Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Jake Gyllenhaal as live-action Spector; would you accept it?
    I think that is pure gold. Love Jake as an actor.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Politely, no. Jake is fine in Indie films, cannot see him as Marc (or Steve, Jake or MK for that matter.)

Hope Marvel casts Anson Mount as another character (I've always cheerleaded him for Marc) and feel bad that Black Bolt and the Inhumans weren't all that. Anson is my preference (he not only looks like Marc in any incarnation but I think it would be very interesting to see him work with the D.I.D. aspects of the character.)

Curious to see where the new team goes with Marc. I've reread 188 a few times and am more impressed with each pass. I do not think we've seen the last of Dr. Emmet either.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

This would actually be a pretty amazing casting. I love Gyllenhaal and I believe he has the range.

BANNED

I'll be curious to hear what people think of today's issue. Whereas #189 was all about setting up the Sun King and was almost like a zero issue for this run, #189 gives us plenty of time with MK and I'm really digging how Bemis is approaching the character. He's got his issues, yes, but as much as I'd like to see that aspect of MK go on the back burner, I liked Bemis' way of dealing with it. I also applaud the copious amount of ass-kicking that he allows MK to do. MK's a bad ass here and there's also a nice vein of dark humor throughout.

I wouldn't say this was a make or break issue necessarily as I would've gotten the entire first arc regardless but this issue definitely alleviated any concerns I might have had and I feel fully locked into this run now.

One more thing - I don't remember what the famous MK villain seen at the end of this issue looked like the last time we saw him but I don't remember them being quite so...big. I found it slightly jarring as it doesn't match my memory of the character.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 11-29-2017 at 01:16 PM.

I'm curious too. I pretty much only read Lemire's run and wasn't really expecting the two last issues (the book was still on my pull-list). I liked the horror vibe and was pleased when I finally understood that the artist was the one I liked a lot on Moore's Providence. So I think I will keep getting the book.

I haven't put any money yet in other runs : almost did it for the two first volume of the Epic Collection, but will probably wait for the third - when Sienkiewicz starts doing more Sienkiewicz . (A second volume of the New Mutants Epic collection is really needed btw...)

#189 was pretty good, great to see Moonie kicking ass for a change! Great side villain for the issue with the larger villain seeking help from the famous MK villain.

I agree the last time we saw The famous villain he looked much different but I guess maybe he’s been retired? And got sloppy. Overall I liked it especially how Moonie acted violent for change and not just crazy

I thought today's issue was okay. I think the villain had a lot of potential, but he was dealt with pretty quickly. I really can't stand pop culture references in comics. Comes off as really cringey. Though I agree, Twitter is a virus.

It's interesting what they're setting up with Jake Lockley. I really do wonder what secrets he's hiding. Turns out my theory that each personality exhibits a different Moon Knight (caped, mister, and armoured) is only sorta true. I just wish the transitions were smoother, but maybe them being jarring was the point. I've just never seen it done like that before.

Any other depiction of Bushman would've left a better mark. If his depiction was meant to be threatening, it fell very flat.

Still, looking forward to what's coming.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Moon Knight #189 was awesome!

I'm curious what Jake Lockley's secret is too.

I'm looking forward for next the issue. Although, the art is good, I do really miss Greg Smallwood's art.

Yeah, the Jake stuff was pretty interesting. Definitely can’t wait to see where Bemis takes him and I wonder if the harsh transition was mainly cause it was Jake? He appeared to pass pretty easily between Marc and Grant (at least it seemed like it).

The Bushman reveal definitely fell flat for me. He didn’t look menancing at all but I wonder if this depiction is for. A particular reason? Maybe he’s become consumed in his pursuit of Spector and let himself go? Idk. Really digging this run so far.

Fantastic Member

I feel like we'll learnt hat Bushman stopped trying to go after MK and thats why he let himself go. The lack of drive, its easy to get fat when your playing big fish in a small pond no predators to threaten you.

One reader's take...

Not a fan of where they are going with this at all. That Marc's mental illness seems back in force is bad enough. That the title seems insistent on framing this as "CRAZY!" is a pretty big letdown.

Definitely feels like a step backwards.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Most of the attempting to be witty dialog is annoying as hell, though I have to admit the "punch line" made me LOL though I can see where that kind of humor would get old fast. That said, I like how Marc's personalities fade in and out like phases of the moon, and the blue vs. orange color schemes for MK vs. the Sun King. I have to read more of Bemis's Marc.

Sticking around for now.

EDIT: Having read that preview of 190...I may just stop reading at 192.
    Last edited by Lady Warp Spasm; 12-26-2017 at 07:43 PM.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

#190 had quite the surprise! Interesting arc so far, minus some poor dialogue this is a great start

Damn, that reveal at the end was a surprise to me as well. I didn't see that one coming. I agree that the dialogue is kinda off especially with Bushman's voice. The story is still good so far. I did find funny that Khonsu and Steven were hugging in the background.

#190 certainly also took some ideas from the Immortal Iron Fist run ( I dont think it was established prior that this had occurred in other runs)