Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Abby_Henry.jpg
    KissKissBangBang.jpg
    TheDoctorIsIn.jpg

God, it's like a Hank McCoy tumblr, I LOVE IT!!!

Remember when Bobby and Hank were best friends?

I do miss the days where Hank wasn't repeatedly cast as the X-Men's proverbial wet blanket.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I really love the way this artist, NM Rosario, draws a pre-furry Hank McCoy:
    I always go the impression he used Robin Williams as inspiration for those pics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I do miss the days where Hank wasn't repeatedly cast as the X-Men's proverbial wet blanket.

I always go the impression he used Robin Williams as inspiration for those pics.
    Robin Williams lives in Lake Tahoe, where he will occasionally walk out into a busy intersection and direct traffic in the middle of the street. The local cops don't even to stop him or arrest him, either. I am not even joking.

Also, the artist has a certain model he references for his Hank, and its not Robin Williams.
    Last edited by fod_xp; 06-02-2014 at 07:27 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    I wonder when the real Beast will return. I hate what the character has become since Morrison.
    Cat-Beast has been gone for a while now, thankfully. The new look isn't what I'd prefer, but it's infinitely better than the stupid cat version. He just kind if looks... bald. I think that they just need to grow his hair out on his head. We just need to see him appear in a book with a good writer.

But I agree Morrison's cat was an abomination.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Cat-Beast has been gone for a while now, thankfully. The new look isn't what I'd prefer, but it's infinitely better than the stupid cat version. He just kind if looks... bald. I think that they just need to grow his hair out on his head. We just need to see him appear in a book with a good writer.

But I agree Morrison's cat was an abomination.
    Oh yeah, because Morrison's Cat-Beast was such an infinitely stupid version. Unlike the current KonGorilla who threatened to collapse the entire Multiverse just to get back at Scott for being a "meany." Morrison's Feline-Hank talked down the US President from sending in stealth bombers to nuke Manhattan during Planet X, again talked down, with words and rational thought. Because talking out your problems and actually doing scientific research is the pinnacle of being an abomination. Not hijacking reality and time displacing your past self and your friends.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    Oh yeah, because Morrison's Cat-Beast was such an infinitely stupid version. Unlike the current KonGorilla who threatened to collapse the entire Multiverse just to get back at Scott for being a "meany." Morrison's Feline-Hank talked down the US President from sending in stealth bombers to nuke Manhattan during Planet X, again talked down, with words and rational thought. Because talking out your problems and actually doing scientific research is the pinnacle of being an abomination. Not hijacking reality and time displacing your past self and your friends.
    To be fair to Beast, the O5 are probably good to stay forever and the whole "destroying time-space" thing apparently blows over. Beast is good enough at science that he can time-travel without destroying reality. --BOTA.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    To be fair to Beast, the O5 are probably good to stay forever and the whole "destroying time-space" thing apparently blows over. Beast is good enough at science that he can time-travel without destroying reality. --BOTA.
    I'm just giving KurtW95 a hard time. Hank is still my favorite X-Man, but that still, Hank knows better. I find it disheartening and a turn off as a reader that Marvel isn't interested in maintain it's long standing continuity. Rather it would so easily toss it aside does not send a positive company-wide message.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    I'm just giving KurtW95 a hard time. Hank is still my favorite X-Man, but that still, Hank knows better. I find it disheartening and a turn off as a reader that Marvel isn't interested in maintain it's long standing continuity. Rather it would so easily toss it aside does not send a positive company-wide message.
    The guys in charge aren't really fans, particularly where the X-Men are concerned. Continuity doesn't mean squat, not even on a sequential issue basis.

I really want Beast to become a positive force within the X-verse. I think he is well due for some positive character development and I think he still has a ton of potential. I think him transforming again is redundant, but it could lead to something down the line. Also, with his past self and Dark Beast still running around, I think having three separate Beast's running around is very interesting.

Here's to hoping for more Beast!

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

What did you guys think of Beast in DOFP? I liked him a lot. Not really the new design though. And Kelsey Grammer's makeup was far worse than it was in X3.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    What did you guys think of Beast in DOFP? I liked him a lot. Not really the new design though. And Kelsey Grammer's makeup was far worse than it was in X3.
    Are you kidding? Kelsey Grammar and his prosthetics were amazing, and easily the single best part of the movie.

That was truly an inspired casting choice, and the prosthetic work was equally as brilliant.