Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Hawkeye solo to be rebooted! How have we not discussed this here yet!?!
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Hawkeye solo to be rebooted! How have we not discussed this here yet!?!
    The creative team is definitely interesting. I'll miss Aja's art and how Fraction crafted the stories to really showcase it, but the new team seems like they'll have their own take. I'm glad they'll be trying more of their own thing.

Did anyone read Deadpool vs. Hawkeye #0? I'm interested in checking it out.
    I did, I loved it. It's very, very funny. Issue #1 is great also. And Kate's in it too!

Incredible Member

Hi all just introducing myself to the thread. I grew up reading West Coast Avengers so I have an affinity for Marvel's purple clad archer.

I like Fractions run and it's great but it's not the Hawkeye I grew up with. As entertaining and well written as it is, I don't like Hawkeye being a hapless loser. I actually miss the old Hawkeye but I can deal with it if they keep putting quality writers on the character. I think Lemire will do a good job because he's done a pretty good with his DC books.

Please, PLEASE can a Mod change the Appreciation thread and spell it properly. Has anyone actually said out-loud that spelling

Quote Originally Posted by petrefax View Post
    I like Fractions run and it's great but it's not the Hawkeye I grew up with. As entertaining and well written as it is, I don't like Hawkeye being a hapless loser. I actually miss the old Hawkeye but I can deal with it if they keep putting quality writers on the character. I think Lemire will do a good job because he's done a pretty good with his DC books.
    I find Fraction's Hawkeye not only the most heroic he's been in a long time, but far more a loveable rogue than a hapless loser (which is what he always came across as under Busiek). I just wish more writers would write THIS Hawkeye in their comics than the sour-faced film knock-off.

I get where people see Fraction's as a "hapless loser". I don't see him as that, but as the everyman trying his best... which is more relatable. It still fits with his character because he is essentially a human on a team of gods and monsters. Not to mention they can save the heroic stuff for the team books. It is even addressed in Secret Avengers by Maria Hill who said it was all an "act to make people underestimate him". What I didn't like that was how Spider-Woman, a woman he dated, was shocked by that. His peers should know him for who he really.

I don't know much about the creative team. Jeff L. seems to have worked mostly at DC and the only work of his I recall reading was Superboy, which I loved. The artist I'm not a huge fan of thus far. But I'm just glad his title is continuing. While 22 issues might be his longest run yet, it is important to sustain interest in the character first over the value/importance of the creative team.

BTW... I really wish they would release the Niceiza's Hawkeye in TPB.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

does anyone have a link to news about the reboot please? when will it be published?

Holy crap! Lemire's taking over Hawkey? I just had a nerdgasm! That's awesome news. From what little I've seen of Perez' art it's not really my thing, but I'll give him a chance to win me over. Plus, Lemire!!!!!
    If you are not reading Lazarus, you should be.

Anybody else kind of pleased to see the MCU Clint acting a bit more like the 616 Clint in the Avengers: AoU trailer?

"Whosoever holds this hammer has the power of--whatever man! It's a trick!"

"It's a carnival trick and that is it!"

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Reviving this thread, what did everyone think about All-New Hawkeye #1? I thought Lemire got the voices for Clint and Kate perfectly, Fraction developed a really cool working relationship between them and I'm happy it's continuing here.

I really liked seeing the flashbacks to Clint and Barney's childhood, I'm wondering if that'll be all we see of him... having this come out before Hawkeye #22 lets it be a little bit of a mystery, but his end did seem very final in #21 I guess.

While the story is all good, what really stands out is the art. Ramón Pérez and Ian Herring knocked it out of the park completely, loved the watercolor feel to the flashbacks.

Newsarama has an interview with Lemire talking about the new series if you'e interested!

No one ever posts in this thread. My LCS was out of All-New Hawkeye already. However the new Avengers trailer is rocking my ****. More Hawkeye, but he stills seems to be the least featured.

Just saw the ANH and its pretty good. Characterization hasn't gone bad. Artwork is great between Present and Past painted a it of haunting tale to come and got me excited and curious.

Lemire was great on Animal Man so I can't wait to see what he does here.

Anyone mind posting spoilers? Does Lucky/Arrow appear?

Just read Hawkeye vs Deadpool. I enjoyed it. It's a nice in-between arc/mini before All New started. They make a fun pairing. They could go further. I haven't read them in Secret Avengers yet.

Speaking of... Did we ever learn why Widow and Hawk joined the Secret Avengers in the previous volume? The redacted part.

Anyone mind posting spoilers? Does Lucky/Arrow appear?

Just read Hawkeye vs Deadpool. I enjoyed it. It's a nice in-between arc/mini before All New started. They make a fun pairing. They could go further. I haven't read them in Secret Avengers yet.

Speaking of... Did we ever learn why Widow and Hawk joined the Secret Avengers in the previous volume? The redacted part.
    Sure, here are the spoilers.

- Issue starts in beautiful water colour, with a focus on white and blue hues. Clint and Barney are spending the day trying to catch frogs. While there, they discuss their new foster home, wondering when they'll have to leave. Clint ends the scene by suggesting "Maybe we should--"

- "RUN!" Hawkguy yells to Hawkeye, as they fight through a horde of HYDRA Agents. Sent by Maria Hill to find a dangerous, secret weapon cache, the two find nothing save for the army at their heels. As they fight through, the two share some great, quippy dialogue. The two end up seperated, with Hawkguy outside and Hawkeye trapped inside.

- Cut back to the past, white and blue hues once more, where Clint and Barney are on their way home, from collecting one frog. However, their new foster father is home and the kids haven't mown the lawn. Their foster father physically abuses Barney, who retaliates by hitting him with a baseball bat. Not shown, but implied, red splashes invade the white and blue watercolour. The two of them run away on their bicycles.

- The red and blue hues continue to feature. Hawkguy, outside, is in blue, while Hawkeye, inside, is in red. As Hawkguy breaks back in to retrieve his "not-protegee" the red and blue hues mix together. Hawkguy tries to convince Kate to leave, but she insists she's found their secret weapon cache for Maria Hill: Project Communion.

- The issue ends in a splash page, divided into two sections: Hawkeye sees three children, trapped in a tube, while Clint and Barney, being chased by their father, find a travelling circus.

If you couldn't tell from this I LOVED THE COLOURS. The transitions between the different shades and hues were phenomenal and the art team is doing great work here. Flashbacks are beautifully rendered, while the scenes in the present are vivid and bold and full of dynamic interaction. Great start to a series.
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!