Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

I’m gonna catch it today. Pretty excited and anxious.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    I wanted to say that too... I'm guess I'm late.
    I would not blame this on Bendis. He arguably made murderous Clint work in the context of his story back in New Avengers and the way he acted in CWII right after the deed was much more in line with the portrayals in the following books (See, Occupy etc.)
    Sure Bendis made him fire that arrow but to blame him for what Waid and Co came up with now is kinda iffy.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 04-26-2018 at 07:09 AM.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Oh and: Of course instead of ranting at the horrible wrong headed No Surrender thing I suppose I should give my thoughts on Old Man Hawkeye #4.
    It continues the epicness of the last issue quite nicely and makes me wonder whether a certain Thunderbolt will actually feel the wrath of Hawkeye when it comes down to it.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I would not blame this on Bendis. He arguably made murderous Clint work in the context of his story back in New Avengers and the way he acted in CWII right after the deed was much more in line with the portrayals in the following books (See, Occupy etc.)
    Sure Bendis made him fire that arrow but to blame him for what Waid and Co came up with now is kinda iffy.
    I was talking about the Infinity War comment haha.

But yeah I don't blame Bendis for that. I mean Clint as a murderer, I'm about to repeat myself but he was willing to kill Stark for Natasha, killed Skrull for Bobbi's sake in SI and with what he said here, he did it for the person he loved dying in the vision he saw.

spoilers:
    And like we see in OMH#4, he is killing all the Thunderbolts to avenge Natasha's death
    end of spoilers

So yeah, even if he hate kill we already saw him killing for the ppl he love, that's not new.
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

Oh and: Of course instead of ranting at the horrible wrong headed No Surrender thing I suppose I should give my thoughts on Old Man Hawkeye #4.
    It continues the epicness of the last issue quite nicely and makes me wonder whether a certain Thunderbolt will actually feel the wrath of Hawkeye when it comes down to it.
    spoilers:
    Moonstone maybe ? That could be funny and weird to see at the same time.
    end of spoilers
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    I was talking about the Infinity War comment haha.

But yeah I don't blame Bendis for that. I mean Clint as a murderer, I'm about to repeat myself but he was willing to kill Stark for Natasha, killed Skrull for Bobbi's sake in SI and with what he said here, he did it for the person he loved dying in the vision he saw.

spoilers:
    And like we see in OMH#4, he is killing all the Thunderbolts to avenge Natasha's death
    end of spoilers

So yeah, even if he hate kill we already saw him killing for the ppl he love, that's not new.
    Oh sorry, I just quoted the wrong person/post.

As for OMH
    spoilers:
    I was actually thinking Songbird
    end of spoilers

My Twitter

Saw Infinity War last night and spoilers:
    Hawkeye wasn’t in it all! He got a throwaway mention. Very disappointed, betrayed by the Russo’s.
    end of spoilers

The next Avengers can’t get here fast enough.

So I finally got to read Deadpool #299 today. Clint (and Kate) was actually really good in it. About half the book was about Wade and Clint's relationship and trying to help one another. I was very happy with how it happened.

This is sort of old (two years), but screw it. I love that in the wall it says "Hawkeye was here" lol. Also, Deadpool's logo is there, too.
    *Shout out to Hawkeye vs Deadpool* I'm pretty sure its not giving that shout out, but I'm doing it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    So I finally got to read Deadpool #299 today. Clint (and Kate) was actually really good in it. About half the book was about Wade and Clint's relationship and trying to help one another. I was very happy with how it happened.
    Clint was portrayed way too incompetently again for my taste but it's good to see that their relationship wasn't overlooked and them trying to help Wade was pretty cool.

My Twitter

Clint was portrayed way too incompetently again for my taste but it's good to see that their relationship wasn't overlooked and them trying to help Wade was pretty cool.
    I think for it being Deadpool's book, Clint wasn't as incompetent as he could have been made out to be... or has been in other books. Taking the book's titular character into account, I'd chalk it up to a pretty good showing.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I think for it being Deadpool's book, Clint wasn't as incompetent as he could have been made out to be... or has been in other books. Taking the book's titular character into account, I'd chalk it up to a pretty good showing.
    He fell down like Dolph Ziggler taking a finisher while Kate landed perfectly fine and got beaten up pretty badly in his scuffle with Wade.

It's not exactly ideal I'd say

My Twitter

I have al aus been a fan of Hawkeye. But my love for him really gree when I started reading back issues of west coast avengers and solo aveng rs. I loved in solo avengers how he went after the gang in la. And really loved his rivaly with the usagent. Without a doubt the best hero on the he marvel roster. I haven't read any of the newer stuff as I am collecting back issues more then newer ones.

Well he will probably get idiot Clint who fail every time back... In West Coast Avengers... Who will lead a bunch of kids and be in a reality show... Yay...

So we go from leader for the resistance against Hydra to that...

It's actually hurting a lot.
    Favorite characters:

Pull List: