Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    i'm more interested in what storm is planning on bringing to the table than how well she can duel a handicap cyclops.
    A one woman army ripping off Pax Utopia, basically. To Storm's credit, she had the good sense to make friends with the Avengers beforehand, so they might not shut her down right off the bat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RoguishGurl View Post
    Let's bring back the topic to the Storm ongoing. This is not the thread for another Storm/Cyclops debate.
    another? since the forum has been rebooted shouldn't it be the first one?

Fantastic Member

Has Storm really never had her own ongoing? That's kinda crazy consider even Nightcrawler is on his second or third.

x-treme x-men was a successful storm ongoing. it ran for over 40 issues.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Teek View Post
    Has Storm really never had her own ongoing? That's kinda crazy consider even Nightcrawler is on his second or third.
    No this is her first one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Teek View Post
    She has has 4 mini-series (Storm, Storm, Ororo: Before the Storm- trying to capitalize on her marriage, X-men Worlds Apart) but never an solo ongoing.
    Just IMO she is a better lead character than a solo.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Love that Storm is getting her own series again. Pak seems to have an interesting perspective with her. It is pretty remarkable that Storm has experienced so many levels of power and weakness. She has been an orphan and a thief on the streets of Cairo. She has been a goddess worshipped by many. She has been a hero admired by all. She has been an outlaw and a renegade. She has been the queen of her own country. She probably has a more diverse perspective than any other character. That's part of what makes her so compelling. And I like the idea of getting her out of the Jean Grey Institute to share her awesome with the rest of the Marvel Universe.
    This is one of the reasons why I think she has so much potential as a solo character. She is multi-faceted and her life has been down so many roads that it lends to some great opportunities for writers to explore. And Pak's current take is a perfect start IMO. She was already shown to be traveling the desert and dispensing justice before she joined the X-Men, so now that she has had more exposure to injustice on a bigger stage, I can see her taking that same approach across the entire world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    She has has 4 mini-series (Storm, Storm, Ororo: Before the Storm- trying to capitalize on her marriage, X-men Worlds Apart) but never an solo ongoing.
    Just IMO she is a better lead character than a solo.
    and there's the Storm and Magik mini.

o

BANNED

This book was green-lighted a month ago, tops. And it shows. Not even the writer has concrete info on it. But that's cool. The fact that a Storm series got the green-light is more than anyone could really hope for from current Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anis View Post
    They'd better be. It'd be such a shamelessly double standard if they weren't.

Agree on everything. How BS it'd be if she's somehow made the mutant leader and at the same time the guy who'd been responsible for the survival of the her kind was to busy trying NOT to get burnt at the stake for the crime of trying to save more mutants.
    That would actually be quite delightful. How juicy would that be if Storm just snatched the title from him? I'd love it! Snooze you lose cowboy!

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    Leader of mutant kind...really? Her unofficial team does doesn't even give her proper respect.
    Oh...well there goes my hope for the series. He sounds more like more like one of the Storm-chasers than a writer who wants to rebuild her character. Sounds to me he is going to overpower her and just characterize her as a HBIC. He really doesn't say anything in the way of solid plans, more like fan-fic. Typically you can read interviews and read the love and passion for a character from the writer...I didn't get that here (IMO), it reads more like pods in the appreciation thread.
    It sounds strictly for this who have liked her in the late 90's to today, not for longtime readers but nothing read here sounds like a new reader would pick her up. Maybe it will be a pleasant surprise though. I hope her fans enjoy the book.
    Haven't you heard? She already is the HBIC.

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    Danger taught her.
    No Yeezy did.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Im not sure why this article turned into a Storm versus Cyclops thread but if this is where this discussion is headed lets be accurate about the history between the two.

Storm has taken down the whole Xmen before... Xmen World Apart the last issue actually. Cyclops was one of those Xmen taken out.

Storm did beat a fully powered Cyclops without the aide of her powers. He didnt want to kill her obviously as that was not the objective of the duel. He was outclassed and unmatched.

As far as which ongoing will sale better time will tell.
    Don't fret. Some people just can't stand to see 'Ro prosper.

I love storm but she just hadn't been written good in ten years. Her and Scott were always suppose to be the new Xavier ans magneto

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    I love storm but she just hadn't been written good in ten years. Her and Scott were always suppose to be the new Xavier ans magneto
    well Marvel is making amends now for those horrible ten years since she was forcibly removed from her corner of the MU and thrown into a failed marketing ploy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    It's Ororo Munroe, c'mon. Shame on you, CBR News!

Anyway, I'm still pretty excited for this book. Loving Pak's enthusiasm, and he certainly gets the character. Just wish they'd disclose a bit more about the book, but I guess July is still a long way to go.

Really hoping that Storm's leadership comes back into focus and she actually gets respected in the rest of the X-Books. But it probably won't happen until after Wolverine's death.
    Hahaha. Wrong spelling of the last name indeed.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I hope Greg has the ladies get together from time to time to have a girls' night out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    It's time I end this.

o

OMG! Storm kissed Cyclops!?!