Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    kitty gained some respect back with me.
    Right up until she freaked out on the front lawn of the JGS... I would have said the same thing.

The article said Storm would be breaking away from the school. I'm guessing that means just for the solo. She isn't actually leaving.

"Storm will be racing around the globe, solving crimes, ending natural disasters and generally doing everything in her considerable power to save the world as often as possible. Through earning the world's admiration as a hero, her goal is to further the peaceful co-existence between mutants and humans."
    So I guess the Avengers are going to take her down.
    Leader of mutantkind? she is barely the leader of the school, if she hasn't been missing when mutantkind needed her she could aspire to be that, but short after m-day she married T'chala and until Scott brought her back to the UXM she barely did anything, not that I don't like her, but if she even wants to get close to that she needs to at least be around for a couple more years, even Wolverine has more claim to that tittle than her, Logan has the recognition of the kids, Scott has the recognition of those who are against the system, and he still has all the weight of being the leader of the mutants during the time where the mutants were on the brink of extinction, Havok represents the establishment, Ororo doesn't even has the recognition in her all-female team, she was even one of the responsible for quite departure of the team

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Right up until she freaked out on the front lawn of the JGS... I would have said the same thing.
    her freak out on the lawn of jgs was one of the best things that happened in battle of the atom. it's like she woke up from whatever PIS hypnosis all the jgs are trapped in and gave us a proper WTF.

I really hope she not leaving the school.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I really hope she not leaving the school.
    She has no authority at the school anyway.

BANNED

Kitty's freak out is explained in All-New Doop!

Personally, i think Storm had a very poor 2013, and not by lack of screentime either. She was just way off. Hopefully this could help correct things for one of the most iconic X-(Wo)Men, but i wasn't sold by that interview. With all the new series spawning left and right, and budgetary constraints, the only way i would give this a chance was if Claremont was writing it, because the best Ororo has always been under his pen.

I'm excited for it. I think Pak was hinting at environmental threats with the "problems" other mutants wouldn't notice but I hope we get stuff beyond that as well.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Wow.

I think this interview just convinced me to make THIS BOOK the book that finally gets me to break my Marvel Embargo that I've had in place since Dark Reign got started.

Storm's an awesome character and it's been a long time coming for her to get her own book. Add the immense talents of Greg Pak AND his promise that Storm is going to be the awesome, inspiring, and noble character that spits in the eye of the current crappy state of the X-Men?

Yep! Sold!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

i'm excited to see this book succeed. but it worries me that we have no new art to anticipate. the release date is too close. cyclops art was circulated way before his comic is supposed to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    "Storm will be racing around the globe, solving crimes, ending natural disasters and generally doing everything in her considerable power to save the world as often as possible. Through earning the world's admiration as a hero, her goal is to further the peaceful co-existence between mutants and humans."
    So I guess the Avengers are going to take her down.
    They'd better be. It'd be such a shamelessly double standard if they weren't.
    Leader of mutantkind? she is barely the leader of the school, if she hasn't been missing when mutantkind needed her she could aspire to be that, but short after m-day she married T'chala and until Scott brought her back to the UXM she barely did anything, not that I don't like her, but if she even wants to get close to that she needs to at least be around for a couple more years, even Wolverine has more claim to that tittle than her, Logan has the recognition of the kids, Scott has the recognition of those who are against the system, and he still has all the weight of being the leader of the mutants during the time where the mutants were on the brink of extinction, Havok represents the establishment, Ororo doesn't even has the recognition in her all-female team, she was even one of the responsible for quite departure of the team
    Agree on everything. How BS it'd be if she's somehow made the mutant leader and at the same time the guy who'd been responsible for the survival of the her kind was to busy trying NOT to get burnt at the stake for the crime of trying to save more mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Kitty's freak out is explained in All-New Doop!
    It's actually explained in Wolverine solo, with Kitty completely mad at Logan, also in UXM 18 where she starts fixing things with Scott, if they follow the path they seem to be about to follow of Kitty falling in love with Doop I won't even consider it as canon, it will fall under the same canonical status as First X-men, plus Kitty is going after Starlord, so if they do go with Kitty marrying Doop it will already be non-canon, it already messes with the scene where Tyke dies having Kitty scream his name instead of Jeen, so it has enough for me to consider it non-canon

This would have gone on my who should lead the mutant race thread!

Did Cyclops give his ok in this

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Another interview to send my excitement soaring through the roof and into the stratosphere on gale-force winds. (My expectations I will reserve for when the title actually hits the shelves).
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

BANNED

Leader of mutant kind...really? Her unofficial team does doesn't even give her proper respect.
    Oh...well there goes my hope for the series. He sounds more like more like one of the Storm-chasers than a writer who wants to rebuild her character. Sounds to me he is going to overpower her and just characterize her as a HBIC. He really doesn't say anything in the way of solid plans, more like fan-fic. Typically you can read interviews and read the love and passion for a character from the writer...I didn't get that here (IMO), it reads more like pods in the appreciation thread.
    It sounds strictly for this who have liked her in the late 90's to today, not for longtime readers but nothing read here sounds like a new reader would pick her up. Maybe it will be a pleasant surprise though. I hope her fans enjoy the book.