Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Greg Pak Issues a "Storm" Warning for the X-Men's Ororo Monroe

CBR News spoke to Greg Pak about giving Ororo Monroe her first ever ongoing series as "Storm" goes solo this July at Marvel Comics.

Full article here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    CBR News spoke to CBR News about giving Ororo Monroe her first ever ongoing series as "Storm" goes solo this July at Marvel Comics.

Full article here.
    Loving it!
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 05-06-2014 at 06:18 AM.

Cautiously optimistic...

leader of mutantkind

BANNED

No new art and no cat's eyes.

Justice League Reserve Manchuto's Avatar

Good to see that she has not been forgotten. In addition, it's nice to see the return of the Mohawk which brings back memories of my early childhood.
    The Heroic Manchuto Guardian Of The Purple Moon and Protector of Metropolis and Gotham City on DC Universe Online

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Not anything new really but still really excited. Cant wait for july!!!!

As a new father to a little girl (9 months already! Time goes by way too fast!) that I hope to introduce to comics in a few years, I'm so happy to see a surge in positive female leads in comics. Particular kudos to Marvel for the recent release of Captain Marvel, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Elektra (questionable on the positive role model aspect), Black Widow (again, questionable) and Storm solo books. By the time my little girl is old enough to get into books, I'm hopeful that she'll have way more options that reflect her gender (positively) than girls did when I started reading books.

Did mutantkind vote on storm

affable sidekick material ScruffyLovin's Avatar

I'm also cautiously optimistic about this series. Will definitely pick up the first issue at least. Does this mean she will no longer be Headmistress at the JGS? If so, who's going to take up leadership there? And is she still going to be the 'unofficial' leader of the all female group of X-Men? I'm interested to see how this is all going to work out and effect the other x-books, especially with Nightcrawler also having his solo and Wolverine gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Manchuto View Post
    Good to see that she has not been forgotten. In addition, it's nice to see the return of the Mohawk which brings back memories of my early childhood.
    The mohawk's been back since she joined up with the JGS in like issue 24 of WATXM, so that's not really anything new.

She is definitely kickass in the mohawk though, and I like Badass Storm way better than somewhat uptight, prim & proper Goddess Storm.

Fantastic Member

Storm is the most powerful woman? Since when? She spent most of her time in BoTA tied up.

Quote Originally Posted by id10tSavant View Post
    As a new father to a little girl (9 months already! Time goes by way too fast!) that I hope to introduce to comics in a few years, I'm so happy to see a surge in positive female leads in comics. Particular kudos to Marvel for the recent release of Captain Marvel, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Elektra (questionable on the positive role model aspect), Black Widow (again, questionable) and Storm solo books. By the time my little girl is old enough to get into books, I'm hopeful that she'll have way more options that reflect her gender (positively) than girls did when I started reading books.
    Oh man. I've got a precious new niece and I feel you there.

why does marvel refuse to show us any new material for this book? nice article, but what are they hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    Storm is the most powerful woman? Since when? She spent most of her time in BoTA tied up.
    Don't think many characters came out of BOTA looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Don't think many characters came out of BOTA looking good.
    kitty gained some respect back with me.