Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Hawkeye is one of my favorite Avengers and has been since I was a kid. I wish the Hawkeye & Mockingbird series lasted longer. It died before it's time. How many issues did the Fraction run last? Due to budgeting costs I had to drop a lot of books a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    But Fraction is making him deaf again.

Really? Why?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Really? Why?
    Not sure if it's temporary or permanent. I heard there is going to be a silent issue but I haven't read anything beyond #16 yet.

Wait a sec, when and why did Clint go deaf?

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    Hawkeye is one of my favorite Avengers and has been since I was a kid. I wish the Hawkeye & Mockingbird series lasted longer. It died before it's time. How many issues did the Fraction run last? Due to budgeting costs I had to drop a lot of books a while back.
    Still going. Until around #22, I think? It sounds like that's Fraction's conclusion.

Issue #15. And if I read his Tumblr right, Fraction said it's partly representation, partly something interesting about Clint that got taken away, so he's putting it back.

He lost it in the 4th issue of the Gruenwald mini from the 80s. He and Mockingbird were being mentally controlled and he used a sonic arrowhead to break free, but it caused him to lose 90% of his hearing.

It was later retconned in the wake of Heroes Reborn. The reason being the Franklin Richards didn't know Clint was deaf, so when he restored the heroes, he restored Clint's hearing too.

Hawkeye's schedule got delayed again... Hawkeye #19 is now due for 07/23, with issue #20 supposedly set for 08/13 and #21 on 09/10.

So I guess we won't see any new issue solicited for September either, and the future of the series remains unclear.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Hawkeye's schedule got delayed again... Hawkeye #19 is now due for 07/23, with issue #20 supposedly set for 08/13 and #21 on 09/10.

So I guess we won't see any new issue solicited for September either, and the future of the series remains unclear.
    Yeah, it sucks. In another thread someone mentioned that the delays probably only was because Aja is slow. But it can't be the reason now. When was 19 initially scheduled for, somewhere in April right? That's a three month delay! I had hoped that Marvel could say something and not leave us hanging....

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Over the years, it's been my observation that Marvel does not care about its readers - leave them hanging? oh sure, sell them something else meantime. Unfortunately for Marvel (as if they care..!), their price-gouging (NO reason for Marvel Comics to be charging $4 per common 32-page issue) and character-defying 'company-wide crossover events', and, for me at least, drop in quality writing have driven me from a 20-some titles a month fan to a two-titles a month ex pat. One title I hang onto from nostalgia (and excellent writing, and nice art), the other is the well-written, always-engaging, $3-priced Hawkeye. Which, as we've expounded above, has vanished from the monthly scene. Sad.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Man, I know Marvel/Fraction/Aja will be releasing Hawkeye regularly if they could, but it really sucks. The story feels like it's been in limbo for over a year cos of all the fill ins and flashback issues. At least the Kate issues have been consistent.

I kinda just want the series to finish, so we can be done with it. Same with Superior Foes.
    You've never seen Judge Dredd and THE LAW at the same time. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
    Man, I know Marvel/Fraction/Aja will be releasing Hawkeye regularly if they could, but it really sucks. The story feels like it's been in limbo for over a year cos of all the fill ins and flashback issues. At least the Kate issues have been consistent.

I kinda just want the series to finish, so we can be done with it. Same with Superior Foes.
    I agree. This series feels like it's a complete drag. Hawkeye's had the same wounds for well over a year now, and the fill-ins and flashbacks do nothing but drag it out longer. Time for them to move on from this series.

fred benes

I don't get that logic at all. Sure it's been delayed and that sucks, but better late than never.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    I don't get that logic at all. Sure it's been delayed and that sucks, but better late than never.
    Exactly. It'll still be great when it comes out, much better than if someone else was doing it. Does nobody remember Astonishing X-Men? Or any other eagerly anticipated comics that just couldn't come out monthly?

Astonishing Member

Maybe it would work better if the series had three writers who does 3-part story arc respectively with their assigned artists. This way, there would not be any delays when the issues are released because the first 18 issues would have been created already that would have 9 story arcs of which each of the 3 writers get to write 6 issues per year.