Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

My money is still on Jane Foster as the new Thor. This preview at least confirms that it is NOT one of his granddaughters from the future.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterrose64 View Post
    Yes, but that's not Thor.
    Kind of silly to leave a book where you think the writer just had one of the best runs you've seen. Why would you think he couldn't follow it up with another "worthy" story? As was mentioned, the classic Thor will still appear and this will undoubtedly be an important chapter in his mythos as well.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    My money is still on Jane Foster as the new Thor.
    But the new Thor personally travels to the moon to pick up Mjolnir. And is already wearing a red cape. That doesn't sound very Jane Foster to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    But the new Thor personally travels to the moon to pick up Mjolnir. And is already wearing a red cape. That doesn't sound very Jane Foster to me.
    Well, Jane does live on Asgard now and is becoming bff's with Thor's mom. It seems the most natural transition since she's already seeing a shift in her status quo.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderingHammer View Post
    quoted for truth!!!!

I'll be back when she's gone.
    That's too bad, and hopefully not too many take this approach (which guessing from the orders thankfully it seems not). I am not thrilled with the change but I have faith this will all come together as Aaron has said he has a long-form plan and this has always been part of it.
    I am looking at this as if now all three versions of Thor will be in one book and interacting. The young Thor (female), current and King Thor (Odinson). Odinson seems to be taking the place of current/future arcs and this will be the story more about his redepmtion to carry the hammer once more than it will be able NuThor and her secrets...plus, we know he has a child with someone at some point and they do not seem to know the names of his Earther trysts (I think that says something).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Yeah it's temporary, but I don't blame Thor's fan-base for being annoyed at him having to share the limelight with another Thor-knock-off just when they're getting a run of quality stories. There really doesn't seem to be much passion for Thor at Marvel at the moment.
    All the THORs are imaginary actually. And based on an imaginary Myth.

Quote Originally Posted by brainwasher View Post
    I'm really not sure how what you said relates to what I said. I don't think I suggested that Thor was a real figure, so I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

Kind of silly to leave a book where you think the writer just had one of the best runs you've seen. Why would you think he couldn't follow it up with another "worthy" story? As was mentioned, the classic Thor will still appear and this will undoubtedly be an important chapter in his mythos as well.
    Kind of silly to bring another person's preferences into question.

Oh, well. Looks interesting enough but I hope this phase goes by quicker than expected after the initial frisson! Old King Thor bores me. All of these "futures" currently running in Marvel and DC...I admit it...can't, won't, don't keep track of it all.

Not Aaron's biggest fan but he has the reigns so what can I do? I'm on board ... it is Thor after all...she does have a decent character design. But I keep seeing a W on the helmet. Wonder Thor?

couple of things: the grand-daughters recognizing the hammer? Surprising because...Well, it looks different in every artist's version in this preview! What's with the new metal pommel (?) she's got on it? Something she saw at Ace Hardware? Or the bargain bins at PepBoys? (I'm still waiting for the crooked handle to make its appearance from the myths. )

And in that double page spread, what is going on with Ulik's naughty bits? Shrinkage or some more transgender magicks?

Hey, but good old "billion billions of hatred" is back. This I like!

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

My initial thought on who the new Thor will be was his granddaughter Frigg. I like the idea of Jane Foster being her as well. Who knows? Maybe it's both. Jane Foster with her cane and Frigg with her Hammer. That would be a cool throwback to Donald Blake.

A real red herring showed up in Avengers World recently and had me thinking it might be Torunn, Thor and Sif's future daughter.

Either way this is interesting, cool and good for as long as it lasts. I'm just glad that Thor the Unworthy will be in this book as well. Win/win!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by brainwasher View Post
    This reminds me of Gillen's JiM...the FEELS!

Does Loki look a bit more like his old self in that preview?

Quote Originally Posted by DocSpin View Post
    Kind of silly to bring another person's preferences into question.
    Yes, let's suspend all commentary. I was merely pointing out what seemed to be a dissonance in that person's "preference," since he liked Aaron's work on Thor so much but was still dropping the book.

If this wasn't a new number one and the story just progressed this way, would it still get dropped?

Fantastic Member

Yes, let's suspend all commentary. I was merely pointing out what seemed to be a dissonance in that person's "preference," since he liked Aaron's work on Thor so much but was still dropping the book.

If this wasn't a new number one and the story just progressed this way, would it still get dropped?
    Most likely it would not. Sounds like he does like the new direction and that is certainly his or hers provocative.

BANNED

I'm really interested in this all new thor, not a Thor reader right now.

All-New Member

I've said it once and I'll say it again: I think it's Sif. She could make it to the moon, she wears a cape, Thor has saved her before in the past, she's always admired him as a warrior and a hero, AND her hair was blonde when she was born. Not to mention the great but short lived spotlight in JiM.

Well, Jane does live on Asgard now and is becoming bff's with Thor's mom. It seems the most natural transition since she's already seeing a shift in her status quo.
    But i n preview pages for Thor #1, Freyja is on the moon with an obviously distraught Thor. I know she has been up to some somewhat shady things lately, but secretly arranging to have Jane pick up the hammer and for both of them to not tell Thor about it is kinda extra low. Also, how could be certain that Jane would even be worthy? I mean, yeah they may need someone to wield it until Thor gets it together to be worthy again, but if it was Jane under the guidance of Freyja, they should at least be upfront with him about it so that he doesn't think some stranger has come along and stolen it in addition to everything else.