Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast

I just read the last issue of Old Man Hawkeye

spoilers:
    And damn... It's so so sad and yet so good at the same time. That death scene for Natasha... (I'm still not over it, it was so well written and sad...)

And yep Erik, you should have killed him... But you didn't...

I find it cool that they acknowledged Wanda and Pietro as Magnus child again....
    end of spoilers
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    I just read the last issue of Old Man Hawkeye

spoilers:
    And damn... It's so so sad and yet so good at the same time. That death scene for Natasha... (I'm still not over it, it was so well written and sad...)

And yep Erik, you should have killed him... But you didn't...

I find it cool that they acknowledged Wanda and Pietro as Magnus child again....
    end of spoilers
    I agree really good issue

spoilers:
    Magneto is a bastard, what he did to Wanda and how he let his son die were horrible but I admit how him and the Absorbing Man took down Thor was impressive. Zemo and the Thunderbolts really betrayed Clint in the worst way possible (as you said Natasha's death was really heartbreaking) and I can't wait until Clint shot an arrow between Zemo's eyes !
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

I don't get my copy until tomorrow. Any details?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I don't get my copy until tomorrow. Any details?
    Well it's pretty much a flashback on how everyone died except him and how the Thunderbolt betrayed him.
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

Great stuff indeed but it makes me sad that it had to be this issue that wasn't drawn by Checetto.
    I keep looking at some of those panels, thinking how much better they could have been.
    And that's saying something considering they are pretty damn good already.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Don't mind me, I'll just be over there in the corner crying. Nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    Don't mind me, I'll just be over there in the corner crying. Nothing to see here.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    *wibbles*

Seriously, though, the whole issue was fantastic but so hard to read (in a good way). The lead up, Clint being so sure and trusting and convincing everyone else to follow him... it hurt. And of course that one panel broke me, you know the one. How can one panel make me both so extremely happy and incredibly sad at the same time? lol.

*wibbles*

Seriously, though, the whole issue was fantastic but so hard to read (in a good way). The lead up, Clint being so sure and trusting and convincing everyone else to follow him... it hurt. And of course that one panel broke me, you know the one. How can one panel make me both so extremely happy and incredibly sad at the same time? lol.
    I liked how the scene was written with Natural dropping her no nonsense attitude for one last smile. Truelly heartbreaking.

Though I don't like how it was drawn. As with all the other death scenes it felt like there was no real impact.
    It was especially noticeable with Thor in my opinion.
    Maybe that was the idea, to show how quickly and easily earth's mightiest heroes could be squashed but those flashback panels from issue one definitely came off as more dramatic.

Kinda reminded me of All New Wolverine when Laura got rid of her long time nemesis and that scene was stuck with pretty ugly art that also sucked in the storytelling department.

It's not as bad here but still a little disappointing.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 07-20-2018 at 02:50 AM.

My Twitter

I've only read through issue #6 as I won't get issue #7 for a couple of weeks yet. I love this series though. I really hope they can keep Old Man Hawkeye and Old Man Wolverine alive somehow after their respective series ends. Maybe a series called 'The Wastelands' or something. Where it can just be about that world and all the characters in it.

Quote Originally Posted by daningotham View Post
    I've only read through issue #6 as I won't get issue #7 for a couple of weeks yet. I love this series though. I really hope they can keep Old Man Hawkeye and Old Man Wolverine alive somehow after their respective series ends. Maybe a series called 'The Wastelands' or something. Where it can just be about that world and all the characters in it.
    It will be difficult for Clint since he died in Old Man Logan who take place after the current Old Man Hawkeye.
    Favorite characters:

Pull List:

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    It will be difficult for Clint since he died in Old Man Logan who take place after the current Old Man Hawkeye.
    Oh yeah, good point. I should go back and read that again as I forgot much of that earlier stuff. I think I was thrown off when Old Man Hawkeye was talking to Old Man Logan in issue #1 of OMH. Still I hope they can keep the Wastelands alive in a series somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I liked how the scene was written with Natural dropping her no nonsense attitude for one last smile. Truelly heartbreaking.

Though I don't like how it was drawn. As with all the other death scenes it felt like there was no real impact.
    It was especially noticeable with Thor in my opinion.
    Maybe that was the idea, to show how quickly and easily earth's mightiest heroes could be squashed but those flashback panels from issue one definitely came off as more dramatic.

Kinda reminded me of All New Wolverine when Laura got rid of her long time nemesis and that scene was stuck with pretty ugly art that also sucked in the storytelling department.

It's not as bad here but still a little disappointing.
    I just really need a Clint/Natasha book so bad. She keeps dying when they're together, I just need to see them happy for once! lol

but I totally get what you mean about the art. I don't think it was bad art, personally, but I think for me it's more that I'm spoiled with this book. Checchetto's art is just so gorgeous that anything put in direct comparison to it suffers. This whole flashback was hard to read, but it would have been even worse with him doing the pencils.

I just really need a Clint/Natasha book so bad. She keeps dying when they're together, I just need to see them happy for once! lol

but I totally get what you mean about the art. I don't think it was bad art, personally, but I think for me it's more that I'm spoiled with this book. Checchetto's art is just so gorgeous that anything put in direct comparison to it suffers. This whole flashback was hard to read, but it would have been even worse with him doing the pencils.
    Oh it's not bad art at all. Just a bit underwhelming in the storytelling department.

My Twitter

Saw that one on my deviant art feed and had to think of our dear sneakronicity.

My Twitter