Default Wonder Girl Donna (or Cassie?) getting a TV Show on TNT??? TITANS going to pilot.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/...ng-in-the-lead

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DONNA OR CASSIE!!

Another week, another DC Comics TV show in the works. This time, the project is on cable, as TNT is near a deal to produce a pilot for Titans – as in Teen Titans.

Variety reported the news, revealing the lead in the potential series would be Nightwing/Dick Grayson, the former Robin. Variety names Starfire and Raven as other members of the team.

Akiva Goldsman is executive producing – meaning the writer of Batman & Robin is returning to a Bat-connected project. The eclectic Goldsman has been plenty busy since, writing and/or producing films like A Beautiful Mind, I Am Legend, The Da Vinci Code, Lone Survivor and much more. On TV, Goldsman also was a writer, director and consulting producer on Fringe for much of its run.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

I really would prefer it be Donna.
    Richard Alexander

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Hells yeah!

DC's trying to take over the TV world, right now, and I'm loving it!

And yes, if Donna and/or Cassie is in this show, look for me to lose all semblance of self-control or dignity!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Yeah. I really hope it's Donna. Costume-wise, she's perfect for "real world" believe-ability. Just a black jumpsuit with silver boots and cuffs.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Spectacular Member

Donna would make the most sense since she's part of the same incarnation of the Titans as Nightwing, Starfire and Raven.

Extraordinary Member

You'd think I would be excited about this.

Sadly the recent history of animated Super-hero series tells me if its any good then it will be around just long enough to get me excited, after which it will be cancelled and replaced by crap that is deemed more likely to sell toys.

Ring me when the third season is announced.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    You'd think I would be excited about this.

Sadly the recent history of animated Super-hero series tells me if its any good then it will be around just long enough to get me excited, after which it will be cancelled and replaced by crap that is deemed more likely to sell toys.

Ring me when the third season is announced.
    If this show WERE another animated series, I would probably agree with you. Especially if the show were on Cartoon Network. But it's not an animated series, and it's going to be on TNT: a network that appreciates good, dramatic shows, and gives them a fair chance.

TV shows aren't established with the goal of selling toys or merchandise. Live action TV shows are big bucks simply thanks to advertising and number of viewers watching. They're completely different animals from animation.

I understand where you're coming from, but you're comparing apples to oranges here.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I'm crossing my fingers for WonderGirl but ain't holding my breath. That last animated version didn't include her. I think I heard the licensing fee was hefty and that played into decision. Well, I'm sure Dick Grayson's and SuperBoy's licensing fees aren't exactly cheap either. Would love to see the young version of Trinity on a team together!

I love both Donna and Cassie. I'd think DC might want to promote the new 52 lineup. If they include Donna or Cassie, I do hope the actress has blonde hair. Helps distinguish the character from Diana.
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo