Page 49 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Well the next issue of Avengers will mostly talk about the contract between Clint and Bruce during Civil War II.

https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-avenge...R-TW&view=list

I may go back and pick up the last issue and then this one too. I almost don't even care if I have no idea what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    So since Marvel don't do their jobs, it's Jeremy Renner who have to promote Clint for Avengers 4...

https://twitter.com/Renner4Real/stat...06396746727425
    Oh thank god, it was about time we got something else than leaked pics.
    Well the next issue of Avengers will mostly talk about the contract between Clint and Bruce during Civil War II.

https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-avenge...R-TW&view=list
    I'd be surprised if we got much more than what we see in this preview honestly. At least as far as the flashback goes.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

So since Marvel don't do their jobs, it's Jeremy Renner who have to promote Clint for Avengers 4...

https://twitter.com/Renner4Real/stat...06396746727425
    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Saw that and liked it. Annoying that he's not on any Entertainment Weekly covers either.
    I have a feeling Marvel are keeping hush hush about Hawkeye's role in Infinity Wars for a good reason - and not just another retirement moment either. Still, it would have been nice to see him as part of this marketing wave going on now, including the EW covers.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Warp Spasm View Post
    I have a feeling Marvel are keeping hush hush about Hawkeye's role in Infinity Wars for a good reason - and not just another retirement moment either. Still, it would have been nice to see him as part of this marketing wave going on now, including the EW covers.
    My thing is.. even if there is a reason for it, he should be in all the promo stuff. All his absence is doing is making people suspicious. Or us Hawkeye fans annoyed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    My thing is.. even if there is a reason for it, he should be in all the promo stuff. All his absence is doing is making people suspicious. Or us Hawkeye fans annoyed.
    It is odd. Though I can't say MCU Hawkeye is the best Hawkeye anyway. He's probably my least favorite Avenger in the films just because he doesn't really contribute to the narrative, and isn't particularly memorable. But yeah, his absence is notable. I'm worried about Heimdall myself, just because I think Thanos or a member of the Black Order may murder him in the first act of Infinity War.

BANNED

All this stuff that Bruce asked Clint to kill him, and Clint did it... man, this is so stupid.
    Bruce was terribly depressed, he was a suicidal man in his own title, for God's sake.
    Clint killed a suicidal man with depression.
    Bruce and Clint don't deserve it.
    Why, Bendis, why?
    **sigh**

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    All this stuff that Bruce asked Clint to kill him, and Clint did it... man, this is so stupid.
    Bruce was terribly depressed, he was a suicidal man in his own title, for God's sake.
    Clint killed a suicidal man with depression.
    Bruce and Clint don't deserve it.
    Why, Bendis, why?
    **sigh**
    Bendis has an... unconventional understanding of Clint's character.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Bendis has an... unconventional understanding of Clint's character.
    Well in New Avengers, his Clint was okay. It's just for Civil War II, were he needed to kill ppl and have some dramas. But welp I can understand why Clint did it. I mean, Bruce is one of his best friend, Hulk is super dangerous and if Bruce transformed there would have a lot of damage and he can't kill himself because Hulk wouldn't let Bruce killed himself. So he asked one of his best friend to kill him to stop the threat.

Well the only weird thing is that Clint is THE character who don't want to kill (that's literally his motto), he totally against' it. I mean he divorced from Bobbi because she killed the man who raped her (pre retcon) and only for that not because they stopped loved each other.

And he didn't killed a lot of ppl, except the Skrulls (especially when he learned that the Bobbi during of Secret Invasion was a Skrull) and Bruce there isn't a lot of kill he did (if you don't count that he became a vilain for Natasha when he first appeared and was willing to kill Stark for her). (I probably forgot some killing but I think I said the more importants)

Well in New Avengers, his Clint was okay. It's just for Civil War II, were he needed to kill ppl and have some dramas. But welp I can understand why Clint did it. I mean, Bruce is one of his best friend, Hulk is super dangerous and if Bruce transformed there would have a lot of damage and he can't kill himself because Hulk wouldn't let Bruce killed himself. So he asked one of his best friend to kill him to stop the threat.

Well the only weird thing is that Clint is THE character who don't want to kill (that's literally his motto), he totally against' it. I mean he divorced from Bobbi because she killed the man who raped her (pre retcon) and only for that not because they stopped loved each other.

And he didn't killed a lot of ppl, except the Skrulls (especially when he learned that the Bobbi during of Secret Invasion was a Skrull) and Bruce there isn't a lot of kill he did (if you don't count that he became a vilain for Natasha when he first appeared and was willing to kill Stark for her). (I probably forgot some killing but I think I said the more importants)
    He's staunchly anti-killing when Bendis isn't writing him (even though on a few different occasions, even pre-Secret invasion, he admitted that he understood why Bobbi did what she did), but I don't think Bendis has ever used that particular character trait. Of all the times I can think of on-panel when Clint says, "Avengers don't kill," or, "I don't kill," or anything along those lines, none of the ones are from Bendis comic books (although I admit that I haven't read everything Bendis has written that features Clint).

Furthermore, in New Avengers, as soon as Clint finds out about Osborn's Avengers, he decides that he needs to kill Osborn. Not only that, but in Dark Reign: The List, when the other New Avengers try to talk him out of it, he asks Bobbi for her support, and she's not really enthusiastic about it, but she says she'll help Clint for his sake. Neither of them bring up the Phantom Rider; it reads as if Bendis just didn't know about that stage in their history.

He's staunchly anti-killing when Bendis isn't writing him (even though on a few different occasions, even pre-Secret invasion, he admitted that he understood why Bobbi did what she did), but I don't think Bendis has ever used that particular character trait. Of all the times I can think of on-panel when Clint says, "Avengers don't kill," or, "I don't kill," or anything along those lines, none of the ones are from Bendis comic books (although I admit that I haven't read everything Bendis has written that features Clint).

Furthermore, in New Avengers, as soon as Clint finds out about Osborn's Avengers, he decides that he needs to kill Osborn. Not only that, but in Dark Reign: The List, when the other New Avengers try to talk him out of it, he asks Bobbi for her support, and she's not really enthusiastic about it, but she says she'll help Clint for his sake. Neither of them bring up the Phantom Rider; it reads as if Bendis just didn't know about that stage in their history.
    Well he kinda did actually. In New Avengers during one of the team fights it was actually just him who voiced discomfort with the idea of killing what I think were hand ninjas.
    The moment where he shot those skrulls with Nat's guns was the first time he actively chose to kill in that book if I recall that right.

A few weird moments and the whole killing business aside I actually liked Bendis Clint. He always had a key role of some sort, was competent and had a very fitting voice.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 03-12-2018 at 10:59 AM.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

BANNED

The problem is not Bruce begging for Clint to kill him. The problem is that Clint killed him. Bruce was a sick man, a suicidal man with depression. He's a friend, for God's sake.
    To kill a suicidal man is cruel. You don't kill a suicidal man because he asks you to kill him. No, no, no. Never.
    No, Clint wouldn't do that. Never!
    Wanda Maximoff, Scott Summers, Emma Frost, Hank McCoy, Clint Barton and Carol Danvers... all of them victims of Brian Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Well he kinda did actually. In New Avengers during one of the team fights it was actually just him who voiced discomfort with the idea of killing what I think were hand ninjas.
    The moment where he shot those skrulls with Nat's guns was the first time he actively chose to kill in that book if I recall that right.

A few weird moments and the whole killing business aside I actually liked Bendis Clint. He always had a key role of some sort, was competent and had a very fitting voice.
    Oh, yeah, you're right about the ninjas thing. Although it wasn't as clear a line in the sand like, for example, in Spencer's Secret Avengers, where he says something along the lines of, "I don't kill; it's practically in my dating profile" (which I just realized might be a hidden reference to his divorce?)

I liked the way that Bendis wrote Clint just after he came back to life, but like Fraction's Clint, it was right for that stage in his life without being the definitive Clint Barton characterization. He was a little bit angrier than usual, even more of a rage-against-the-world kind of guy than he used to be. Which makes sense, considering everything that was going on with his life: he was killed twice by one of his closest friends, then when he came back, he found out that some of his friends were trying to hunt down other of his friends and put them in jail, and that Goliath and Cap were dead, and then all of a sudden Norman Osborn was the new Nick Fury and had set up another Avengers team with actual villains on it. I'm stressing out just imagining having to deal with all that...
    Last edited by OOTCS; 03-13-2018 at 12:51 AM.

Oh, yeah, you're right about the ninjas thing. Although it wasn't as clear a line in the sand like, for example, in Spencer's Secret Avengers, where he says something along the lines of, "I don't kill; it's practically in my dating profile" (which I just realized might be a hidden reference to his divorce?)

I liked the way that Bendis wrote Clint just after he came back to life, but like Fraction's Clint, it was right for that stage in his life without being the definitive Clint Barton characterization. He was a little bit angrier than usual, even more of a rage-against-the-world kind of guy than he used to be. Which makes sense, considering everything that was going on with his life: he was twice by one of his closest friends, then when he came back, he found out that some of his friends were trying to hunt down other of his friends and put them in jail, and that Goliath and Cap were dead, and then all of a sudden Norman Osborn was the new Nick Fury and had set up another Avengers team with actual villains on it. I'm stressing out just imagining having to deal with all that...
    I agree and Bendis seemed to think the same as Clint was written very differently after "The List", especially during the Heroic Age.
    So yeah I get that some people aren't satisfied with with some of the decision Bendis made for Clint but he very much knew what he was doing and had his behaviour develope accordingly.

My Twitter

Extraordinary Member

Characters being amnesiac when written by Bendis?
    That's soemthing I never heard of...