Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Default Supergirl: Futures End #1 Preview/Discussion

http://www.comicosity.com/exclusive-...futures-end-1/

I like the art, but this is quite eyebrow raising with what happened to Supergirl. Like Batgirl, she needs a new direction and hopefully this upcoming switch in writers in the key to that.

I may buy this for my collection, but skip reading it beyond a quick glance of each page.
    Really not caring for what I see here, but I do like the on going Supergirl book;
    hoping for good things to come.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

GRANT MORRISON'S ACTION COMICS STILL LIVES!!!!!

Neo Sapiens! Now where's Comet and Susie?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Yeah, I'll probably be passing on this one.

I didn't buy "Rage-aholic Ring Slinger Supergirl." I'm sure as Hell not going to buy "Kara of Borg."
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Fantastic Member

Well this is weird. I hope this is better than last year's Cyborg Superman issue, which was pretty dull. Great to see Lupacchino back on a full issue, I'm looking forward to having her teamed up with Johnson and Perkins in November. I think she deserves a more interesting colourist for her art though.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

What are Neo Sapiens, then?

Astonishing Member

Mutants, basically, though they tend to be united by the fact that they have an expanded consciousness and new senses, rather than the completely random mutations of Marvel's mutants.

Captain Comet was always comics' first mutant (or one of them), and his thing was that he was a man born 100,000 years too early.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Man I hope Captain Comet is in this. Anyway, I'll be reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

Yes! That's super cool. It's a great idea that I was hoping DC didn't just forget about. Really hoping Captain Comet makes an appearance.

Still not a fan of the New 52 Cyborg Superman design. At least they got rid of the ridiculous elongated arm. I really wish they'd go back to the more skeletal face. Such a cool contrast having that death like face wearing the symbol of hope.

If they're in Kansas, then Comet seems pretty likely to be the guy they're looking for. They're not going to find him though unless he becomes aware of their plot and shows up. I'd like to see an older Susie show up with him too. Comet and Susie vs. Cyborg Superman and Cyborg Supergirl.

Astonishing Member

I know the next arc is independent of Bedard, but it would make sense for one or two (or all) of the Neo-Sapiens to be members of that cosmically important academy Supergirl is going to, given that they're all meant to be the next stage of evolution for their planets.

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    I know the next arc is independent of Bedard, but it would make sense for one or two (or all) of the Neo-Sapiens to be members of that cosmically important academy Supergirl is going to, given that they're all meant to be the next stage of evolution for their planets.
    This will be uber cool

Astonishing Member

Certainly hoping so!

Re member

Quote Originally Posted by confusiongrows View Post
    Well this is weird. I hope this is better than last year's Cyborg Superman issue, which was pretty dull. Great to see Lupacchino back on a full issue, I'm looking forward to having her teamed up with Johnson and Perkins in November. I think she deserves a more interesting colourist for her art though.
    I agree. Cyborg Superman, overwhelming daddy issues, hates Earth, villain in her own book, being controlled, this looks like more of the same thing we've seen for the last couple of years. At this point I'm really ready to see what Perkins and Johnson can bring to the table. I just hope they're allowed to tell their stories and not get wrapped around the axle of more events, crossovers, and so forth like what happened to Bedard, Nelson, and Johnson the last time.

This is just horrible writing. Kara needs a new direction and becoming part of the Borg Collective is not one. SMDH.

This was a surprisingly positive tale. I liked it.