Default the 'real 05 Excalibur

When I think 05...I think
    Excalibur1.jpg

What if these cross-time caper-eres somehow were brought into the current books by Widget?

Why the heck not?
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

BANNED

One Captain Britain is enough. I don't need two drunk and abusive Brian Braddocks in my comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    One Captain Britain is enough. I don't need two drunk and abusive Brian Braddocks in my comics.
    but, but...he quit drinking and he didn't 'mean' to break Kurt's femur...

Excalibur44a.jpg
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Only if the first mission Merlin get to sent them on is to fix No More Phoenix then next stop team up with Psylocke into Mojoverse and make her British again and split out Kwannon and give her Crimson Dawn Powers.

It would be fun and hell maybe an Excalibur reunion LS since for the first time in many years all the members in the team are alive and not incapacitated or dead.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

I have to say I'd love to see the magic of the original cast of Excalibur brought back, but the characters are all in pretty different places in their development now. Maybe I'm just not a fan of resetting? I don't know. I guess part of what draws me to these characters is their intricately interwoven histories. Over time, as each successive writer and story builds them, they start to feel a bit more than just ideas on paper, they start to take a life of their own. To retcon or reset that reduces them back to ideas on paper for me. /shrug

I think it would be an awesome project to see where this group is now and see what dynamics are like between them these days, but I'm not sure if it would recapture the moment in time when Excalibur first launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    I have to say I'd love to see the magic of the original cast of Excalibur brought back, but the characters are all in pretty different places in their development now. Maybe I'm just not a fan of resetting? I don't know. I guess part of what draws me to these characters is their intricately interwoven histories. Over time, as each successive writer and story builds them, they start to feel a bit more than just ideas on paper, they start to take a life of their own. To retcon or reset that reduces them back to ideas on paper for me. /shrug

I think it would be an awesome project to see where this group is now and see what dynamics are like between them these days, but I'm not sure if it would recapture the moment in time when Excalibur first launched.
    But still an Excalibur Reunion LS would be fun to read. And especially if it is written by Chris Claremont hopefully we can see some of the fun from the series early days. Hell I even recently wrote a small Excalibur fanfic based in the early days.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I'd definitely love to read a reunion in Nightcrawler, or as a reunion of just the original Excalibur. But don't bring them back from the past.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I'd definitely love to read a reunion in Nightcrawler, or as a reunion of just the original Excalibur. But don't bring them back from the past.
    Yeah, all at once or even here and there (obviously he gets plenty of time to interact with Rachel and occasionally Kitty). That's the benefit of him having his own title, long may it last.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    [...] then next stop team up with Psylocke into Mojoverse and make her British again
    Heck, YES! British Betsy rocks!

I would be all for an Excalibur reunion title! I wish that Amazing X-Men 6 had the Excalibur group hug after Kitty got there and not before. That was a missed opportunity
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

1st Excalibur.jpg

Looks like a genuine reunion is the preferred sentiment (although bringing the 05 from the past to today would be so very cross time caper-esque and could be all sorts of fun)...

Either way I am game and CC's ongoing Nightcrawler would definitely the best place.

I'm not reading X-Force but I've seen previews that show a sort-of modern day Excalibur team facing off against Betsy and her crew. I didn't see Brian in the previews and I know Kitty is most likely unavailable - as least, the current E-616 Kitty, but there appears to be room to cultivate a sort-of-reunion.

Maybe CC could grab an all star c-list crew from the old books. Cerise, Kylun, Alistaire Stuart, Tech-Net and Widget...

Hey, remember Feron? He and Hope should get together and talk about how it feels to be a Phoenix Messiah in recovery.