Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Anyone mind posting spoilers? Does Lucky/Arrow appear?

Just read Hawkeye vs Deadpool. I enjoyed it. It's a nice in-between arc/mini before All New started. They make a fun pairing. They could go further. I haven't read them in Secret Avengers yet.

Speaking of... Did we ever learn why Widow and Hawk joined the Secret Avengers in the previous volume? The redacted part.
    No, we never learned about Clint and Natasha's reasons for agreeing to join SHIELD's mind wipe program. Nick Spencer said he was going to deal with it in Avengers World, which didn't make any sense story-wise and it's pretty clear by now that he won't.

Hawkeye vs Deadpool was pretty fun, I'd also recommend checking out the current Secret Avengers run! Their interactions there have been pretty great, especially issue #7 where we get stuff like this:

A good start. Quirky enough to kind of fit with what came before, yet not trying to hard to mimic that run. The artwork is impressive, especially the flashback scenes. I like the water color effect.

Looking forward to the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    No, we never learned about Clint and Natasha's reasons for agreeing to join SHIELD's mind wipe program. Nick Spencer said he was going to deal with it in Avengers World, which didn't make any sense story-wise and it's pretty clear by now that he won't.

Hawkeye vs Deadpool was pretty fun, I'd also recommend checking out the current Secret Avengers run! Their interactions there have been pretty great, especially issue #7 where we get stuff like this:

I'm a TPB guy, so I get Secret Avengers but Deadpool's issues aren't out in TPB yet. Love that panel of Hawk teaching him how to shoot a bow. haha
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

really enjoyed this issue. Loved the flashback art. Doesn't give anything away on the fate of Barney, so will have to wait till the end of April to find that out.

IGN has a small interview with Jeff Lemire regarding Hawkeye where he said "there is a twist at the end of issue 5 that NO ONE is going to see coming".

I can't even speculate at this point since issue #1 was pretty straightforward, so maybe when Swordsman shows up?

Amazon has the TPB of All-New Hawkeye listed as Hawkeye vol 5. Thought it interesting they aren't releasing it as a new volume. I like that actually.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Amazon has the TPB of All-New Hawkeye listed as Hawkeye vol 5. Thought it interesting they aren't releasing it as a new volume. I like that actually.
    That's probably a mistake on their end, it's still too early for it to be solicited correctly and Marvel never does things like that. For every new #1 comes a new volume one collected edition.

That's probably a mistake on their end, it's still too early for it to be solicited correctly and Marvel never does things like that. For every new #1 comes a new volume one collected edition.
    They've done it in the past but not since Marvel Now I think.

Was Fraction's Volume 4? I can only think of 3 volumes prior to that one, unless they count that one mini that was repurposed as a one-shot as an actual volume. If they counted that, then Fraction's would be 5, and Lemire's would be 6.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Okay so...do we know if Barney is dead? I'm still trying to figure out how new book and old book are going to tie in. Also the ending of Hawkeye was a bit of a surprise for me. What is up with this "communication" thing and the um..trio that Kate found.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    Was Fraction's Volume 4? I can only think of 3 volumes prior to that one, unless they count that one mini that was repurposed as a one-shot as an actual volume. If they counted that, then Fraction's would be 5, and Lemire's would be 6.
    He was talking about the trade paperback numbering, not volumes as you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Okay so...do we know if Barney is dead? I'm still trying to figure out how new book and old book are going to tie in. Also the ending of Hawkeye was a bit of a surprise for me. What is up with this "communication" thing and the um..trio that Kate found.
    Won't know for sure until the last Fraction/Aja issue comes out eventually, unless the new series spoils it somehow since we'll probably see another two or three issues in the meantime.

He was talking about the trade paperback numbering, not volumes as you mean it.
    Ah gotcha, my mistake, thanks.

Though still no official announcement it seems, Diamond Select is releasing another Disney Store exclusive Marvel Select figure based on Matt Fraction and David Aja's Hawkeye run with alternate head, interchangeable pistol grip hand, pistol, compound bow and Lucky the pizza dog.

Yes, Lucky the pizza dog is getting an action figure.

Picture isn't clear enough, but I hope they really get the head right this time. Other figures based on this design like the Marvel Legends one or the Marvel Now! Avengers Kotobukiya ArtFX statue designed by Adi Granov failed in that regard. Hope this one actually captures Aja's Clint Barton and doesn't fall short.

The previous Jeremy Renner-based Hawkeye figure from the Avengers movie was spot on, so I have high hopes for this one.

Ha that's great. What's with the pistol?

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Hawkeye Fan? It's the United States, man--
    EV'rybody gotta have a gun! Bang! Bang! Shoot, shoot! Even characters who never use one, right? "Little kids'll never go for a character toy unless it has a pistol," and, "--you aginn thuh Secunt Amendmint there, mister?" Otherwise, I can't think of any good reason (not that that's a good reason, either). He's an archer; world's greatest archer. But he's an "American" archer, so he's gotta have a bang-bang. Pyoo! Pyoo!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet