BANNED

Default Cast a VG Siskel and Ebert.

Siskel and Ebert at the movies was a show where two movie critics from two rival publications (perhaps inspired by Pauline Kael and Andrew Sarris debating on tv and radio) debated over the movies that came out each week. It ran for over 30 years.

If someone was to do something like that today for video games, which two game critics from two different sites would you chose?

I'm thinking Jim Sterling and Angry Joe.

Adam Sessler and Yahtzee.

BANNED

Video games don't seem to have a Siskel and Ebert to do that with. Wouldn't want to see Adam Sessler do anything like that at all, although it would be funny to see someone call bullshit when he goes crazy hyperbolic in a review. Angry Joe doesn't really seem like the best reviewer.

Guess I would go with Erik Kain, maybe also Dan Hsu.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Video games don't seem to have a Siskel and Ebert to do that with.
    Neither did Film really before At The Movies. It was an experiment with the two young film critics who happened to live in the same city and happened to write for rival publications. Their chemistry was a strike of luck, that hard as they tried they could never replicate.

Wouldn't want to see Adam Sessler do anything like that at all, although it would be funny to see someone call bullshit when he goes crazy hyperbolic in a review. Angry Joe doesn't really seem like the best reviewer.

Guess I would go with Erik Kain, maybe also Dan Hsu.[
    And that would make a hell of a show, exactly like S&E, two very well spoken guys calling each other's bullshit. That's why I wanted Jim Sterling and Angry Joe. They are so opposite to one another that they would surely clash in great ways.

Do you guys think that a show like that would have any level of success, though?

Astonishing Member

I'd rather have Siskel and Ebert themselves review video games than any 'gaming personality' I can think of.

"Did ya hear about Zoe Quinn's Depression Quest?"
    "More like Zoe Quinn's Quest For Quock!"
    "Dohohohoh!"

Deepest apologies to any rooster-owners

EDIT-oh jeez I forgot this wasn't Statler and Waldorf

In order for us to have a Siskel and Ebert for video games we'd actually need to have someone who understands the video game medium and what makes a good game, and as far as I know very few developers exist that can pinpoint that. Maybe Hideki Kamiya and a western dev like John Carmack or someone from Retro
    Last edited by CatAttacker; 09-20-2014 at 10:42 PM. Reason: This is not podracing!