Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Black Panther.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Surprised no one said She-Hulk.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Too many to count but I'd say:

The X-Men (minus Kitty Pryde who became pretty cool)
    Daredevil
    Iron Man
    Thor
    Doctor Doom
    Magneto
    Quicksilver
    Scarlet Witch
    Moon Knight
    Silver Surfer
    Doctor Strange

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Surprised no one said She-Hulk.
    My first thought.

UWvH set her up well enough, and they just never did anything with her.

Ultimate She-Hulk is the one that always jumps out at me too. Were I to take on an Ultimate title as writer I would have found a way to include her. She was different enough to be interesting, bit like an Ultimate Spider-Woman situation. New stories could come from her.

All-New Member

Probably Moon Knight... the Ultimate universe would have been a great place for him to do different stuff with its more mature universe, and instead they gave him a really weird plot and powers. Completely defeated the point.

I thought the Liberators were pretty awesome, I would have liked to see them come back. Same with the Red Guardian from Ultimate Nightmare.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Fantastic Member

The All New Ultimates as a unit, really.... I mean, they stood up at Cap's funeral, pledging to be the next generation of the Ultimates, then their first order of business is low level street crime. They've got a SHIELD trained Spider-Woman, Kitty Pryde, the former leader of the entire mutant nation, Miles who has all of the original spider powers plus invisibility and a venom blast (a bit OP there), then Cloak, Dagger, and Bombshell, none of whom are slouches at all. Why were they not taking on bigger threats? I don't get it.

Of course, the first reply to this is gonna be "Bendis."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dtxl View Post
    Probably Moon Knight... the Ultimate universe would have been a great place for him to do different stuff with its more mature universe, and instead they gave him a really weird plot and powers. Completely defeated the point.
    I thought his end game where he had to give up his identity to get the baddies put away was pretty cool though. Pretty big sacrifice for the rest of the heroes.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klefmung View Post
    The All New Ultimates as a unit, really.... I mean, they stood up at Cap's funeral, pledging to be the next generation of the Ultimates, then their first order of business is low level street crime. They've got a SHIELD trained Spider-Woman, Kitty Pryde, the former leader of the entire mutant nation, Miles who has all of the original spider powers plus invisibility and a venom blast (a bit OP there), then Cloak, Dagger, and Bombshell, none of whom are slouches at all. Why were they not taking on bigger threats? I don't get it.

Of course, the first reply to this is gonna be "Bendis."
    They were actually cleaning up the fallout from the dissolution of S.H.I.E.L.D. at the end of Cataclysm, said dissolution meaning that a lot of superhuman bioweapons tech that S.H.I.E.L.D. used to keep tightly locked up was ending up on the streets via the black market and being used to turn relatively minor street thugs into potentially serious superhuman threats to public safety. In a way, the All-New Ultimates were keeping to the mission statement of the original Ultimates, which was to protect the world, but primarily America, from the proliferation of super-powered terrorism and criminality.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    They were actually cleaning up the fallout from the dissolution of S.H.I.E.L.D. at the end of Cataclysm, said dissolution meaning that a lot of superhuman bioweapons tech that S.H.I.E.L.D. used to keep tightly locked up was ending up on the streets via the black market and being used to turn relatively minor street thugs into potentially serious superhuman threats to public safety. In a way, the All-New Ultimates were keeping to the mission statement of the original Ultimates, which was to protect the world, but primarily America, from the proliferation of super-powered terrorism and criminality.
    I just wish that they had given it a bigger feel than they had. The way the book read, it was like something Spider-Man would handle on your average Tuesday than something an entire team was needed for. Now the Hydra plot from Ultimate Spider-Man, that would've been something cool to see the Young Ultimates tackle.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Tony Stark ba-dum-tish
    I just saw that this was a thread and came in to say this, past me beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    100% agree. There was no need for him to suddenly regret his actions, his characterisation throughout Hickman's and Fialkov's Ultimates was fantastic, only to be undone as soon as Cataclysm happened.
    I know that was the way he was shown in the last UFF run but when you read New Avengers the you see him madder and crazier then ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magii View Post
    eh, didn't he do all that because kang told him it would save the world?
    I didn't read the story but the wiki says something similar from what I read but this is after Ultimate Mystery from the way the story was written(in the wiki) it sounds a bit like that female Kang could be a future version of Susan Storm or something like that. The Maker seems always subconsciously to seek a world where he and Susan could be together again because of that things will never turn out the way he likes.

I personaly don't like the idea of the villian Reed Richards properly because if I want to see some cruelty and madness I only need to reads some news these days while all entertainment medias seems to do the same.