Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDinosaur View Post
    Might be an odd choice, but I think Naveen Andrews, who played Sayid on LOST, would be a great fit. I don't think Marc is a character that necessarily needs to be played by a white actor, and casting an actor from the Middle East might tie into the mythology in an interesting way.

Also, I have yet to catch up on Wood's run. Does anyone mind spoiling the big twist at the end of issue #9 for me? I'd really appreciate it.
    That's a really good choice, it makes sense too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk_Guy View Post
    I think Edward Norton would be great. He has experience playing crazy (Fight Club) and is also nuanced and talented enough to prevent Moon Knight from becoming a generic action role.
    Oh yeah, Norton does crazy really well. I think the only thing that would drag him down is him being Bruce Banner in that really bad Hulk movie.

This week's Axel-in-Charge...

"We'll wrap for the week with Sasquatch by Night, who asks, "2014 has been a great year for Moon Knight fans, with first Ellis and Shalvey and now Wood and Smallwood redefining the character. How would you describe what 2015 has in store for Moon Knight?"

Alonso: We'll be announcing the team for the next chapter of "Moon Knight" very soon…"

Is it too much to ask for Ellis/Shalvey to return?
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Well thanks for asking that question, SbN. Honestly, I hope they change the direction a bit. I know they won't, but I'll try the next creative team barring crappy art and price increase.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Warp Spasm View Post
    Well thanks for asking that question, SbN. Honestly, I hope they change the direction a bit. I know they won't, but I'll try the next creative team barring crappy art and price increase.
    I kind of like each arc getting a new creative team. I'm not a huge fan of the political direction Wood/Smallwood have taken, but it's still good MK comics. I kinda hope the next arc takes more of a supernatural bent. Maybe this is what Waid/Samnee are going to do next...

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I'm going to miss the political take that Wood and Smallwood gave us. I was hoping for a good, long run with some world building.

Quote Originally Posted by super-turtle View Post
    If Moon Knight got a movie or TV show, which actor would you guys choose to play Marc Spector?
    I'd pick Anthony Starr from banshee due his uncanny resemblance to Marc Spector, his action chops and yeah, I think he good do a good Moon Knight/Marc spector.

3714705-secret+avengers+019-009.jpg

He does look freaky like him eh?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedBaron View Post
    Woah, he looks looks almost exactly the same.

I just read Moon Knight #10, and I have to say, it was a bit of a let down after the awesome #9 and it's cliffhanger. Maybe it's because I've loved the done-in-one nature of this MK run, and Wood seems to keep getting further and further from that, or because it seems like Wood's just trying to cram in whatever politics he's into in the moment, it just didn't do it for me. Really felt like a filler issue. Smallwood continues to be awesome however. I'm holding out though, b/c it is MK...

What are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch by Night View Post
    I just read Moon Knight #10, and I have to say, it was a bit of a let down after the awesome #9 and it's cliffhanger. Maybe it's because I've loved the done-in-one nature of this MK run, and Wood seems to keep getting further and further from that, or because it seems like Wood's just trying to cram in whatever politics he's into in the moment, it just didn't do it for me. Really felt like a filler issue. Smallwood continues to be awesome however. I'm holding out though, b/c it is MK...

What are your thoughts?
    I very much agree. The issue was fine, but nothing amazing. I was so pumped up to see what happened next but the pace slowed WAY down in the issue. It was cool to see the doctor develop more as a villain though (her main "power" seems to be manipulation/corruption). I also don't really get why the UN Guards were so evil at the end. Definitely going to keep reading but with his run ending with #12 it seems strange that Wood would advance the plot so little.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch by Night View Post
    I just read Moon Knight #10. It seems like Wood's just trying to cram in whatever politics he's into in the moment, it just didn't do it for me. Really felt like a filler issue. Smallwood continues to be awesome however. I'm holding out though, b/c it is MK...What are your thoughts?
    Agreed. I'm not enjoying Wood's 'lets explore my politics though the medium of Moon Knight' angle in the slightest. I'm holding on though cause arc 3 is on the way soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk_Guy View Post
    I very much agree. The issue was fine, but nothing amazing. I was so pumped up to see what happened next but the pace slowed WAY down in the issue. It was cool to see the doctor develop more as a villain though (her main "power" seems to be manipulation/corruption). I also don't really get why the UN Guards were so evil at the end. Definitely going to keep reading but with his run ending with #12 it seems strange that Wood would advance the plot so little.
    Yeah, the UN guards did seem a bit off to me... The whole arc, I've found it kinda irritating..

Moon Knight #10 was the weakest issue in the series so far for me.

spoilers:

I didn't feel as if the psychologist's manipulation of the cop was convincing enough to make her consider assassinating the general. And there were a few things that just didn't fly for me. Her going undercover as an FBI agent seemed too easy, and knowing everything about the cop, from where she keeps her dad's gun to her family history just seemed kind of shoehorned in. This issue kind of fell apart from an otherwise solid few issues by Wood. My theory about the psychologist being a pawn of Khonshu to get Marc wanting him back might still stay true. I almost have the feeling that Marc will be the one who kills the general by the end of the arc. It would be interesting to see how that develops.

end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Moon Knight #10 was the weakest issue in the series so far for me.

spoilers:

I didn't feel as if the psychologist's manipulation of the cop was convincing enough to make her consider assassinating the general. And there were a few things that just didn't fly for me. Her going undercover as an FBI agent seemed too easy, and knowing everything about the cop, from where she keeps her dad's gun to her family history just seemed kind of shoehorned in. This issue kind of fell apart from an otherwise solid few issues by Wood. My theory about the psychologist being a pawn of Khonshu to get Marc wanting him back might still stay true. I almost have the feeling that Marc will be the one who kills the general by the end of the arc. It would be interesting to see how that develops.

end of spoilers
    I agree that this was the weakest of Wood's issues but I still liked it well enough. It's definitely more of a transitional issue, setting things up for the conclusion. As for the manipulation of the cop, I felt it was implied that there was some hypnosis going on, so the cop was really making her own decisions. And going undercover as a fed seems easy enough in most movies and TV shows (even if it really wouldn't be in real life) so that didn't seem like a big leap to me. And researching a person's history - especially if you plan to use them as a pawn in an assassination scheme - doesn't seem like a big deal either. Still, this was a "just ok" issue for me but I have faith that Wood will wrap his run up in solid fashion.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

H
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedBaron View Post
    I'd pick Anthony Starr from banshee due his uncanny resemblance to Marc Spector, his action chops and yeah, I think he good do a good Moon Knight/Marc spector.

3714705-secret+avengers+019-009.jpg

Which issue is this from? Is it the Wood run?

Extraordinary Member

That is a very strong resemblance.