Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Thor: God of Thunder, #25

• Redefining the word "epic," it's the god-sized 25th issue of THOR: GOD OF THUNDER featuring an amazing artistic line-up!
    • Young Thor vs. Frost Giants!
    • The untold origin of Malekith the Accursed!
    • King Thor's granddaughters uncover a startling secret chapter from the history of the Thunder God!
    • Thor deals with the shocking fall-out from ORIGINAL SIN!

Full article here.

BANNED

Hopefully Aaron explicitly featuring an old Thor with Mjolnir will get people to shut up about this very clearly temporary change. Just enjoy the ride.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

I wonder if the granddaughters aren't supposed to know about this bit of history, because it concerns one of them personally?
    "Self has no time for this."

BANNED

sadly, my last issue of Thor.

Aaron's run was great. some of the best Thor i've ever read.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by crossbones View Post
    sadly, my last issue of Thor.

Aaron's run was great. some of the best Thor i've ever read.
    You know he's still writing Thor after this, right?

And Thor Odinson will still be in it, no less. Some people's over the top reactions to this story make me roll my eyes.

I think this looks great. so, this book they're reading 'fell from the sky' huh? that's not suspicious *at all* and yeah this pretty much just makes me more sure than ever that Frigg picks up the hammer... but she may be a red herring.

And we must speak of Loki's costume. That is not his Agent of Asgard costume, it's got elements of his Siege costume, as well as some brand new elements, and the broken horn from the Tenth Realm cover. It intrigues me.

*edited to add - also on the subject of costumes, It just dawned on me that the Lady Thor's costume has elements taken from King Thor, mainly the gorget and the brown 'skirt' thing, which lends further support to her being Frigg.

Also, is that the Hel-wolf? oooh, yes I think we definitely are seeing some JIM loose ends tied up.
    Last edited by Raye; 09-12-2014 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    I wonder if the granddaughters aren't supposed to know about this bit of history, because it concerns one of them personally?
    I wonder if the lady Thor will be their grandmother?

BANNED

This almost guarantees to me it is not Frigg. The change in her look to almost mirror Thor in this issue seems too intentional. Looking forward to it anyhow, but I hope the "mystery" doesn't last too long.

BANNED

That one double-page spread needs to be made into a poster. It's awesome! Verily, 'tis true!

Amazing Member

Yes, but that's not Thor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hunterrose64 View Post
    yes, but that's not thor.
    quoted for truth!!!!

I'll be back when she's gone.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hunterrose64 View Post
    Yes, but that's not Thor.
    He is still in the book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    not the kind of Thor i wanna read about.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderingHammer View Post
    I'll be back when she's gone.
    me too, probably.

Fantastic Member

I see Gladiator is there, probably to be jobbed by Lady Thor the way is he jobbed by regular Thor. Poor guy. I wish he'd get his own series where beating up Gladiator to establish how tough you are won't be the regular shortcut.

I have no problem with "Lady Thor" at all. Personally, I hope it's Valkyrie. It's obvious that this is just a temporary situation so I'm not sure why Thor fans are getting upset. It's not like "One More Day" which was explicitly designed to undo Spiderman's marriage for good.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunN View Post
    I see Gladiator is there, probably to be jobbed by Lady Thor the way is he jobbed by regular Thor. Poor guy. I wish he'd get his own series where beating up Gladiator to establish how tough you are won't be the regular shortcut.

I have no problem with "Lady Thor" at all. Personally, I hope it's Valkyrie. It's obvious that this is just a temporary situation so I'm not sure why Thor fans are getting upset. It's not like "One More Day" which was explicitly designed to undo Spiderman's marriage for good.
    I imagine it's because after years of not having good Thor stories and seeing him jobbed right, left, and centre, Thor fans finally got a good run of Thor stories where he kicks some ass, only to have him shunted from the spotlight in his own book. It could be a good storyline where Thor claws his way back to being one of Marvel's top-hitters... but then again, it could be just a case of Marvel trying to push another new female character and not caring too much about Thor at all.

Yeah it's temporary, but I don't blame Thor's fan-base for being annoyed at him having to share the limelight with another Thor-knock-off just when they're getting a run of quality stories. There really doesn't seem to be much passion for Thor at Marvel at the moment.