Page 30 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post

Breakout was really strange in my opinion.

But definitely a dream come true for the Shippers.
    Oh, it's definitely strange, but pure shipper trash that I am I really loved it, lol. I just see it as yet another alternate universe to play in.

I considered Clint to be the main character in Spencer's Secret Avengers. Am I the only one? Sure, there was no character arc that was purely based on him like there was with Bobbi, but it seemed like most of the book was told from his point of view.

I know right? I hated having to go back numerous pages just to double post when something major was announced.
    Hawkeye deserves the love.

I gotta be honest, I didn't like Spencer's take on Secret Avengers much. It felt like it was ended much sooner than expected and went nowhere except for Bobbi. And it was definitely not the thing to read when you were looking for some Hawkeye action. It feels like he had more panels in Secret Empire than this team book.
    Got it, if I get to this one it won't be for a while.

Breakout was really strange in my opinion. spoilers:
    I mean it was written well but considering it was 90% of what the first ever New Avengers arc, just pretending that Clint and Tasha hadn't been with the Avengers for decades at this point and then retelling their story decades later in a spy setting that reminded me of their Ultimate Universe Versions.
    And poor Jessica was the third wheel chick xD
    end of spoilers

But definitely a dream come true for the Shippers.
    lol, poor Jessica. It's a shame that pairing didn't get a better shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    Oh, it's definitely strange, but pure shipper trash that I am I really loved it, lol. I just see it as yet another alternate universe to play in.
    Hahaha Well, fair enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I considered Clint to be the main character in Spencer's Secret Avengers. Am I the only one? Sure, there was no character arc that was purely based on him like there was with Bobbi, but it seemed like most of the book was told from his point of view.
    How so? I mean I might mix up some storylines here but all I remember from him was:
    spoilers:

- gets shot
    - gets hentai-ed
    - saved by Nat
    - oh it was Fury all along
    - doesn't want to kill on the next mission
    - gets beaten up by fake shang-chi
    - leaves the team
    end of spoilers
    I don't really remember him doing anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Hawkeye deserves the love.

Got it, if I get to this one it won't be for a while.

lol, poor Jessica. It's a shame that pairing didn't get a better shot.
    Well it's not a bad read, it just kinda never quite takes off like it feels it was supposed to.

And yeah: Jess and Clint together were just awesome. Two chaotic, quippy badasses with little experience in mature relationship things.
    Like I said I don't really ship people all that much but those two were glorious together.

Weirdly enough I didn't mind the way it ended, just that it ended so soon.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Hahaha Well, fair enough.

How so? I mean I might mix up some storylines here but all I remember from him was:
    spoilers:

- gets shot
    - gets hentai-ed
    - saved by Nat
    - oh it was Fury all along
    - doesn't want to kill on the next mission
    - gets beaten up by fake shang-chi
    - leaves the team
    end of spoilers

Yeah this is how I remember it pretty much too. Aside from those spoilers, his involvement was non-existent. I view Hill as the main character in both Spencer and Kot's volumes, but I did enjoy the hell out of Kot's.

And yeah: Jess and Clint together were just awesome. Two chaotic, quippy badasses with little experience in mature relationship things.
    Like I said I don't really ship people all that much but those two were glorious together.

Weirdly enough I didn't mind the way it ended, just that it ended so soon.
    What can I read that has Clint and Jess together?

Bendis' Avengers I believe.

I haven't read these issues, so I'm not familiar with Clint and Jess all that well, aside from the remarks that have been made in recent comics. Not sure if it's really his New Avengers or Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Yeah this is how I remember it pretty much too. Aside from those spoilers, his involvement was non-existent. I view Hill as the main character in both Spencer and Kot's volumes, but I did enjoy the hell out of Kot's.
    Yeah I'll sing the praises for Kot's SA book forever and ever.
    Bendis Avengers and Avengers Assemble

There also might be some nuggets in books about Fear Itself and AvX.

One of them being this glorious insight in Clint's mind:

Then there was Avengers World but I am not sure they were still together then.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Yeah, for much of it he's pretty passive, but he's there and talking in like every panel. The series opens on him and closes on him, like it's his story, and all throughout the series, he's there, talking about how uncomfortable he is with the situation. I wouldn't be surprised if, if you were to add up all the lines of dialogue from each character in that series, Clint would come out higher than everyone else (and not just because he has a big mouth, lol).

Then there was Avengers World but I am not sure they were still together then.
    They couldn't have been together then, because in the first issue of Kot's Secret Avengers, Jess is referred to as his ex-girlfriend, and that's when he joins the team. In Avengers World, they're already on the team together (unless it's supposed to be a different team?).
    Last edited by OOTCS; 01-24-2018 at 09:01 PM.

Yeah I'll sing the praises for Kot's SA book forever and ever.
    My favorite line of the whole book was when describing who Hawkeye was, the caption read "Eats four protein bars a day."

I couldn't enjoy Kot's Secret Avengers because I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop vis-a-vis Clint's involvement with the team. I really thought Coulson was going to tell him the truth when Clint found him after he ran away and I was so disappointed that he didn't.

I couldn't enjoy Kot's Secret Avengers because I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop vis-a-vis Clint's involvement with the team. I really thought Coulson was going to tell him the truth when Clint found him after he ran away and I was so disappointed that he didn't.
    That whole deal with what Hill did and Clint never finding out is very frustrating. The series was however, very enjoyable for me.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

I didn't finish Remender's Secret Avengers but that's the run where he became team leader, right?

I have very mixed feelings on Kot's Secret Avengers. The lighthearted tone felt like a breath of fresh air next after the previous run, and I love the way it handled Maria Hill and MODOK. The Hawkeye stuff felt like it was one of several attempts to mimic the Fraction/Aja run, which can be entertaining, if not very original. But every so often a character interaction would fall flat, or characters would disappear outright for issues in a row. I think the plot got really bloated towards the end, too.

Yeah, for much of it he's pretty passive, but he's there and talking in like every panel. The series opens on him and closes on him, like it's his story, and all throughout the series, he's there, talking about how uncomfortable he is with the situation. I wouldn't be surprised if, if you were to add up all the lines of dialogue from each character in that series, Clint would come out higher than everyone else (and not just because he has a big mouth, lol).

They couldn't have been together then, because in the first issue of Kot's Secret Avengers, Jess is referred to as his ex-girlfriend, and that's when he joins the team. In Avengers World, they're already on the team together (unless it's supposed to be a different team?).
    Well that might be true but it doesn't really make it his story for me.

Avengers World features different teams. It's more like they are a temporary Unit of the Avengers Organisation so to speak in that one. Now it just depends whether it is set before or after the breakup.
    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    My favorite line of the whole book was when describing who Hawkeye was, the caption read "Eats four protein bars a day."
    For sure. I also really enjoyed the page where he just takes out like a massive amount of AIM agents just to end up facing the alien all of sudden being all like "Come on...."
    That and MODOK being in love with Hill is just great.
    Well I can get that, it's a frustrating dropped subplot for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    I didn't finish Remender's Secret Avengers but that's the run where he became team leader, right?

I have very mixed feelings on Kot's Secret Avengers. The lighthearted tone felt like a breath of fresh air next after the previous run, and I love the way it handled Maria Hill and MODOK. The Hawkeye stuff felt like it was one of several attempts to mimic the Fraction/Aja run, which can be entertaining, if not very original. But every so often a character interaction would fall flat, or characters would disappear outright for issues in a row. I think the plot got really bloated towards the end, too.
    The end wasn't really bloated it just resolved a few assigned different jobs to everyone instead of having them fight as a group.

As for Clint being Fraction-ized.
    Yeah well it happened parallel to Fractions book and basically aimed to be the kind of Job Duty you only ever got a glimpse at in the solo. People tend to forget that the stuff happening in the solo was basically what Hawkeye did in his spare time haha.

His portrayal in Kot's book came with a huge twist were Clint admitted to Hill that playing an idiot was an act for the most part and he got to do lots of cool stuff.
    Basically it took the good parts about Hawk"guy" to play well with the solo but also gave it very much its own style.

My Twitter

Well that might be true but it doesn't really make it his story for me.
    I see what you're saying. The way I saw it, it was a character-driven story for Clint (as in, it focused on his personality) and a plot-driven story for Daisy, Maria, and Bobbi. (As for the other team members, they barely got scraps, unfortunately.)