Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Elektra, #6

• The second arc of the critically-acclaimed ongoing Elektra series pits Elektra against an enraged Assassin's Guild.
    • After her life-and-death battles with Cape Crow, Bloody Lips, Lady Bullseye and Scalphunter, Elektra vows to take the fight to the Guild itself.
    • It's Elektra vs. the World as she begins hunting down the Guild's agents before they can find her and her allies.

Full article here.

Still enjoying Blackman's writing, and while it sucks that Del Mundo isn't doing this issue, this artist is interesting. Except for the fact that he gave her heels for god knows what reason.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Eh.... not even close to a fitting replacement. Oh well, the story is the story.

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

Wait. I thought Blizzard was captured by Shield. I guess Medusa demanded that all Inhumans that are under Shield custody to be release or Infinity: The Heist isn't canon anymore.

Well it's no Del Mundo, but this doesn't look too bad.

Gotta say though, the Assassins Guild has pretty weak standards for membership. I mean, Crossbones, sure, I get that, a previous Boomerang was with them before, and I can accept Whiplash, but Shocker, Whirlwind and Jack O'Lantern seem a bit too...not silly but perhaps too familiar as more classic bank-robber villains to convince as proper hitmen.

Eh, whatevs, buying this. Even though I was really hoping to have a week without a comics run for a change...

Of course Del Mundo is better, but he's one of the best in the business. They'd have to hire JH Williams III as a fill-in to make everyone happy, LOL.
    I like this artist, he drew Katana. I remember being impressed by his work because I had never heard of him before. He actually reminds me of some of the new Young Guns.

The art drop off isn't as bad as I feared it would be. Looks like he tries to emulate what Del Mundo had done and well...that's quite difficult to do. Still picking up as I like what Blackman has done so far.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Well it's no Del Mundo, but this doesn't look too bad.

Gotta say though, the Assassins Guild has pretty weak standards for membership. I mean, Crossbones, sure, I get that, a previous Boomerang was with them before, and I can accept Whiplash, but Shocker, Whirlwind and Jack O'Lantern seem a bit too...not silly but perhaps too familiar as more classic bank-robber villains to convince as proper hitmen.

Eh, whatevs, buying this. Even though I was really hoping to have a week without a comics run for a change...
    While some of the members of the AG seem a little....non-assassin-y, I like how in these two pages, we see Elektra actually interacting with more of the MU than she normally does (I wonder how many of these characters she killed?). Also, her knowledge of the Inhumans makes her feel more connected too. She's not just off in her own niche corner, unaware of what's been going on in the world around her.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    While some of the members of the AG seem a little....non-assassin-y, I like how in these two pages, we see Elektra actually interacting with more of the MU than she normally does (I wonder how many of these characters she killed?). Also, her knowledge of the Inhumans makes her feel more connected too. She's not just off in her own niche corner, unaware of what's been going on in the world around her.
    Yeah that was a nice nod to the wider MU without getting too detailed. It's a nice touch to have.

Olivier Coipiel could be the fill in artist and it would still be a drop in quality lol! Having said that art isn't bad, but Del Mundo better be back for issue #7.

I would almost bet, since this is just a two issue arc, that Sanchez will do 7 as well. So long as Del Mundo is back when Elektra takes on SHIELD to get to Bullseye.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Olivier Coipiel could be the fill in artist and it would still be a drop in quality lol! Having said that art isn't bad, but Del Mundo better be back for issue #7.
    I like Del Mundo but maybe sales are better with the NEW one... keep the NEW one if sales are better cause I want at least a third arc

We'll definitely get a third ar . Since they haven't announced the status of the book yet and #9 will likely soon be solicited, we might get 12 issues. So, depending on its structure the last arc could be up to five issues. Or more if Marvel is feeling generous

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    I would almost bet, since this is just a two issue arc, that Sanchez will do 7 as well. So long as Del Mundo is back when Elektra takes on SHIELD to get to Bullseye.
    Yeah I just noticed that it's a two parter so it would make sense for Sanchez to do both issues.

Outside of the heels he put on Elektra, I like his art; I think I would actually prefer to see him handle both issues.