Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member

This wasn't bad. Definitely better than the Villains month issue, not that that's saying much. Lupacchino is a good fit for this book and I liked the colouring here too. I didn't think the story was great, but it certainly did a decent enough job for a flash-forward story and had some good bits. My main issue is that there should have been more flashback (like Batgirl's issue) which would have contextualised Captain Comet and the Wanderers better, and also I don't like that 4+ years of the 5-year gap was spent with the Cyborg and Brainiac. If it was say, 2 years, there'd be more actual stuff before that to reveal and that would be more interesting. But this was a lot better than the pointless Worlds Finest issue last week, as this actually did at least show that Kara's actually been doing something and meeting people in the gap, her friends are the ones who come to her aid, and the antagonist is one of her own villains. The amount of fight scene is almost comparable, but it feels like there were stakes here - WF was just filling pages.

Astonishing Member

I was really pleased to see Captain Comet and the Wanderers again. Morrison's run was a goldmine as far as concepts to play with, but the "Other Superman" was always one of the strongest elements of it (well, that and Phantom King - that guy is amazing).

I know it's a potential future, but I'd like for Comet to show up in Supergirl's title.

Also, he's hardly the first "Comet" to have a romantic relationship with Supergirl! GENIUS!
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I found it just okay.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I was actually giddy to see the Cap'n back. Not enough Morrison Comet in comics for me.

Supergirl and the Wanderers... sounds like a nice vibe and definitely like Captain Comet with the Neo Sapiens. Though, weren't the Neo Sapiens evolved humans? Need to recheck the Morrison stuff but I thought they were that and not all evolved beings from various worlds.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Nope beings from all over

Loved the fact that they used Grant's Captain Comet!

But I can't stand the new Cyborg Superman. I really miss this guy:

He was far creepier.

Hank Henshaw was the best. Tragic and creepy as well as being DCs Mr. Fantastic in terms of origin. I don't mind maybe Zor-El have skeletons in his closet that haunt Kara but his Cyborg Superman of the New 52 seems lame to me. I just don't like it and nothing has happened that changed my mind about that.

Plus there was just something very unsettling about that face with the "symbol of hope" on his chest.

I prefer the old design, but I think the new one has plenty of room to be creepy, he's just not really drawn as such. He's drawn more monotone and emotionless as opposed to maniacal. A mix of the two would be preferable. They just need to end the Zor-El identity experiment sooner than later. Give it a big payoff with with a cool Supergirl story, I'm not suggesting just drop it, but Zor-El definitely needs to categorically be dead.