Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cprops View Post
    Being a gigantic fan of the Matt Fraction and David Aja run, my production company made a Hawkeye short film based on their comic run. We just made it public a few hours ago and we’re very happy how it turned out. I really would appreciate it if you could check it out and see Clint and Kate in live action. AND LUCKY!

Thanks so much for taking the time.
    Really fun stuff, feels a lot like Fractions Comic. Thanks, this just made my evening.

Sooo I am resurrecting this thread because (I am a Hawkeye-fan, duh!) I wanted to ask you guys a question.

When exactly and in what comic did Hawkeye become a SHIELD Agent?
    I know he became a SHIELD Secret Avenger but that seemed to be more of a one-mission deal when I read it.
    And of course in the Ultimate Books he's been a SHIELD guy from the get-go but in the main Universe he (and others) even joke about how he isn't really a spy.

Honestly him getting kicked out of SHIELD in New Avengers was the best thing that series did for him so far and I hope it will stay that way after CWII.
    Plus: I really hope Team Hawkeye is a thing of the past for now. It worked well in Fractions Comic, it didn't workout at all in lemires disappointment of a Comi.
    It could work again in the feature but first both characters need to grow (or regrow) on their own in my opinion.

Oh, I've never seen this before. So cool to make an own thread for Bobbi ex-husband.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Oh, I've never seen this before. So cool to make an own thread for Bobbi ex-husband.
    Speaking of which, their interactions in the latest Mockingbird issue were pure gold.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 07-04-2016 at 04:55 PM.

Andy Park released his concept art for designs-that-almost-were for Hawkeye in "Captain America:Civil War". Clint could have had a mask...and NOT the good one.
    The look is inspired by the Hawkeye from Joe Madureira's run on The Ultimates.
    https://twitter.com/andyparkart/stat...31210391416832

Last edited by Thirteen; 07-04-2016 at 07:49 PM.

What does Bendis have against Hawkeye? He keeps killing him, and in Civil War II he has Tony say he's actually surprised Clint didn't die. I mean, come on .

And I so miss his classic costume. I think Clint's desperately due a new look, especially with how bland the SHIELD/Hitch look is and that movie Hawkeye has already gone through two more costumes since The Avengers.

With all this talk about a Marvel Rebirth, I'd be totally down for seeing Hawkeye get one. I wouldn't do anything to Kate, but I'd get rid of the SHIELD Agent stuff , get him back in his classic duds, and have Clint really start acting like himself again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What does Bendis have against Hawkeye? He keeps killing him, and in Civil War II he has Tony say he's actually surprised Clint didn't die. I mean, come on .

And I so miss his classic costume. I think Clint's desperately due a new look, especially with how bland the SHIELD/Hitch look is and that movie Hawkeye has already gone through two more costumes since The Avengers.

With all this talk about a Marvel Rebirth, I'd be totally down for seeing Hawkeye get one. I wouldn't do anything to Kate, but I'd get rid of the SHIELD Agent stuff , get him back in his classic duds, and have Clint really start acting like himself again.
    He actually said he likes Clint and Janet (I think) the most out of the Avengers in an Interview once. He also likes to give him key roles in his storys and as a Fan of the New Avengers books I didn't mind Ronin.
    It wasn't the best version of of the character but it wasn't a bad one either, his take on Barton who has death/resurrection issues worked for me.
    If the Variant Covers for CWII #4 and TA Hulks September Issue are anything to go by he'll get to play an important part again which at least can not be said for the current New Avengers and even his own most recent Solo Book.

While I think that Hawkeyes old custome looked a bit dated (he's featured in every 'worst superhero custome list' I have ever seen) I agree that the whole spy outfit doesn't quite do it for me.

@Thirteen: I actually think that looks awesome but I am not sure how much it would fit MCU Hawkeye at this point. It looks edgy and very 90-ish which was a good fit for the Ultimate Books in any case.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 07-04-2016 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post

@Thirteen: I actually think that looks awesome but I am not sure how much it would fit MCU Hawkeye at this point. It looks edgy and very 90-ish which was a good fit for the Ultimate Books in any case.
    I like the suit quite a bit just not the full face mask. If the time comes that Renner (or whatever actor succeeds him in the role of Clint in MCU) bows out or wants to decrease the commitment time to the role, the full face mask could be an easy work around to allow the role to be played primarily by a stuntman with voiceover. Heck, you could even add some expressions to the mask ala Deadpool (which very well could be the way the genre is going seeing how they adapted that to Spider-Man in "Civil War").

All things equal, I was quite happy with the half duster Renner wore as Clint in "Age of Ultron" as a nice compromise between the tunic and loin cloth of the comics and the tactical gear of a SHIELD agent in MCU. Some color, some flair, that's all I need...

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I like the suit quite a bit just not the full face mask. If the time comes that Renner (or whatever actor succeeds him in the role of Clint in MCU) bows out or wants to decrease the commitment time to the role, the full face mask could be an easy work around to allow the role to be played primarily by a stuntman with voiceover. Heck, you could even add some expressions to the mask ala Deadpool (which very well could be the way the genre is going seeing how they adapted that to Spider-Man in "Civil War").

All things equal, I was quite happy with the half duster Renner wore as Clint in "Age of Ultron" as a nice compromise between the tunic and loin cloth of the comics and the tactical gear of a SHIELD agent in MCU. Some color, some flair, that's all I need...
    Hawkeyes outfits definitly have gotten progressively better in the MCU so far. I think the Civil War one was the best yet mostly because it's blue and rocks the different sleeves. I think Renner also lost some weight which resulted in him looking more athlethic which fits the role.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I agree ESPECIALLY with said comicbook character wearing his mask again and getting rid of the SHIELD Agent stuff

I already mentioned that somewhere else today (probably the custome thread) but I could see Clint rocking a style like he does in this fanart:

Other than that I would be down with a House of M inspired Outfit, maybe with an upgrade for the mask seeing as the "horned" style looks a bit too retro compared to most other more recent Mask designs in every Superhero Comic ever.
    Whatever they decide to do, they really should leave the Robin Hood Boots behind if they go for an actual custome again at some point.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

BANNED

Since in the comic books Clint Barton had been Ronin I wouldn't mind that for the MCU Clint Barton to be in future installments of MCU movies.

BANNED

It is a clever solution to me were the full face mask apllied to allow the role to be played primarily by a stuntman with voiceover in order for Renner (or whatever actor succeeds him in the role of Clint in MCU) bows out or wants to decrease the commitment time to the role.

BANNED

The Age of Ultron outfit had some flair yes.

BANNED

Renner losing weight resulting in him looking more athletic makes it all the more natural for me to have the MCU Clint Barton eventually adopt the identity of the MCU Ronin.

BANNED

I'd love to see Clint Barton battle Sabretooth. He's as dangerous as they come!