Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default "Doctor Albert W. Wily, you have the ability to instill great fear. Welcome to the Sinestro Corps."

A Yellow Power Ring finds Dr. Wily and inducts him into the Sinestro Corps. Dr. Wily successfully completes Sinestro Corps boot camp (as of pre-Blackest Night). He returns to Earth to battle Mega Man. What happens in this fight, and what happens to Earth?

P.S. If you do not think Dr. Wily is capable of instilling fear, then read the full version of the warning left on X's capsule by the late Dr. Thomas X. Light.
    Last edited by Ultra_Sonic; 09-11-2014 at 11:24 PM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i'm sorry but i'm not seeing wily instilling that much fear in anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    When i find the full version of the warning, I will post it here. Light suggested that if X were to turn against humanity, it would cause fear that would eclipse anything that was felt during the Dr. Wily incidents.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra_Sonic View Post
    When i find the full version of the warning, I will post it here. Light suggested that if X were to turn against humanity, it would cause fear that would eclipse anything that was felt during the Dr. Wily incidents.
    that's more of a fear of X than a fear of wily.

wily is a troublesome genius who seems to be able to get the world to trust him despite how many times he's tried to take over the world, but fearsome to the level of guys sinestro? uh-uh.
    Last edited by master of read; 09-12-2014 at 06:25 AM.

Wily might be a total monster (you have to be to use the Evil Energy), but he's not really feared. Otherwise he wouldn't be able to play the good guy in every other game even though they should know better. People OUGHT to fear Wily, as he's responsible for the destruction of the human race, but they just don't.

But I imagine a Yellow Devil the size of a planet made from solidified fear will fix that real quick.

I wonder if Megaman can power copy Lantern Rings...

I can say that Wily was feared--not only due to that warning, but as far back as/even in the original Mega Man game, if you use robots to tear up a major city, people are going to be scared (MM1, MM5, MM7, MM10, RMW5, etc.).

Not to mention during the events of Mega Man VI, Dr. Wily (disguised as Mr. X) caused mass panic when he announced that he seized the 8 finalists of the robot tournament and reprogrammed them to conquer the world.
    Last edited by Ultra_Sonic; 09-12-2014 at 09:46 AM.

I can say that Wily was feared--not only due to that warning, but as far back as/even in the original Mega Man game, if you use robots to tear up a major city, people are going to be scared (MM1, MM5, MM7, MM10, RMW5, etc.).
    Not to mention during the events of Mega Man VI, Dr. Wily (disguised as Mr. X) caused mass panic when he announced that he seized the 8 finalists of the robot tournament and reprogrammed them to conquer the world.
    but when compared to the rest of the sinestro corps, he comes up short as to causing outright fear by his name and presence. sinestro kept his home planet under his rule through fear of him. hell, he all but laugh in atrocius' face when he tried to scare him with torture saying that he was scared of nothing and was fear itself. superboy prime was fearsome because he had all that power and the mentality of a emo teen who willing murdered anyone who got in his way and he rationalized it as "i can do whatever i want because i'm gonna be superman!". scarecrow was the master of fear because he studied fear all his life and had a better understanding of it than most.

compared to them, wily is just a mad scientist with a big ego and delusions of grandeur, similar to guys like doc ock or lex luthor. he is dangerous, sure enough but fearsome? i doubt it very much.

but when compared to the rest of the sinestro corps, he comes up short as to causing outright fear by his name and presence. sinestro kept his home planet under his rule through fear of him. hell, he all but laugh in atrocius' face when he tried to scare him with torture saying that he was scared of nothing and was fear itself. superboy prime was fearsome because he had all that power and the mentality of a emo teen who willing murdered anyone who got in his way and he rationalized it as "i can do whatever i want because i'm gonna be superman!". scarecrow was the master of fear because he studied fear all his life and had a better understanding of it than most.

compared to them, wily is just a mad scientist with a big ego and delusions of grandeur, similar to guys like doc ock or lex luthor. he is dangerous, sure enough but fearsome? i doubt it very much.

I agree with you. In his universe, Wily is feared-- but in the eyes of most SCs, Wily would be a complete Joke. Hell, even Voldemort was so feared in his universe, the general Wizarding population wouldn't dare speak his name! Even Rockman World 5 suggested that the world had forgotten who Dr. Wily was until the Stardroid attack.
    Last edited by Ultra_Sonic; 09-12-2014 at 10:28 AM.

I agree with you. In his universe, Wily is feared-- but in the eyes of most SCs, Wily would be a complete Joke. Hell, even Voldemort was so feared in his universe, the general Wizarding population wouldn't dare speak his name! Even Rockman World 5 suggested that the world had forgotten who Dr. Wily was until the Stardroid attack.
    wily isn't so much feared as he is dangerous. i mean, if he were truly feared, the world wouldn't trust him after each time he tries to take over the world.

now guys like nega duck and the joker? those guys are scary and rightfully so.

BANNED

Looking at him..he is an old man. So, I totally fear that he might crap his pants or something around me. Adult diapers FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Looking at him..he is an old man. So, I totally fear that he might crap his pants or something around me. Adult diapers FTW.
    Pretty much.

I'm widely regarded as a 'cool trend' (I'm Cthulhu) nowadays, and I instill more fear than this geezer. I mean, you don't trust a Yellow Lantern. But the idiots in the Megaman-verse trust him every other week.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Pretty much.

I'm widely regarded as a 'cool trend' (I'm Cthulhu) nowadays, and I instill more fear than this geezer. I mean, you don't trust a Yellow Lantern. But the idiots in the Megaman-verse trust him every other week.
    but.............he says he's sorry.

I think the problem is Megaman. He's way too efficient. Wily shows up with an army raining havoc on the populace and devastating the economy...for about a day. Then Megaman trounces him and it's months before he's seen again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Pretty much.

Plus yellow is just a terrible color. Everyone knows this, just look at Starburst: the worst flavor is the yellow one. That is no coincidence.