Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Most Anticipated Upcoming Image Title

As the title suggests, I wanted to see what you guys are anticipating from Image in the coming months. As you know Image has been knocking it out of the park lately with almost all their books (the ones I read at least) because an absolute treat to read. So in the spirit on new titles I wanted to ask which upcoming title are you most anticipating from Image? and why? Below I put down a list of the ones that I know of but let me know if I have left anything off the list.

• 8House (Graham/Rios and co)
    • Birthright (Williamson/Bressan/Lucas)
    • Bitch Planet (DeConnick/Landro)
    • Cutter (Napton/Fahey/Dibari)
    • Descender (Lemire/Nguyen)
    • Drifter (Brando/Klein)
    • Feel Better Now (Hickman)
    • Goners (Semahn/Corona)
    • Injection (Ellis/Shalvey/Bellaire)
    • Intersect (Fawkes)
    • Invisible Republic (Hardman/Bechko)
    • Nameless (Morrison/Burnham)
    • Oddly Normal (Frampton)
    • Ody-C (Fraction/Ward)
    • Punks: The Comic (Fialkov/Chamberlain)
    • Rasputin (Grecian/Rossmo/Plascencia)
    • Restoration (Willingham/Kitson)
    • Roche Limit (Moreci/Malhotra)
    • Sinergy (Oeming/Soma)
    • The Humans (Keller/Neely)
    • The Li'l Depressed Boy: Supposed to be there Too (Struble/Grace)
    • Tooth and Claw (Busiek/Dewey)
    • Valhalla Mad (Casey/Maybury)
    • Wolf (Kot/Taylor)
    • Wytches (Snyder/Jock)

For me personally I absolutely can not wait for Wytches because I'm just a sucker for horror comics and from the preview this looks like it will be a winner.
    Last edited by Davenex; 09-12-2014 at 09:28 AM. Reason: added missing titles and alphabetized
    Black Science, Copperhead, Deadly Class, East of West, The Fade Out, Five Ghosts, Ghosted, Injustice, Invincible, Lazarus, Manifest Destiny, Nailbiter, Outcast, Saga, Southern Bastards, Spread,The Walking Dead, Wayward, XO Manowar

Amazing Member

Wolf by Ales Kot and Matt Taylor (a still-unannounced project that got mentioned by both creators on Twitter)
    Nameless by Grant Morrison and Chris Burnham
    8House by Brandon Graham, Emma Rios, and many others.
    Wytches by Scott Snyder and Jock

Amazing Member

Right now...

Wytches and Rasputin.

Rasputin has always been an interesting character, and while Mignola had some fun with the character, it sounds like Grecian is going to do something far more exciting.

And Wytches, well, I need a new horror series since the Hack/Slash mini is wrapping up in two more issues.
    Funny Books That Currently Have My Attention (for now): Can't think of a single one...

Gonna go with Drifter by Ivan Brandon and Injection by Warren Ellis and the creative art team from Moon Knight. Drifter, because it's a seems to be a space western, and even though Copperhead just released, it sounds like it'll be very different. And Injection really because of the re-teaming of Ellis, Shalvey, and Bellaire.

Probably Wytches, being a horror from Snyder and with art by Jock, or 8House. Prophet has got me real excited for more sci-fi from Graham.

Yeah for me 8House is the big one too. Prophet has been stellar and Multiple Warheads is my favourite comic, period. Graham has a knack for getting great talent involved, I mean have you SEEN the creative team for 8House: From Under Mountains?! Very promising.
    ODY-C is another one. I like Fraction, I like Ward, I like genderbent versions of stories, I like space weirdness. If this isn't at the very least "okay" I will be rather disappointed.
    Anyone heard any news about The Great Beyond yet? Morgan Jeske was attached to draw that, so I'm on board. Been quiet for a while though.

Then there's a few more I'm keeping an eye on, like Tooth & Claw (not usually a fantasy guy), Intersect (art looks FANTASTIC but will the story be good?) and Tokyo Ghost (but that's still quite a while off).
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

8Hooouuuse.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Gonna go with Drifter by Ivan Brandon and Injection by Warren Ellis and the creative art team from Moon Knight. Drifter, because it's a seems to be a space western, and even though Copperhead just released, it sounds like it'll be very different. And Injection really because of the re-teaming of Ellis, Shalvey, and Bellaire.
    I'm glad someone else is most hyped up about Drifter, after Copperhead I'm so pumped for another space western. This one seems a little more serious in tone so I'm very anxious to check out. Also Brandon Graham's 8House is going to be terrific.

There's so many titles from Image that are coming out each week I don't know how anyone can sample them all. Got to read the reviews here and see what everyone thinks before deciding on a new title to add to pull. There's a few titles I'm interested in but nothing really jumped out at me yet besides the two mentioned. Then again this year there were a ton of titles that I was just lukewarm towards when I first saw them solicited and have completely blown me away, Southern Bastards, God Hates Astronauts, Nailbiter, Wayward. Hopefully the coming months will be the same.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Wytches
    Bitch Planet
    Ody-C
    Nameless
    Tokyo Ghost
    Descender
    Injection
    Feel Better Now
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    Wytches
    Bitch Planet
    Ody-C
    Nameless
    Tokyo Ghost
    Descender
    Injection
    Feel Better Now
    This is the new Hickman book, right? It sounds really crazy. I have a bachelors in Psych and currently studying mental health so I'm definitely looking forward to this.

Incredible Member

My most anticipated Image book is easily one in which you did not list...Restoration by Bill Willingham. I am hoping this series will be the second coming of Fables (though I wish he would just stick with writing that book forever).

Other than that, I am looking forward to Tokyo Ghosts, Descender, Valhalla Mad, Wytches, Roche Limit, 8House, Drifter, and Ody-C (in that order) with great anticipation.

To a lesser extend, I am anticipating giving Tooth & Claw, Southern Cross, Injection, Invisible Republic, The Great Beyond, Paradigms, and Cerulean a shot to make my monthly reading list, and anticipate a few of those sticking.

I would be much more excited about Paradigms, Cerulean and The Great Beyond if I thought they were actually real books that are being written. But as it stands now though, until we hear something even vaguely concrete about these books, I am going to assume Nick Spencer doesn't actually write creator-owned comics anymore.

Not to get off-topic, but I am also looking forward to four Dark Horse books coming early next year. Dark Horse seems to be working towards publishing a lot of creator-owned ongoing books (possibly to make up for the loss of Star Wars). Specifically, E8ght (Albequerque), The Black Hammer (Lemire), Pastaways (Kindt), and Rebels (Wood) all look fantastic. I urge y'all to look at some previews and interviews of those books if you haven't heard of them.

Holy crap, forgot about Descender and Cerulean. I'm for sure going to check those out.

wwise03, I got my eye on Black Hammer and Pastaways from Dark Horse.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Probably Birthright for me. Though I'm really excited that Li'l Depressed Boy is coming back.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

I forgot about Descender and Invisible Republic too. I also hear Gerry Duggan is working on a new indie book but not sure if it's Image or not.. I am going to have some tough decisions to make.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    Holy crap, forgot about Descender and Cerulean. I'm for sure going to check those out.

wwise03, I got my eye on Black Hammer and Pastaways from Dark Horse.

This truly is a golden age for comic books...I can't keep up with everything!