Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Tales of Suspense #101 is out and it's yet again really, really good.
    Good to know! Hopefully I'll get my copy by Saturday

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Solo Avengers #1 Dec 1987
    "Here Comes Hawkeye" Part 1 of 5.
    Hawkeye performs a benefit archery show at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum,

but his mentor from long ago plans to ruin the event!

Script by Tom DeFalco. Pencils by Mark Bright. Inks by Joe Rubinstein.
    That is great thanks for posting. I always love seeing Hawkeye's marksmanship skills on display.

And, yes, Tales of Suspense 101 is terrific.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Work has kept me so busy, I'm only two issues into the Avenging Archer book, but I like what I've read so far. I've got a long weekend coming up, so I should be able to finish it.

Make sure to share your opinion afterwards
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Sure but you know I considered them to be Friends and not coworkers that don't quite get along. It's a minor complaint though, really.
    I mean, looking back at when Bucky was Cap and Clint was Ronin and they were both on the New Avengers, they didn't always get along that well either. So this isn't any kind of new characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by Freud View Post
    I mean, looking back at when Bucky was Cap and Clint was Ronin and they were both on the New Avengers, they didn't always get along that well either. So this isn't any kind of new characterization.
    Sure but nobody really got along with Clint back then hahaha.
    But still: I recall them sparring and joking, I recall Clint being on Bucky's birthday party, I think Bucky was also on that last page of New Avengers were they all were out of Customes and just hanging out in private and stuff like that.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

I think Clint and Bucky have a more solid relationship than ToS is probably leading a lot of people to perceive. They've worked together for a REALLY long time. Sometimes that leads to people getting on each other's nerves. ESPECIALLY when you have two totally different personality types like these two do. Also, when there's a woman involved.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I think Clint and Bucky have a more solid relationship than ToS is probably leading a lot of people to perceive. They've worked together for a REALLY long time. Sometimes that leads to people getting on each other's nerves. ESPECIALLY when you have two totally different personality types like these two do. Also, when there's a woman involved.
    It hasn't been a really long time, though. I'm not sure if there's an official conversion of comic time to real time, so I know I tend to go with 5 years = 1 year. If that's the case, Bucky has only been back for 2 or 3 years, and much of that time Clint thought he was dead. I know there's anomalies (like there was obviously a time jump in Secret Empire from when Stevil was revealed and when all the action takes place) but I don't think they've really worked together that long in the grand scheme of things.

I do agree with the rest, though, with the conflicting personality types and them both caring about the same woman. Also, if I was Clint I'd be pretty miffed that Bucky keeps "dying" and letting me believe he's dead if we're supposed to be friends lol.

I just finished "New Avengers: The Reunion", and it was great. I really enjoyed the relationship between Clint and Bobbi, all of the implications throughout the series, and Clint's refusal to give up on them. The book gave Bobbi deserved attention, I thought her struggles made sense for what she had gone through (killing a Clint-Skrull?!), and I loved how smart and deadly she was. Clint was funny, clever, and dangerous, he was written very well. The art might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I think it worked really well, the facial expressions and body language were great, and I was chuckling regularly at Clint's antics. I'm glad it ended with Bobbi choosing to give them a second chance and taking it slow was the right decision.

As far as the current discussion about Clint and Bucky, "The Reunion" had a neat moment between them in the first issue, where Clint went to Bucky for help finding Bobbi. They argue for a bit about what Clint should or shouldn't do, and Bucky lays down some hard truths. Clint responds by saying that "sounds like something Steve might have said", that it's the "Highest [compliment] there is.", it was a nice moment that established one of the points of mutual respect and contention between the two: Cap and his legacy. Tales of Suspense is now looking at another point in Natasha.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I just finished "New Avengers: The Reunion", and it was great. I really enjoyed the relationship between Clint and Bobbi, all of the implications throughout the series, and Clint's refusal to give up on them. The book gave Bobbi deserved attention, I thought her struggles made sense for what she had gone through (killing a Clint-Skrull?!), and I loved how smart and deadly she was. Clint was funny, clever, and dangerous, he was written very well. The art might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I think it worked really well, the facial expressions and body language were great, and I was chuckling regularly at Clint's antics. I'm glad it ended with Bobbi choosing to give them a second chance and taking it slow was the right decision.
    All of that continues through the next couple of minis in that collection. If you enjoyed The Reunion, you'll enjoy the rest!

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post

As far as the current discussion about Clint and Bucky, "The Reunion" had a neat moment between them in the first issue, where Clint went to Bucky for help finding Bobbi. They argue for a bit about what Clint should or shouldn't do, and Bucky lays down some hard truths. Clint responds by saying that "sounds like something Steve might have said", that it's the "Highest [compliment] there is.", it was a nice moment that established one of the points of mutual respect and contention between the two: Cap and his legacy. Tales of Suspense is now looking at another point in Natasha.
    Yeah, also just read that and I basically agree on everything. I wish we got to see Bobbi and Clint together again tbh. So much better than Clint and Natasha. Though I'm pretty sure they'll end up together again eventually.
    Last edited by Freud; 02-03-2018 at 03:47 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Freud View Post
    Yeah, also just read that and I basically agree on everything. I wish we got to see Bobbi and Clint together again tbh. So much better than Clint and Natasha. Though I'm pretty sure they'll end up together again eventually.
    Long as every writer ignores that very problematic retcon from Bobbi's recent series. Sure have a go at those 2 again.

It's more a "when" question than an "if" question. They'll be back at it again at some point.

But to be honest out of Clint's three Spy-superheroine-exgirlfriends (no one can say he doesn't have a type) I care the least for Bobbi as a character and as a love interest for Clint even though her last solo was so, so, so good (except the retcon) and so were the Reunion/Widowmaker etc. storys.
    With Nat, after her inevitable resurrection, I hope they do get to have a romantic relationship that will last for a bit and give us more than a few panels like in Secret Empire.
    Why?
    Just so when their then past relationship is brought up it's not just a callback to something that happened decades ago or a few hints here and there but rather something that reocurred as a real thing.

After that they'll probably return to just being friends anyway. Clint's relationships never go on for long.

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    Long as every writer ignores that very problematic retcon from Bobbi's recent series. Sure have a go at those 2 again.
    So far every writer has ignored it. And it's easy enough to say that she was lying to make the Phantom Rider go away.

It looks like she and Spidey are breaking up, so that gives her and Clint an opening to get back together.

Even if Clint wanted a relationship with Natasha, I don't see her choosing him over Bucky, considering how strong her feelings are/were for Bucky, and the truth is that it doesn't make sense for Clint to ask for that. The reasons that he and Bobbi broke up—they couldn't agree on whether it's ever okay to kill, she was in a dark place and pushing him away—all apply to an even greater extent to Natasha. For all her talk, Bobbi's only ever killed one person that we know of (so she and Clint are even!). Natasha does it every other Thursday, and if Clint asked her to stop, she wouldn't get angry like Bobbi did; she'd just laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    So far every writer has ignored it. And it's easy enough to say that she was lying to make the Phantom Rider go away.

It looks like she and Spidey are breaking up, so that gives her and Clint an opening to get back together.

Even if Clint wanted a relationship with Natasha, I don't see her choosing him over Bucky, considering how strong her feelings are/were for Bucky, and the truth is that it doesn't make sense for Clint to ask for that. The reasons that he and Bobbi broke up—they couldn't agree on whether it's ever okay to kill, she was in a dark place and pushing him away—all apply to an even greater extent to Natasha. For all her talk, Bobbi's only ever killed one person that we know of (so she and Clint are even!). Natasha does it every other Thursday, and if Clint asked her to stop, she wouldn't get angry like Bobbi did; she'd just laugh.
    Do Skrulls Count? Cause of so: They both killed a whole lot more people.

My Twitter