Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Best Websites for Buying Single Back Issues

Hey I'm looking for a website that has a large selection of back issues of older and newer comics. (80s til now) Preferably cheap, but mostly looking for a wide selection with a website that makes it easy to search for what I'm looking for.

Thanks

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Http://www.Mycomicshop.com is the way to go
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/ Search for your issue here, find the dealer that has it for the best price.

I second www.mycomicshop.com I've been using them almost exclusively for the last couple of years. Placed my most recent order a couple days ago, and it just shipped this morning. Great service.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

www.milehighcomics.com. Website isn't super helpful to navigate but they have a crazy selection and run discount codes all the time.

Fantastic Member

My Comic shop for sure , prices are fair and shipping is reasonable , Yes Mile High has discount codes but wow have you seen what they ask for stuff now through the roof pricing , but shipping is dirt cheap . Only would buy from mcs now after trying both out . Quality and grading from mcs is excellent , package great . shipping time was decent . The order I got from the other place quality was less than expected on a few books .

I also recommend mycomicshop.com. Never had any problems with them. I buy in bulk to get the most out of shipping. Its great that they notify you when something comes in that you are looking for. You dont have to keep going back to see if its available.

Amazing Member

I try to avoid mile high comics for anything other than junk books to fill out a run. If you're looking for back issues of Sleepwalker or Darkhold, fine. You'll find them cheap and shipping is reasonable. Yes, they do run a lot of codeword sales but the reason they can run 50 and 60% off code words is because their prices are ridiculously high to start with.

Amazing Member

I usually compare My Comics Shop with Mile High for whatever issues I need. Mile High tends to be more 'book' value, so things that are 'hot are usually a bit more. However, they have a low free shipping price point ($40 I think?) which is nice. NEVER buy anything from Mile High without a discount code.. they always have one... it runs from 40%-60% in general.

BANNED

So many different sites to take all of my $...

BANNED

There's no good way to buy single issues online because of shipping. Prices on eBay are cheap, but the large comic retailers will have more of what you want and you'll be able to combine shipping. Check all the available sources and see what works. Sometimes an eBay seller will have a large portion of your want list. I buy as much as I can on eBay in runs or large lots. Then when I'm down to one or two issues missing I wait and start another run. When I have eight or nine runs all missing one or two issues I'll bite the bullet and start looking at the online comic shops to see where to buy, but I tend to never buy until I've proce checked everybody. Also, Milehigh is easily the most expensive place to shop, but they also have a huge selection of common comics. So you'll likely be able to fill your gaps there.

BANNED

mycomicshop is the place I go to often, but there are other comic stores on ebay that are also good. Find the ones like mycomicshop that offer flat rate shipping
    avoid mile high!!
    their prices are redicules. I have met the owner Chuck several times at conventions and have seen him cherry pick hundreds of books from dealers then low ball a price.

BANNED

Milehigh prices are ridiculous, but his selection is easily double what Lonestar offers. If what you're looking for is less common, it may be Milehigh or nothing.

Mile high is coy about pricing. They inflate everything and then have constant discount sales ranging from 40 to 60% off to even things out, you just have to subscribe to their email newsletter to be in the loop and get the latest codeword to enter at checkout to get the discount.

Plus they have 100% free shipping on orders over certain amount of purchased dollars, dont remember the figures right now...