Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I'm a big Nicieza fan so that's no worries haha. Thanks for the heads up!
    There are also three volumes of Thunderbolts Classic that collect the series (including Hawkeye becoming leader of the team) up to the first Hawkeye and the Thunderbolts trade. If you don't have those, you should pick them up first.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    There are also three volumes of Thunderbolts Classic that collect the series (including Hawkeye becoming leader of the team) up to the first Hawkeye and the Thunderbolts trade. If you don't have those, you should pick them up first.
    I saw those. Wasn't sure how involved Clint was in them, but thanks so much. I will definitely add them to the list.

Astonishing Member

I saw those. Wasn't sure how involved Clint was in them, but thanks so much. I will definitely add them to the list.
    No problem. If you're not familiar with Hawkeye during the late 90s, there are some great stories with him out there.

Post Heroes Reborn, Hawkeye was featured in the Avengers relaunch by Kurt Busiek and George Perez. He's in the first dozen or so issues collected in Avengers Assemble Volume 1. Then he leaves the Avengers to lead the Thunderbolts. Since both titles were written by Kurt Busiek (who is a Hawkeye mega-fan), the storyline and character development flowed very well. A past version of Hawkeye (from Cap's kooky quartet era) is featured in the Avengers Forever mini. It doesn't tie in directly with Thunderbolts, but it does have Busiek showcasing how much the character has grown from his early days as an Avenger.

Also on the Thunderbolts Classics, I believe Hawkeye only shows up in the third volume.

So Avengers Assemble volume 1 is a good lead into Hawkeye and Thunderbolts, you would say?

Astonishing Member

So Avengers Assemble volume 1 is a good lead into Hawkeye and Thunderbolts, you would say?
    Avengers Assemble volume 1 leads into Thunderbolts Classic Volume 3 followed by Hawkeye and the Thunderbolts.
    Last edited by Rincewind; 02-14-2018 at 10:53 AM.

Astonishing Member

A fun Kurt Busiek story

In the late 90s I went to a comic convention that Kurt Busiek was a headlining guest. This was before JLA/Avengers was official, but fan interest was heavy and the publishers were making official noises that it was coming. During the Q&A, Busiek was asked about his favorite characters. His answer was Hawkeye from Marvel (and Hal Jordan for DC). Hawkeye was such a favorite of his that even though he was busy with the Thunderbolts, Busiek said that no matter what the plot of JLA/Avengers, Hawkeye would show up to visit the Avengers right before the villains appear and set the teams against each other. Busiek then said that Hawkeye would call the JLA "a bunch of Squadron Supreme" ripoffs.

When the JLA/Avengers series finally came out, I was delighted to see both scenes were in the mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Avengers Assemble volume 1 leads into Thunderbolts Classic Volume 3 followed by Hawkeye and the Thunderbolts.
    Great!

---

In current news, Old Man Hawkeye #2 out today!

I'm not a big fan of overly media right now, not in the right headspace lately, but damn Old Man Hawkeye is a good book and he art is so pretty.

Checchetto is an absolute beast. He's been my favorite artist since his Punisher run with Greg Rucka. I wish he could draw all the books I read lol.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Checchetto is an absolute beast. He's been my favorite artist since his Punisher run with Greg Rucka. I wish he could draw all the books I read lol.
    QFT (though I had to learn to love that run beyond his art). I particularly enjoy when he does street level characters, but I am losing my fan woman mind over Old Man Hawkeye (for so many reaasons, all good.)

Very happy Marco is on more high profile books, I just wish I liked more of the characters he works on. Added bonus: he liked my fan art of an OMH #1 panel (I nearly fell out of my chair.)
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

He was a Marvel Young Gun this year too so I'm sure he's going to be placed on higher profile books in the coming months

I liked issue a lot. The flashback was really heartbreaking ...and kinda disrespectful xD

Any idea who was talking to Clint in that scene?
    spoilers:
    I'm thinking either Swordsman or Zemo. Both wield a sword and both had personal grudges with Clint in the past and the act of letting him live and telling him that he is worthless basically, felt pretty personal.

Maybe I am just being stupid and we saw who it was anyway. I don't have the issue t home right now
    end of spoilers
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

мыслете наш он покой

Quote Originally Posted by PЯOVOSҬ View Post
    If I remember that right this is actually Bullseye dressed as Hawkeye.

Looks badass either way.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

There is a preview for Tales of Suspense #102 by the way.
    I do like the pacing. We get like four pages and yet a lot happens without anything feeling rushed.

My Twitter