Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flag View Post
    Does anyone think that survivor with the Z virus cure in his system maybe slowly becoming a zombie?
    The producer mentions in the interview that Murphy is turning into a zombie human hybrid. ↓

we have the idea that the Murphy character [played by Keith Allan], who they are transporting across the country, is evolving into a human-zombie blend. In future seasons, that may lead us into another type of human that is taking an evolutionary leap forward.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Is it though? It hasn't impressed me so far.
    to me its a fun no brain zomcom alternative to the walking dead.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    It had a nice I Am Legend feel to it, I half expected him having to spoilers:
    drive that stake through the Dog's head
    end of spoilers like it sort of happened in I Am Legend.

The thing I don't like about most zombie apocalypse setting is that our government, and the majority of our population in zombie films tends to become mentally cripple for for a zombie apocalypse to happen. Since once we are actually able to think again, it becomes a stomp in a one on one humans vs zombies fight. A armed human can easily take on more then one zombie.

With the dog situation they threw at us, that open up the chances to make thing really terrifying.spoilers:
    If the zombie infection spread beyond that of humans, as in any living creature can become one. Example: Zombie bugs. Your walking, taking a dump, or sleeping, and one of them bite you. That's it for you. A scary way for the infection rate to really explode, and you don't know when your safe. The only issue with this is that if someone doesn't play Noah, we are all going to be extinct pretty soon....or it will make the push to get Murphy to the meeting spot that much more urgent.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    The producer mentions in the interview that Murphy is turning into a zombie human hybrid. ↓
    Awesome catch - thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by HFMM View Post
    The thing I don't like about most zombie apocalypse setting is that our government, and the majority of our population in zombie films tends to become mentally cripple for for a zombie apocalypse to happen. Since once we are actually able to think again, it becomes a stomp in a one on one humans vs zombies fight. A armed human can easily take on more then one zombie.

With the dog situation they threw at us, that open up the chances to make thing really terrifying.spoilers:
    If the zombie infection spread beyond that of humans, as in any living creature can become one. Example: Zombie bugs. Your walking, taking a dump, or sleeping, and one of them bite you. That's it for you. A scary way for the infection rate to really explode, and you don't know when your safe. The only issue with this is that if someone doesn't play Noah, we are all going to be extinct pretty soon....or it will make the push to get Murphy to the meeting spot that much more urgent.
    end of spoilers
    It is only a guess so no actual spoilers are involved but in the remake of the Dawn Of The Dead mall siege movie it seems zombies only eat humans while Romero zombies eat anything alive (warm blooded?) and the zombie dog seemed to be going after the living dog and not the lone human. So it could be that zombies are cannibals only. A zombie bug would not bite you - it would go after it's own species and cannibalize it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flag View Post
    It is only a guess so no actual spoilers are involved but in the remake of the Dawn Of The Dead mall siege movie it seems zombies only eat humans while Romero zombies eat anything alive (warm blooded?) and the zombie dog seemed to be going after the living dog and not the lone human. So it could be that zombies are cannibals only. A zombie bug would not bite you - it would go after it's own species and cannibalize it.
    That's no fun.

However, it does create a problem for our food source.
    Last edited by HFMM; 09-22-2014 at 08:03 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    The producer mentions in the interview that Murphy is turning into a zombie human hybrid.

we have the idea that the Murphy character [played by Keith Allan], who they are transporting across the country, is evolving into a human-zombie blend. In future seasons, that may lead us into another type of human that is taking an evolutionary leap forward.

Well, that would have been a hell of a twist had that director gone to the ''Shut the fuck up about important plot points before they air'' class in film school.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HFMM View Post

end of spoilers
    I would imagine is just mammals, as I don't think it's possible for humans or dogs to get a bug disease, but I can see bugs being carriers like fleas and the bubonic plague. That would explain it's ridiculous spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    I would imagine is just mammals, as I don't think it's possible for humans or dogs to get a bug disease, but I can see bugs being carriers like fleas and the bubonic plague. That would explain it's ridiculous spread.
    At this point I can guess that anyone who dies becomes a zombie in the universe because of that ritual of killing a sick old woman - I assume to prevent her from re-animating. Just like Walking Dead shows everyone is infected. Zombie bites in all these versions of zombie movie rules seem to be very infectious and speeds up the process of killing the human and turning them zombie. Romero rules states that its because zombie mouths are full of deadly bacteria cocktails like a komodo dragon's saliva. Others make up zombie rules based on it being an infection.

This Asylum zombie-verse seems to be taking a little bit of all zombie rules around and mixing it up.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Not as good as the last but a pretty solid episode and the DJ Qualls scenes continue to be entertaining.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

BANNED

Not sure how frozen meat can last 3 years in the freezer without going bad but I suppose it is what it is.

Currently MagSeven

Quote Originally Posted by fmvgamer View Post
    Not sure how frozen meat can last 3 years in the freezer without going bad but I suppose it is what it is.
    Properly kept, frozen meat will be edible for a lifetime, it will taste like shit, but it won't kill you if you eat it.
    There was even a scientist who ate a 40,000 year old frozen bison.

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

I've enjoyed the first 3 episodes so far. And in the 3rd there was some more promising interactions and the beginning of character development.

A question though about the in-story 'science' of the 3rd episode.

SPOILER follows..........
    (and could someone explain how I make a hidden spoiler box? thanks)
    When it's revealed that the cannibal 'family' keep their 'food' alive to stop the flesh turning 'zombified', that was one of the creepiest grossest things imaginable. Why didn't they behead the victims straight away instead? That way the bodies would not 'zombify'.
    Anyway, those cannibals got their just desserts in the end....

Next week..... Amish zombies????????
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Celtic Batman View Post
    I've enjoyed the first 3 episodes so far. And in the 3rd there was some more promising interactions and the beginning of character development.

A question though about the in-story 'science' of the 3rd episode.

SPOILER follows..........
    (and could someone explain how I make a hidden spoiler box? thanks)
    When it's revealed that the cannibal 'family' keep their 'food' alive to stop the flesh turning 'zombified', that was one of the creepiest grossest things imaginable. Why didn't they behead the victims straight away instead? That way the bodies would not 'zombify'.
    Anyway, those cannibals got their just desserts in the end....

Next week..... Amish zombies????????

It's just like the quotes, but you write "spoil" now from some reason. The new spoiler tags (although I guess they aren't really new anymore) also suck, (if you're on a phone or iPad you can't look at them without replying to the post, and you can't put images or videos in them like the old ones) and for some reason were never added back in with the other stuff after they were changed.
    Last edited by simbob4000; 09-28-2014 at 04:52 AM.

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    It's just like the quotes, but you write "spoil" now from some reason. The new spoiler tags (although I guess they aren't really new anymore) also suck, (if you're on a phone or iPad you can't look at them without replying to the post, and you can't put images or videos in them like the old ones) and for some reason were never added back in with the other stuff after they were changed.
    Ok, thanks, I'll give it a go.
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo