Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Bleeeeeh that ending sucked. spoilers:
    Really everything after they shoehorned in the romance was pretty meh. Especially after the future we saw years ago in Jack and the Travelling Creatures, this finale was disappointing. The last few episodes felt like they were just ticking off boxes with no real soul. The romance bugs me the most though, it's a drastic shift in gears after they set Jack up as a mentor (honestly, I was sort of figuring Jack might bite it and pass the sword to Ashi). They try to race through this relationship arc in the space of like half an episode and then OH NO AKU IS CONTROLLING HER. Her death in the end is so by-the-numbers that the only thing it succeeds in is sucking the last bit of soul out of a character I was pretty hopeful for in the beginning.

Really bugs me that he ends up going back in time and killing Aku too, 'cause if they were still gonna have him go back in time, god why not give us awesome grey old Emperor Jack?
    end of spoilers
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Bleeeeeh that ending sucked. spoilers:
    Really everything after they shoehorned in the romance was pretty meh. Especially after the future we saw years ago in Jack and the Travelling Creatures, this finale was disappointing. The last few episodes felt like they were just ticking off boxes with no real soul. The romance bugs me the most though, it's a drastic shift in gears after they set Jack up as a mentor (honestly, I was sort of figuring Jack might bite it and pass the sword to Ashi). They try to race through this relationship arc in the space of like half an episode and then OH NO AKU IS CONTROLLING HER. Her death in the end is so by-the-numbers that the only thing it succeeds in is sucking the last bit of soul out of a character I was pretty hopeful for in the beginning.

Really bugs me that he ends up going back in time and killing Aku too, 'cause if they were still gonna have him go back in time, god why not give us awesome grey old Emperor Jack?
    end of spoilers

More episodes could've gone a long way in helping flush out the story, and probably give us a more satisfying conclusion to the story. They just had to much crap to pack into ten half-hour episodes, and really give a satisfying conclusion.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.