Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I remember the barry clone getting killed pretty violently and green lantern clone was pretty much out to murder for a few issues.
    I dropped the title but it was not all silly nonsensical whimsy when I was still reading it.
    Barry got kill twice Locus wanted to find out what he was made of but Green Lantern never murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Wait, they don't look new 52 at all?

Now thinking about it there was a part where the head of experiments told Flash that all surviving records indicated that he was a redhead.

I am of course going to pick up the title for Blue&Gold (missed them like whoa) but I'm also curious about what's going on there.
    Justice League 3000 is not the future of the new52 (Earth 0). Seems like they're pulling the same trick they did with Legion of Superheroes. This is a different Earth. That helps relieve all the confusion I had with the return of the Legion in Justice League United. Wonder if they'll ever address Legion Lost?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    What grim and gritty? this has been a comedy title since issue #1
    Well, then DC's marketing messed up bad beforehand.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I remember the barry clone getting killed pretty violently and green lantern clone was pretty much out to murder for a few issues.
    I dropped the title but it was not all silly nonsensical whimsy when I was still reading it.
    Ah. I get enough of that at work, don't need it in my funny books.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Jesus god yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cyclops was right

BANNED

New52 Booster is hardly Grim n` dirty. Thats a thing the reboot certainly did not screwed up and I found myself enjoying Justice League Internacional.

That being said, classic Gold and Blue is never enough!

Funny thing is Infinite Crisis never happened in that universe. To me old DC went awful after that event, it's a retcon that's very appreciated by me.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    Well, then DC's marketing messed up bad beforehand.
    They were very ambivalent/vague about which universe's future the JL3000 was located in.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    They were very ambivalent/vague about which universe's future the JL3000 was located in.
    I think of Pip was referring to the tone of the book.
    BB

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

Between this and Secret Six, it's getting hard to not buy DCs current output

Well, time to put this on my pull list!

And maybe I had misread somethings, but the vibe I got off what I heard of 3000 was that was a bit more 'iron age' with morally dubious versions of the JL who were, well, jerks. Of course, Guy Gardener was a jerk, and he was very entertaining, but I didn't want to read about a team full of them. Some folks tell me I heard wrong, which is all the more reason to give this a look
    Last edited by Den; 09-12-2014 at 01:58 PM.
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

YES!!!!!!!!
    Guess I am adding a book to my monthly list. Hope I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    Well, time to put this on my pull list!

And maybe I had misread somethings, but the vibe I got off what I heard of 3000 was that was a bit more 'iron age' with morally dubious versions of the JL who were, well, jerks. Of course, Guy Gardener was a jerk, and he was very entertaining, but I didn't want to read about a team full of them. Some folks tell me I heard wrong, which is all the more reason to give this a look
    There's only one Jerk and he's very lovable Mr " Don't call me clark" Superman of 3000, Wonder Woman is kinda kill happy, Batman is surprisely reasonable and not brooding at all, Hal is basically the superman when it come moral code.

Pre-New 52 Blue and Gold together again?!?

BOOSTERRIFIC!
    BOOSTER GOLD (Michael Jon Carter), HAWKEYE (Clint Barton), IRON FIST (Daniel Rand), MOON KNIGHT (Marc Spector aka Steven Grant aka Jake Lockley), NIGHTCRAWLER (Kurt Wagner), NOVA (Richard Rider)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CagedLeo730 View Post
    Justice League 3000 is not the future of the new52 (Earth 0). Seems like they're pulling the same trick they did with Legion of Superheroes. This is a different Earth. That helps relieve all the confusion I had with the return of the Legion in Justice League United. Wonder if they'll ever address Legion Lost?
    Wait, neither this or LOSH are the future for the New 52 Earth? When was it said that LOSH wasn't? I guess we're just suppose to ignore Legion Lost, which should be pretty easy since most of us did anyway.