpower - from recollection, a significant part of the Wheel of Time series consists of descriptions of the protagonists' clothes. That's a series which started fairly well-paced as well... I tend to think the second book was the pick of the ones I read, but I stopped reading around Book 10 or 11.
    I remember bits about Rand getting teased for dressing like a nobleman by Matt, and then Matt being dressed in pink by his lover, but beyond that not too much clothing talk. The only parts that annoyed me were Rand going insane, and how insanity is often portrayed in fiction. Still, plenty of good in my opinion to offset insanity and fashion talk.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    I remember bits about Rand getting teased for dressing like a nobleman by Matt, and then Matt being dressed in pink by his lover, but beyond that not too much clothing talk. The only parts that annoyed me were Rand going insane, and how insanity is often portrayed in fiction. Still, plenty of good in my opinion to offset insanity and fashion talk.
    I may be exaggerating :-) It's been a while. That does remind me of the Tylin/Mat stuff, which was pretty gruesome, though.

I enjoyed the series. I might try picking it up again and see what Sanderson made of the ending.

BANNED

I thought he did OK, considering the circumstances. Liked his Mistborn series as well, despite disliking the two main characters.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    has he already accused Morrison of stealing this work?
    Morrison usually waits for the work to come out before stealing from it.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Morrison usually waits for the work to come out before stealing from it.
    BB