Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Maybe it would work better if the series had three writers who does 3-part story arc respectively with their assigned artists. This way, there would not be any delays when the issues are released because the first 18 issues would have been created already that would have 9 story arcs of which each of the 3 writers get to write 6 issues per year.
    That's great for a book like Spider-Man, but I think the main draw for this book was this specific writer/artist combo and they're trying to put out the remaining 3-4 issues as intended.

However, I'd totally be fine with that for the next Hawkeye series! I mean come on, you have to guess they're going to have another one with how well this did.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

We all knew it was coming. Fraction's telling a specific story, and he's not one to hang around after he's finished what he set out to do.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

BANNED

Not going to lie....the way Fraction has handled this book and others seems in a few ways selfish and arrogant. Not saying that he is but it's really coming across that way.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

It's the most logical thing to happen considering all the delays, and honestly, I never liked Fraction's Hawkeye, always i found the book a bit boring at least in the last issues.

Definitely a bummer. Hearing the news weeks ago softened the blow when he said that on twitter the other day.

I cannot wait to see what creator owned book he and Aja cook up.

http://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/c..._ends_with_22/

This was the first comic in a long time where reading a new issue was like an event to me. Bummed that it looks like it's winding up.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    It's the most logical thing to happen considering all the delays, and honestly, I never liked Fraction's Hawkeye, always i found the book a bit boring at least in the last issues.
    The plot dragged a lot, and the delays did even more harm. I did enjoy the Kate storyline a lot, though -- but I found the Clint characterisation very lacking.

Hopefully we get a relaunch with a new creative team (fingers crossed for McCann or even Spencer.)

It is indeed sad that it's ending. I look forward to how Fracton wraps it up. I think that this run is really something to be proud of, and I think it was a seminal run for a variety of reasons.

Great stuff all around.

Hopefully, Marvel allows the book to end, or they have another team ready to come on board and try something a bit different with it. Anyone trying to mimic what has made this book great so far will be seen as exactly that...mimicry.

I loved this book, but I'm not surprised that it's ending. The delays were a big problem.

A bit of news...

HAWKEYE #22 will now be $4.99, not the previously solicited $3.99.

No word yet on the page count, but I'd expect it to be a double-sized finale for the Fraction/Aja run.

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Bittersweet that Fraction's run is ending but I am so excited to find out how all it wraps up for Clint, Kate, Barney and co. It's been an absolute joy and a book that can be reread over and again. And I certainly do. In my opinion, this has been Marvel's best comic over its run. Deserving of the critical acclaim, fan support and shiny awards it has received. Matt along with Aja of course and Hollingsworth, Eliopoulos, Annie Wu, Pulido and Wacker can be very proud of what they accomplished, they hit the mark just about every time. And props to whoever greenlit this thing, which isn't your typical Big 2 Super Hero comic book, but is something they need to do more of.

Did anyone read Deadpool vs. Hawkeye #0? I'm interested in checking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Did anyone read Deadpool vs. Hawkeye #0? I'm interested in checking it out.
    It was actually pretty good! It has a similar tone to Hawkeye's series, and while I'm no Deadpool fan I enjoyed the ride. The art was great, too.

Kind of overreaching by having Clint's female black friend know Wade's female black friend just because, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    It was actually pretty good! It has a similar tone to Hawkeye's series, and while I'm no Deadpool fan I enjoyed the ride. The art was great, too.

Kind of overreaching by having Clint's female black friend know Wade's female black friend just because, though.
    didn't you know...all of us black folk know each other