Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    As a big fan of both, I really like this. They had the vs Crime mini together, and then Wade offered his hand to Clint when Clint was locked up for killing someone everyone liked. Now Wade killed someone everyone liked and the real Clint said he would try to talk to Wade calmly about it first. Pretty cool.
    True, that's a nice touch.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Took me forever, but I just finished the six-issue Hawkeye & Mockingbird series; I liked it, though not as much as The Reunion. The art was great, like before, and the voices for Clint and Bobbi were good, but the layouts were a little messy and the dialogue for the secondary characters (especially Dom) became a little annoying. I liked the interactions with the Avengers, especially Clint's conversation with Steve (also, were they laying the seeds for Clint's eventual relationship with Jessica?). The Phantom Rider material was neat, and I liked the arc that they gave Bobbi; I wanted things to work out between her and Clint and was sad they didn't, even though I knew they weren't together anymore. That's the hallmark of a well-written romance though, so it's a good thing in a way. I'm intrigued about Widowmaker, hopefully it doesn't take me forever to read it.

The idea that Clint was struggling with possibly becoming a killer makes me sad that Marvel eventually had him commit a murder - and of a close friend of his no less.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Took me forever, but I just finished the six-issue Hawkeye & Mockingbird series; I liked it, though not as much as The Reunion. The art was great, like before, and the voices for Clint and Bobbi were good, but the layouts were a little messy and the dialogue for the secondary characters (especially Dom) became a little annoying. I liked the interactions with the Avengers, especially Clint's conversation with Steve (also, were they laying the seeds for Clint's eventual relationship with Jessica?). The Phantom Rider material was neat, and I liked the arc that they gave Bobbi; I wanted things to work out between her and Clint and was sad they didn't, even though I knew they weren't together anymore. That's the hallmark of a well-written romance though, so it's a good thing in a way. I'm intrigued about Widowmaker, hopefully it doesn't take me forever to read it.

The idea that Clint was struggling with possibly becoming a killer makes me sad that Marvel eventually had him commit a murder - and of a close friend of his no less.
    I know, I find this so tragic. Clint and Bobbi broke up because he thought she was spiraling post-Skrulls, and he was afraid that in trying to save her from herself, he would get dragged down, too. But in hindsight, Bobbi was fine. She stayed in the New Avengers, Secret Avengers, SHIELD, teamed up with Spider-Man, mentored Silk and the new Wasp... and meanwhile, Clint was depressed in Fraction's series, was pressured into joining SHIELD and doing things he was uncomfortable with in Secret Avengers and Lemire's series, is continuously referred to as the worse Hawkeye, and ends up killing Bruce Banner, then eventually tries to lay down and let the Hulk kill him in Secret Empire. So maybe, subconsciously, he was actually worried that he was the one who was going to bring her down. Either way, I hope things turn around for him.

So Avengers Surrender #690 came out and Bruce had "the talk" with Clint.

AND IT WAS FREAKING AWFUL.
    spoilers:
    Basically Banner is all apologetic for putting Clint through it even though it didn't even work in the End and Clint is like"I saw you killing everyone I loved in this world (then he names females only) so you know, I'm happy I could help Buddy."
    Then Bruce leaves and Clint tries to say something like: "But it's cool, you are not a bad person deep down."

After all the work that has been done to showcase how bad Clint feels about everything in Occupy Avengers, The Accused or Secret Empire now he just feels totally justified?
    That's much more out of character than killing Banner in the first place.
    end of spoilers
    Also: He's back to his shirt outfit for good.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    So Avengers Surrender #690 came out and Bruce had "the talk" with Clint.

AND IT WAS FREAKING AWFUL.
    spoilers:
    Basically Banner is all apologetic for putting Clint through it even though it didn't even work in the End and Clint is like"I saw you killing everyone I loved in this world (then he names females only) so you know, I'm happy I could help Buddy."
    Then Bruce leaves and Clint tries to say something like: "But it's cool, you are not a bad person deep down."

After all the work that has been done to showcase how bad Clint feels about everything in Occupy Avengers, The Accused or Secret Empire now he just feels totally justified?
    That's much more out of character than killing Banner in the first place.
    end of spoilers
    Also: He's back to his shirt outfit for good.
    What?! I don't know whether I'm more outraged about spoilers:
    the idea that Clint was happy to kill Bruce
    end of spoilers or the T-shirt thing!

Was there a reason for the "shirt for good," decision?

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    spoilers:
    It could be a tough guy act I suppose but it only made Bruce feel even worse so it's still massively out of character
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Was there a reason for the "shirt for good," decision?
    "The old custome feels too formal at this point."

My Twitter

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Loved Old Man Hawkeye 4. Checchetto has upped his game on this book and given how great an artist he already is, that is saying something.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Astonishing Member

Well......If you peferred "Classic Hawkeye" then you should enjoyed both Hawkeyes appearances within DEADPOO #299 ...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    spoilers:
    It could be a tough guy act I suppose but it only made Bruce feel even worse so it's still massively out of character
    end of spoilers

"The old custome feels too formal at this point."
    Well based on the conversation, I took it as that Clint chooses to use both with the t-shirt look being his casual hero attire but when it’s something big/special like what they just faced then he’ll break out the classic costume ala casual wear vs formal wear.

Old Man Hawkeye was so good! This book is going to break my heart into a million pieces by the time it's over, and I'll enjoy ever second of it.

Not sure how to feel about No Surrender. I think I get what Clint was trying to do there, but it all just came off weird.

I know, I find this so tragic. Clint and Bobbi broke up because he thought she was spiraling post-Skrulls, and he was afraid that in trying to save her from herself, he would get dragged down, too. But in hindsight, Bobbi was fine. She stayed in the New Avengers, Secret Avengers, SHIELD, teamed up with Spider-Man, mentored Silk and the new Wasp... and meanwhile, Clint was depressed in Fraction's series, was pressured into joining SHIELD and doing things he was uncomfortable with in Secret Avengers and Lemire's series, is continuously referred to as the worse Hawkeye, and ends up killing Bruce Banner, then eventually tries to lay down and let the Hulk kill him in Secret Empire. So maybe, subconsciously, he was actually worried that he was the one who was going to bring her down. Either way, I hope things turn around for him.
    Clint's had a rough go of it lately. I didn't read the Clint/Bucky book, but I did flip through the last issue and Natasha's letter to him was interesting when she said spoilers:
    he needed to learn to stop loving people who only hurt him. Of course, she then deliberately keeps him out of whatever business she has planned next, because that's definitely not gonna hurt him, right?
    end of spoilers

Where's Clint winding up next? A new solo would be nice, especially since he won't be an Avenger.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Just read this and I agree that the conversation was way unexpected. spoilers:
    Hawkeye didn't really want to do it and when he did, he immediately surrendered and felt so much guilt over it. Not to mention, his decision (as written in CWII) was never about Ulysses' vision; he wasn't in even in the room when it happened. He did it because Bruce asked him to. Also, Clint isn't a dick! Like, ok, unintentionally he can be a dick, but I'm really shocked that this team of writers would even have him say that.
    end of spoilers

Will Clint never recover from Bendis' successive attempts to make him someone who kills people?

Thumbs up

Avengers Infinity War

Quote Originally Posted by WaxHawk View Post
    Avengers Infinity War
    I wanted to say that too... I'm guess I'm late.
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.