Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    But Lee, in a joint interview,with Didio, has explicitly stated that some things may end up being canon after all. Went so far as to say that this is the future of the DCU as of now (meaning until something changes it). A ploy to keep interest up, obviously, but it is not out of the question that some things might actually happen.
    Time doesn't pass normally in comics. Unless DC does some New 52 style reboot or something, the main continuity will never, ever get here. Because if one book does, then EVERYTHING will have to get there. And given how completely ridiculous some of these scenarios are, like Hulk Harley and Cyborg Supergirl, yeah, continuity is never going to support that.

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/...-end-1-preview

So in that link, it says the Future's End one shot for Batman and Robin will feature a new Robin besides Damian. The comments are saying it's a black Robin. I don't care about that. What I care about is Damian. DC better bring that kid back exactly the same freakin way he was before they let him be killed off.
    LOL- "DC better bring ___________ back exactly the same freakin way he was before they let him be killed off."

DC should print this "fan rage" mantra on a t-shirt, for every character they ever owned.
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-12-2014 at 02:24 PM.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I'm looking forward to Batman having a Robin...ANY Robin, kicking butt alongside him again soon.

I'm not in the camp that believes that the lone Dark Knight is always best.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    Time doesn't pass normally in comics. Unless DC does some New 52 style reboot or something, the main continuity will never, ever get here. Because if one book does, then EVERYTHING will have to get there. And given how completely ridiculous some of these scenarios are, like Hulk Harley and Cyborg Supergirl, yeah, continuity is never going to support that.
    Well, Lee also very explicitly said that this is a five-year look forward in real time as well as DCU time. These are, supposedly, the minds of stories they plan to be telling in 2019. Yeah, I know it's hard to swallow, but I guess all I can say is ... that's evidently the official word of the co-publisher.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Well, Lee also very explicitly said that this is a five-year look forward in real time.....

That's not logical. I know we've talked about this in the other thread, but, in five years from now this story will still be "5 years from now". I know you're just repeating something that was said, so this isn't against you. I just think Jim Lee made a bone head move by even saying that.

Only way I can see this, if I think reaaaaally hard, is that in 5 years they just move everything to this future scenario and then cause something to reboot the universe. Christ, I hate continuity. Just tell me good stories.
    Last edited by Maxpower00044; 09-12-2014 at 02:29 PM.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Spectacular Member

Heretic=damian

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kalethas31 View Post
    Heretic=damian
    After seeing the cover for last issue of Robin Rises, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case here
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post

Shhhh. The internet must be irrationally mad about something.
    I understand someone wanting Damian back or Tim as Robin again. Then there are those complaining about race swapping and "diversity for diversity's sake." Even saw an Hispanic guy who likes his Robins white. Lol. A legitimate argument about diversity is the lack of other ethnicities getting representation. Seems like it's either black or white.

Quote Originally Posted by vaf2675 View Post
    Didio specifically stated in various interviews before the whole damn thing got started, that these were possible futures. Ergo, not canon.
    Didio was specifically addressing the one-shots. The core series has more solid ties to what may come if Didio and Lee are still in charge.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CagedLeo730 View Post
    I understand someone wanting Damian back or Tim as Robin again. Then there are those complaining about race swapping and "diversity for diversity's sake." Even saw an Hispanic guy who likes his Robins white. Lol. A legitimate argument about diversity is the lack of other ethnicities getting representation. Seems like it's either black or white.
    And ur ancedotal points proves what?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    After seeing the cover for last issue of Robin Rises, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case here
    Except that covers, like solicits, are often worthless. The cover for the first Robin Rises (the glowing-eyed, stone-skinned Batman) turned out to have nothing to do with the story.

That Robin is a big boy.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CagedLeo730 View Post
    I get that, and we lost more than a few good ones in the relaunch, but there's still a little bit of it in the nu52. Some too often forget Damian, Talia, Ra's, and Shiva aren't white, for example. And Cassandra and Ryan Choi will be back eventually, so there's that.

Someone here pitched an idea for a Hispanic Donna Troy a while back. Let's get that going.

Spectacular Member

heretic is a member of teen titans in futeres end.

heretic=damian!!